NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

FFXIII: Press X to Win, is its full name.

You know this will make you laugh. In Final Fantasy X-2 to get the good ending during the ending FMV you have to randomly, out of the blue press X and listen out for a whistle. Then press X something like 4 more times in order to WIN. If you don't press X you don't get the good ending. For Real.

Press X to win indeed.

Edited by Sheikah

Even MORE utterly strange is that he said he really liked FFXIII!

I sweard I wouldn't comment anymore but this is an UTTER LIE! When in hell did I say that I "really liked FFXIII?" Never have I said that, and you just out of the blue accuse me of such a thing. It gave me the most play time, cause I whored out the achievement, but never did I say I "really liked it". Even I wouldn't have guessed you were this low.

A direct question to you: Are you a Sony fan, who just felt offended by my statement, that my PS3 would be collecting dust if it wasn't for Blu-Ray movies? Cause thats how it really feels.

Even MORE utterly strange is that he said he really liked FFXIII! This is without doubt one of the most 'corridor' games in history, it was universally slated for this very reason. You spend a huge amount of the game walking down set paths with no veering off the course.

Ok. And where is the problem?

Oh, I'm sorry. You do research to find out the best games. Then instead of getting them, you go and buy ones you don't like such as FFXIII and plough countless hours into it.

Ok. And where is the problem?

None, if you like it. Someone suggested uncharted to him but he said he'd never play it due to it sounding like a 'corridors' game. But by his own confession he totally completed FFXIII.

And when did I say I didn't enjoy the game? That's the second lie now. And I have nothing good to say about liars. If I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't have put 120 hours into it.

This is going nowhere. If someone doesn't stop this, there will be nothing more than pointing fingers and throwing offends all around. Also, you ignored my question, so I take it as a yes.

This is it, enough of this, like Dracula would say. No more of this stupid debate, that took a turn to lying.

The point is that you said you wouldn't like Uncharted as it sounded like it was a 'corridors' game. Now you are saying you DID enjoy FFXIII. Ergo you COULD enjoy Uncharted for it being 'corridors' as you loved a different game which was all 'corridors' (even though UC really isn't).

Stop getting wound up about supposed 'lies', it is making you sound like a bit of a douche.

When in hell did I say that I "really liked FFXIII?"

And when did I say I didn't enjoy the game? That's the second lie now. And I have nothing good to say about liars. If I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't have put 120 hours into it.

tumblr_maxpieCmjF1qh5u4lo1_500.gif

Off topic: Name of the movie (gif)? I've always wanted to watch it, but I just can't remember its name.

Off topic: Name of the movie (gif)? I've always wanted to watch it, but I just can't remember its name.

Scanners - Directed by David Cronenberg 1981

Scanners.jpg

Want to get an external hard drive to make my PS3 more entertainment centric (as steaming over Wifi is temperamental). Should I take any factors into considering? Don't want to get one that ends up laggy or something.

Want to get an external hard drive to make my PS3 more entertainment centric (as steaming over Wifi is temperamental). Should I take any factors into considering? Don't want to get one that ends up laggy or something.

I don't think you need to worry much to be honest. Just a decent branded one.... I've had a western digital I've for years now that wasn't the most expensive one they did but did the job.

Have you looked into Powerline?

http://uk.tp-link.com/products/?categoryid=206

You have lots of ways of going about the PS3 as a media server using wired/powerline. You can even have your router use your usb hdd drive for the PS3.

External HDD wise its hard to go wrong. Just make sure it isnt too small or too old and you will be more than ok. You might want one that uses a separate power lead as the slims only have 2 usb ports. Use mkv2vob for mkv files. Thats the basics really :)

Feel free to ask us anymore questions regarding media stuff.

Edited by Choze

I use a two year old 500GB USB 2.0 Samsung "S2 Portable", without external power supply. So anything you could buy in shops today should work.

I use XviD4PSP 6.0 to convert mkv-files into mp4-files readable by the PS3. The program is fast, and I estimate only one of hundred mkv-files fails conversion.

Have you guys heard of The Wake Up Club coming to Vita? It's already out in Japan while USA are getting it next week for free.

It's basically an alarm clock app but it's main USP is that you set your alarm, you then get paired up with 11 other people who too have their alarm set for the same time, but the game element is to see who wakes up the quickest. Then those who have woken up can either cheer on or make it more difficult for sleepers and snoozers to get up themselves. It's such a random idea but I think it sounds pretty cool:).

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/10/start-your-morning-with-wake-up-club-for-ps-vita-next-week/

Will get lol. Sometimes I need to sleep earlier. Localisation?

Corvette C7 Stingray reveal. There was free dlc for masked version for a few months. To test drive and enjoy. I have to say the car looks great. Will be a free download today or tomorrow.

In GT5 the Corvette C6 was arguably the top progression car in guides as you could upgrade it to one of the top cars in the game. Great handling compared to most sports cars (especially American ones).

Regarding the external hard drive, doesn't it need to be formatted to a FAT32 file system to work with the ps3?

In the past, this was the case, and the drawback of FAT32 vs NTFS is that an individual file can only have a maximum file size of 4GB on FAT32. On NTFS the limit goes beyond that, if there is a limit.

If that's still the case, its good to know in advance as having data stored on an NTFS external that you want to use with the ps3 leads to annoying shifting of files and formatting.

Regarding the external hard drive, doesn't it need to be formatted to a FAT32 file system to work with the ps3?

Yes, sadly it has to be FAT32 formatted.

What's the verdict on Vanquish, Binary Domain, and Syndicate? Thinking of getting 1 or 2 of them in the near future. I already have Vanquish in PS+ while the other 2 are around £10 each. Any of them worth playing?

From what I know of them I'd say Vanquish would be the only one I'd say was probably worth playing, at least it's the only one I'd consider, it got some great reviews.

What's the verdict on Vanquish, Binary Domain, and Syndicate? Thinking of getting 1 or 2 of them in the near future. I already have Vanquish in PS+ while the other 2 are around £10 each. Any of them worth playing?

You can skip Syndicate. It should never have been made. Binary Domain has some fans but I have not played it. Vanquish is a no brainer.

I feel like I'd better recommend Binary Domain. :heh:

It lacks the polish of AAA games, but makes up for it with charming characters and a surprisingly decent (if cheesy) story. The gunplay isn't as fast as in Vanquish but it's still satisfying, and the game has some great bosses.

I'm also currently playing Vanquish and enjoying it. Never played Syndicate.

I've played half of Vanquish not long after release. Never bothered to go back to it.