NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

So Tombi is heading our way for Oct 3rd now. Woot - if you have a Vita, be sure to pick this one up. A classic.

More good stuff from Sony.

Sony Announces PSN Day 1 Digital Program

Full games available on release day.

Sony has announced PSN Day 1 Digital, a program that offers titles for download on PlayStation Network the same day they’re available at retail. The program will launch on October 2nd, but players can pre-order games before they become available and PlayStation Plus members will get a 10% discount.

The following games have been announced for the program so far:

• Resident Evil 6 (October 2 - $59.99)

• NBA 2K13 (October 2 - $59.99/$53.99 for Plus members, with pre-order)*

• Dishonored (October 9 - $59.99/$53.99 for Plus members, with pre-order)*

• Doom 3: BFG Edition (October 16 - $39.99/$35.99 for Plus members, with pre-order)*

• 007 Legends (October 16 - $59.99, 10% off week one for Plus members)

• Medal Of Honor Warfighter (October 23 - $59.99)

• Need For Speed: Most Wanted (October 30 - $59.99/$53.99 for Plus members, with pre-order)*

• Assassin’s Creed III (October 30 - $59.99)*

* = Available for pre-order

“Our upcoming PSN Day 1 Digital lineup in October is exceptional and demonstrates our commitment to delivering the best games to the devoted PlayStation community as soon as they’re available,” said SCEA digital platforms senior director Jack Buser. “Additionally, with our new PlayStation 3 models on the horizon offering up to 500GB of storage, there’s never been a better time to experience PS3 games digitally through PSN.”

This strategy has been in place since day one on Vita, and Sony just recently made Borderlands 2 available on PSN day 1. In that case, the game wasn’t available at midnight, launching later in the day instead when the PlayStation Store was updated.

There’s no word on if midnight releases will be a part of PlayStation’s digital pre-order future, but read what we want in a PlayStation Store redesign for that feature and more that we’d like to see Sony add.

Good news for America, where the RRP isn't much different to the in-store prices.

However, for us it will be a different story, as the games will likely be £49.99 (so around £44.99 with the Plus discount), whereas in stores they will be £40 or less.

Good news for America, where the RRP isn't much different to the in-store prices.

However, for us it will be a different story, as the games will likely be £49.99 (so around £44.99 with the Plus discount), whereas in stores they will be £40 or less.

Yep this is very true..Borderlands 2 is actually cheaper on PSN than in some stores once you add tax on it's crazy. Only problem personally is Canada has such strict download limits...none of the big suppliers do unlimited and it's arsehole expensive if you go over. So for now digital as a means of constantly buying games is not an option in a household where plenty of other people use the internet.

I've even taking to not downloading all the plus titles whereas before I would just download them on the off chance I fancied playing them.

You would think they would let you download the content maybe a day early but not let you run it until the next day. Kinda annoying that you'd have to wait for it to download on the day it's released.

Anyone else getting Tombi?

Already have it. Great game.

What about Tokyo Jungle? I downloaded it last Wednesday. It's a gem, a rough one, but a gem nevertheless. The gamespot review doesn't do the game justice, at least not the score(I haven't actually read the review). Since I wanted to finish Just Cause 2 I haven't played it that much, but I have already played survival mode 10 times or so. Think my record so far is 35 years or something with the Beagle. Looking forward to unlock the bigger animals like hippos and lions.

Sweet. This month on plus:

Bulletstorm.jpg

I never got round to getting it.

You also get Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition and "Hell Yeah! Wrath of Dead Rabbit".

Sweet. I just played Bulletstorm last week. :blank:

It's a good game to give away, though, since a lot of people seemed to skip it when it was released.

Sweet. This month on plus:

Bulletstorm.jpg

I never got round to getting it.

You also get Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition and "Hell Yeah! Wrath of Dead Rabbit".

Wow that's a pretty good month. . Certainly on a par with this epic month....

7026303417_2bcbd3dc19.jpg

LOL.

Definitely interested in Bulletstorm enjoyed the demo just never picked it up. Hell Yeah! Only just came out I think and got favourable reviews

Bulletstorm is surprisingly excellent. I was not a fan of the demo, too.

Plus is brilliant. Resident Evil 5 and that awesome looking Hell Yeah!, too.

So Tomba is out, it's as amazing as it ever was. Think they're going to patch it as it wasn't compatible with Vita last night when they said it would be. Probably be fixed for Vita soon anyway.

Everyone, get this. It's amazing.

Edited by Sheikah

Hell Yeah! Is so much fun...highly recommend everyone downloads it.

Yeah played this last night it's completely batshit insane!

Yeah played this last night it's completely batshit insane!

Yep! All the little references are awesome. Although stuck on a bit where you go underwater.

Edited by flameboy

There are references? To what? :p But hell yeah, it's a good game. Pun no intended :p

Oh wow! Sony are suing Kevin Butler!!!

For those not in the know, the actor who plays Kevin Butler in Sony's US adverts appeared in a Bridgestone advert in the US that advertised an offer where they give away a Wii when you buy a set of tires.

The actor who plays Kevin Butler (Jerry Lambert) appears in the advert, playing Mario Kart Wii...

Sony are now suing Bridgestone and the advertising agency (Wildcat Creek) that made the ad. Jerry Lambert just so happens to be Wildcat Creek's president!

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/california/candce/3:2012cv04753/258962/

http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/california/candce/3:2012cv04753/258962/8/

http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/california/candce/3:2012cv04753/258962/14/

Holy shit! This is just too funny! :laughing: Can't wait to watch Sony getting laughed out of court (assuming that they haven't settled) :laughing:

Sweet, is Tombi free?

Also, I doubt it is on par with ;

7026303417_2bcbd3dc19.jpg

As Cube claimed in his post.

Nah it's about £3, well worth it.

All Vita owners, I have the next thing you have to buy. Partly because it's the sequel to one of the best games on the DS, and partly because it's cheap for a new game that's not come out yet.

The sequel to 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors (AKA 999) called Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward is penned in for a Nov 16th release, and priced at only £22.50.

This will be amazing and that is a good price. Gogogo

If I was able to buy any more digital games on my Vita, I would. But I can't.

Oh BTW, word of warning for anyone who's looking to buy Tombi/Tomba off the EU PSN stores, they've butchered the game and converted the US version to 50hz (very badly at that!)

It's even worse than the original PAL versions because the game speed and music hasn't even been corrected for the slower 50hz speed, making the gameplay much slower and the music/sound effects slowed down and off.

A large chunk of the "import" titles also suffer from the same problem (though not all - The US Resident Evil games run at the proper 60hz speed at least)

A video of the problem is shown here:

If you're looking to buy Tombi/Tomba, get it off the US store. You'll get the proper 60hz version that way.

Oh BTW, word of warning for anyone who's looking to buy Tombi/Tomba off the EU PSN stores, they've butchered the game and converted the US version to 50hz (very badly at that!)

That is ridiculous!

epic_fail_Epic_Fails-s420x420-48808-580.jpg

This is fraud and should be treated like fraud! Any company who respect their customers, pulls faulty product off the market, and refunds purchases!

I HATE THE 'DIGITAL AGE'!* It is too easy to sell a product and waive responsibilty, warranties, and consumer rights!

* I love digital; computers, CDs, BDs, games. But I do not love locked downloadable entertainment.

This is fraud and should be treated like fraud! Any company who respect their customers, pulls faulty product off the market, and refunds purchases!

I HATE THE 'DIGITAL AGE'!* It is too easy to sell a product and waive responsibilty, warranties, and consumer rights!

* I love digital; computers, CDs, BDs, games. But I do not love locked downloadable entertainment.

Well it's not like this sort of responsibility waiving problem is limited to downloadable games...

skyrimj9xgy.gif

But yeah, people should be looking to get a refund if they've already bought one of the affected games.

Edited by Dcubed

Well it's not like this sort of responsibility waiving problem is limited to downloadable games...

skyrimj9xgy.gif

True. Skyrim is a good example! This whole generation I have not bought games on launch, except Nintendo games, because they are not finished on launch. I buy them 3-12 months later, at half the price, if reviews have not reported severe performance problems with the games.

The only way game developers will get my money on launch, is if they have proven themselves worthy of my cash.