NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

What's the verdict on Vanquish, Binary Domain, and Syndicate? Thinking of getting 1 or 2 of them in the near future. I already have Vanquish in PS+ while the other 2 are around £10 each. Any of them worth playing?
Binary Domain is £9.98 over at Zavvi atm if that helps.

Playstation Store down for Maintenance for a second day??

EDIT: Extended until around 6.30pm apparently.

Edited by Retro_Link

I can't tell if I'm underreacting to the maintenance situation. I've never noticed PSN, sorry SEN, go down.

I normally like to check the store on a Thursday for new demo's etc... (particularly this week for DMC demo, and maybe the DS3 demo if it's up) and price drops etc...

So just a bit annoying that they'd close it on a Thursday too.

Yeah, they should sort their shit out. I wonder why/what they're doing that means the whole things becomes un-log-in-able (....that's not a word...).

It'll add it to your downloads list, but I think you have to manually start the download on your PS3. Although I'm not 100% sure. At least you can access the store.

Years late to the party but finally got round to playing Bioshock. Pretty good, although I don't think I needed to tell anyone that.

There are parts of Bioshock that are just so lazily implemented it really damages the experience. The final boss is horribly lame. It's such a shame these aspects ruined it for me, because the game had the potential to be pretty cool.

Although one thing that spoils the experience a bit is

You can't die. Actually, deaths are less punishing than the LEGO games.

The option to turn it off, however, is too far in the other direction. I think making the vita chambers more like a checkpoint than respawn would be better.

But that was part of the game's subtext. You had no control. You couldn't even choose to die.

It's already been free. In November or something.

Edit: Oh, no, wait, that was 5. Keep trying to forget there's a sixth.

The greatest GTA games hits PSN next week.

Rockstar has today confirmed that following the launch of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on the PlayStation Network, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is set to join it on the PS2 Classics collection next week.

You'll touch down at Escobar International Airport to commence your life of crime as Tommy Vercetti, acquiring mansions, flash cars and all the worldy riches you could ever hope for in Vice City's world of 80s excess.

You'll be able to download Grand Theft Auto: Vice City from the PlayStation Network on January 29th in North America and January 30th in Europe for $9.99/€9.99/£7.99.

Would be nice on the Vita. I noticed some of the newer games are much better looking on the Vita compared to the early games. The sonic racing demo is fantastic looking on vita. NFS Most wanted is pretty sweet too :)

Any word of February's Plus games?

Nothing yet. Soon i guess.

Hey Lovers.

Not played my PS3 in ageeeeeessssssss. Decided to get back into, what games are all the uncool kids playing nowadays?

Hey Lovers.

Not played my PS3 in ageeeeeessssssss. Decided to get back into, what games are all the uncool kids playing nowadays?

What have you played?

What have you played?

Apart from sport games that no one here would play. I've completed the whole Uncharted series. Also finished Dragon Age and Final Fantasy XIII. Not much else to be fair.

Personally...

I've just finished Infamous and really enjoyed it, and Infamous 2 is meant to be brilliant, so that's one of my next games, and two games I'd recommend. Check the price of the original on PSN as I got it for a bargain price of £7, but otherwise both games should be under £15.

I also downloaded The Unfinished Swan from PSN and whilst only a few hours long, one of the most refreshingly unique and enjoyable games I've played in a long, long time!

Journey is my next downloadable game to play, and then there's the likes of Game of the Year The Walking Dead and Pid, Limbo etc...

I also have Heavy rain waiting to start, then there's Portal 2 and a host of other third party games, I don't know what you've played though...

Sonic Generations, Assassins Creed 3, Far Cry 3, Dishonoured, Ni No Kuni etc...

I set up a new PSN tag as I couldn't remember the password for the other one. I am dubbed from hence forth "Jonington".

I know there's a thread for gamertags but it's not been updated in about 24 years. Can the not annoying people post their tag so I can have some friends and not be a loner.