NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

You're going to have to clear up another 2GB. You need 16GB to download it plus 16GB to install it. You'll get the first 16GB back once the game is installed.

Basic console ports being the crucial element of your post. Shitty console ports by the sounds of things.

I can't quite work out the statement you're making here. You only need to play a game like Skyrim to realise that PC framerates blow console equivalents out of the water.

Skyrim is another poorly optimised game. When the game came out modders got it running faster and better looking than what the developers could.

A good example of a well optimised pc game is Battlefield 3. Runs better than the other games mentioned , better than COD and looks tons better than almost anything.

USA get their Vita PS plus games:

8180371559_f0eb40d8fd_c.jpg

What will Europe get?

We get Uncharted GA, Gravity Rush, Chronovolt and Mutant Blobs Tales From Space.

I wanted free JSR while my free month trial was still valid :(

They have more PS3 games at any one point, too. However, ours change more often.

Shame that I have three launch games.

Still, looking at the release schedule, won't they run out of games?

Heh, for once, the US get the better end of the PSPlus deal when it comes to Vita

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/11/13/playstation-plus-for-ps-vita-launch-details-confirmed/

We get Uncharted GA, Gravity Rush, Chronovolt and Mutant Blobs Tales From Space.

I wanted free JSR while my free month trial was still valid :(

Still looks good. I dont even have a Vita yet and Uncharted was a certain buy. Probably grab LBP and Assasin's.

They should also add PSP games. Burnout Legends please.

Fuck yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaauuuusss!! Uncharted is MINE.

Skyrim is another poorly optimised game. When the game came out modders got it running faster and better looking than what the developers could.

A good example of a well optimised pc game is Battlefield 3. Runs better than the other games mentioned , better than COD and looks tons better than almost anything.

USA get their Vita PS plus games:

8180371559_f0eb40d8fd_c.jpg

What will Europe get?

It's the same with most games. A decent PC will usually always run the same game a lot better than the console version. Frame rate, textures, load times, etc.

No one else geared up for Zero Escape on the Vita? What can I say to convince you all?

....What is Zero Escape?

Oh you didn't. :p

It's the sequel to 999 (9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors). on the DS. But you definitely don't need to play 999 first to get this.

It's basically a series that has probably the most awesome storylines to a game ever. They revolve around the 'binary game'. Basically in the first game 9 people were kidnapped, dumped inside a secured ship and told they had 9 hours to escape or else a bomb planted inside of them would explode. A little like saw in the premise.

But so much deeper... in order to pass through rooms you have to solve the clues and you can only pass through rooms with certain combinations of people. Each person has their own number on a wristwatch (1 to 9). Only people with numbers adding up to 9 can leave the room - e.g. the people with numbers 1 and 8 or 1,3 and 5.

The first game had brilliant twists that no one could call. You end up having to play the game more than once in order to change the outcome of the game and take different paths.

The first game is too good, I'm really not doing it justice explaining it. Not that I value their opinions particularly but IGN have given it 9.5 and RPGamer 9. Shit's gonna rock, and it's only like £23 on Amazon (preorder).

Edited by Sheikah

They have more PS3 games at any one point, too. However, ours change more often.

Shame that I have three launch games.

Still, looking at the release schedule, won't they run out of games?

But "they" get more games on each rotation.

In other news...I somehow managed to break a controller. I dropped it off the dresser my PS3 is on. When I retrieved it the right analogue was down to the right and won't recentre or click in and doesn't work. It's like it's snapped inside off its fitting. I cannot believe how expensive they are $59.99 RRP + tax. I ended up playing $54.83 + tax unbelievable...just for reference retail games here are $59.99 + tax. Despite not really being able to afford it still got one but man urgh that's expensive. Tried to find a second hand one but with no luck in the many cash converter stores around here.

In other news...I somehow managed to break a controller. I dropped it off the dresser my PS3 is on. When I retrieved it the right analogue was down to the right and won't recentre or click in and doesn't work. It's like it's snapped inside off its fitting. I cannot believe how expensive they are $59.99 RRP + tax. I ended up playing $54.83 + tax unbelievable...just for reference retail games here are $59.99 + tax. Despite not really being able to afford it still got one but man urgh that's expensive. Tried to find a second hand one but with no luck in the many cash converter stores around here.

Ouch flamey that sucks mate but you had to get a replacement as we must play some more NFS: Most Wanted multiplayer. :bouncy:

Unlucky there, but...am I the only one with multiple controllers?

I have four controllers. Whenever I don't use one for ages, like a year plus, the sticks get coated with this weird sticky shit. They become unusable. Annoys the flying fuck out of me.

I have four controllers. Whenever I don't use one for ages, like a year plus, the sticks get coated with this weird sticky shit. They become unusable. Annoys the flying fuck out of me.

I have four, but I have always rotated the use of each one, so that is no issue here.

Ah yes, the lactating analogue sticks.

Great. Because I rotate the use of my controllers, Sony is slowly poisoning me to death.

Oh so it isn't just me. Happened on both of my old sixaxis to the extent that I really don't want to use them. Luckily I have a newer dualshock that I always try to use.

Both the old sixaxis are off center too, shitty products.

Unlucky there, but...am I the only one with multiple controllers?

Yeah I do but play a lot of games with the missus so need two really. I did have a spare sixaxis but sold it with my broken PS3 on ebay.

Ah yes, the lactating analogue sticks.

Will never forget Extra Life when you revealed this to me and I went and took out the spare controller low and behold it was covered in crap.

Is there a way to create Folders for your games list in the PS3 menu? So I can tidy away my games into Full Game Downloads and Demo's etc... and also sort the order out.

I don't really like having a long list of things to scroll through.

Is there a way to create Folders for your games list in the PS3 menu? So I can tidy away my games into Full Game Downloads and Demo's etc... and also sort the order out.

I don't really like having a long list of things to scroll through.

Yes. Press triangle button on the item you wish to edit, choose information, and edit the 'album' name. You can choose to copy the text and paste onto all items you wish to have in the same album. You can then cycle through sort options using square button, or triangle button and then choose sort.

Thanks!

Sounds a little complicated but I'm sure it isn't; Looking forward to sorting everything now!

EDIT: Much better! :D

Edited by Retro_Link

I should do this. Plus is messing up my organisation. Not sure how to categorise my games? I can do platforms but the PS3 part is too big. Just need to think of something better.

thanks for the copy past tip. didnt know that was possible.

PS store should seriously include very disk release as a DD option nowadays. Not sure why only some games are up for pre order.