NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I guess this is as good a time as any to check out Vanquish. I kind of wanted to play it a couple of months ago when I was devouring action games, but not enough to actually buy it.

I guess this is as good a time as any to check out Vanquish. I kind of wanted to play it a couple of months ago when I was devouring action games, but not enough to actually buy it.

I was the same but ended up playing Bulletstorm instead but did consider Vanquish. Really good titles just a shame that I have Arkham City and Limbo, both fantastic games.

Plus is so awesome makes it hard to finish games as they keep giving us awesome games.

That advert is absolutely fantastic. I'm super tempted to pick up PS+ for a few months. The lineup is amazing.

Remember to go to your account details on the PS3 and disable the Playstation Plus auto renewal after you redeem the trial code or else you'll end up paying for an extra 3 months after the free trial finishes.

Good tip!

Think I might give this Free Trial a go, quite fancy trying Vanquish and Batman!

Although I might keep the code until the January PS+ games are announced and see what those are too.

You'd split it over two months if you signed up now, too. It'd just be November/December instead of December/January. :heh:

Depends on if you want Crysis 2 or want to take a gamble, really.

You'd split it over two months if you signed up now, too. It'd just be November/December instead of December/January. :heh:

Depends on if you want Crysis 2 or want to take a gamble, really.

Nah last months ones were rubbish. Hopefully they'll do something nice to kick the new year off/post Christmas.

Actually, the system changed ages ago - games are available for more than one month. The current batch are:

- Ratchet & Clank All 4 One

- Crysis 2

- Cubixx HD

- Double Dragon Neo

- Bulletstorm

- Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition

- Scott Pilgrim

- Little Big Planet 2

- Motorstorm Apocalypse

- InFamous 2

Plus the Vita games.

I wasn't sure whether my free code was going to come through so just had a check on the Playstation Store and it looks like a 90 day subscription is available for only £7.99. Thought it was a glitch so I jumped on it along with GTA4 for just over £20 in total. Turns out the £7.99 offer is until 11:59pm on 7th December as part of it's 1st day of Xmas deal :)

Man, I'm definitely getting on PS+ now. Scott Pilgrim is online co-op, right? Anyone up for that some time?

Scott Pilgrim doesn't have online co-op, but apparently they're going to release a DLC pack soon that will add it.

Two years after the game was released, but better late than never!

Seriously? I thought it would have been out by now. Maybe it was cancelled... Shame if so, I'd gladly play $5 for the second DLC.

Major Nelson announced it on his blog about a month ago and swiftly removed any mention of it, but not before it did the rounds on the internet. And I checked GameFAQs today, and the posters there say that if you check your trophies while you're online, the game now has four trophies tied to the new DLC, so it must be coming very soon.

So don't give up hope, Guy! WE MUST HAVE WALLACE WELLS.

The one thing that does not work in favour of Playstation Plus is the ridiculously slow speeds at which things download from the store. Xbox Live isn't exactly lightning fast, but it outperforms this joke by miles.

I've never had a problem with download speeds, they always go at max speed for me.

Could be my connection, but I've always found the PS3 downloads to absolutely crawl. I'm rigged up via Ethernet too, but no speed increase at all. No other systems present this issue either. Gonna spend some time on Google for assistance.

I'm connected wirelessly and it's perfectly fine.

I've put my PS3 in my DMZ, though. Maybe that helps?

Could be my connection, but I've always found the PS3 downloads to absolutely crawl. I'm rigged up via Ethernet too, but no speed increase at all. No other systems present this issue either. Gonna spend some time on Google for assistance.

Something with your setup or ISP. Check you arent being throttled. Downloads are huge on PSN compared to other services.

PS3's wired is a gigabit ethernet port so it can reach higher speeds than the WiiU and 360 by far. Built in Wireless is only G on the other hand is slow but fine enough for most adsl connections though.

Edited by Choze

Kinda redundant really. Any maximum speed limit for wireless (providing you're not miles from the router) would probably be faster than the speed your ISP delivers. We know it's not his setup anyway since he says he gets the speeds on other services.

Most likely some port issue.

What 'other' devices? A Wii? A DS? Would be nice to know. Perhaps we can trouble shoot.

A pc with steam and downloading some large free games are a good test. 10gb is a good test in peak hours.

ISP? Are you with Virgin or someone who has draconian restrictions you are probably not aware of?

Can your router actually handle heavy traffic? Most routers will struggle nowadays. All the free ones do.

There are lots of avenues to consider.