PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

/just inFAMOUS 2

&

Wipeout HD

Demon's Souls/Dark Souls

Flower

Journey

Fallout 3

I'd still get Infamous 1, while it starts off just being astonishingly unremarkable and takes an absolute age to get going by the end it is utterly superb. Not to mention it probably makes the second game even better through contrast and you'll know the story.

I'm playing Infamous at the moment and I'm absolutely loving it!! :D

I can see why some might think it starts off a bit repetitive, but honestly I'm enjoying it all! If it just continues to build then awesome!!

Then like @Goron_3 I have Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain to tackle next, as well as having just downloaded Journey and The Unfinished Swan from the PSN 12 Days of Christmas sale!

Will be grabbing Infamous 2 next, it's currently £9.95 at Shopto (though might get it off PSN)!

Edited by Retro_Link

One of the best things about Infamous 2 is that it doesn't de-power you or any of that crap at the start. It rejiggs a few things but otherwise you're off with a bang...and then go and gain even more powers.

If your collection is that small though you'll likely get gameplay fatigue by playing both. Putting so many hours into the original just for the story... not really a good enough pay-off. 2 is more polished in every way.

Edited by dwarf

Has anyone heard or mentioned the game Malicious? Just discovered it on psn, checked it out on youtube, and was pretty much sold when in video review, the player said that the game is like a 3d megaman game where you gain the powers of bosses that you defeat. It looks really cool, and reminds me of some of the ps2 devil may cry games. Here's a vid, tell me what you guys think:

Also, did anyone get king of fighters XIII? It's £5.99 (ps+ discount) on the psn at the moment.

It looks really cool, and reminds me of some of the ps2 devil may cry games

Looks sweet, will probably get it later today.

Also, did anyone get king of fighters XIII? It's £5.99 (ps+ discount) on the psn at the moment.

Always wanted to try a King Of Fighters game? How are they holding up to the likes of BlazBlue?

reminds me of some of the ps2 devil may cry games. Here's a vid, tell me what you guys think:

It actually reminds me more of the on-foot sections to Kid Icarus : Uprising but yes there is a definite DMC vibe present as well...

... I'm intrigued, if it's a PS3/PSV game then I may download it on my Vita as it'll give me a good excuse to move everything off my 4GB card and start using my 16GB one. :)

Looks sweet, will probably get it later today.

Always wanted to try a King Of Fighters game? How are they holding up to the likes of BlazBlue?

Hmm, all I know is that it's really popular in south america, and that I prefer its graphical sprite style over Blaz Blue and Street Fighter IV.

It actually reminds me more of the on-foot sections to Kid Icarus : Uprising but yes there is a definite DMC vibe present as well...

... I'm intrigued, if it's a PS3/PSV game then I may download it on my Vita as it'll give me a good excuse to move everything off my 4GB card and start using my 16GB one. :)

Apparently there is a vita version but it maybe only available on the japanese playstation store. Dunno how this game slipped past my radar as it was released in japan more than 2 YEARS ago, and released over here in February!

I have 50€ to spare on the PSN store. Been thinking about getting The Walking Dead. Never watched the series but the games are said to be quite good. Worth it?

Any recommendations besides The Walking Dead?

Edit: Just remembered that Okami HD has been out for quite a while. Might get that, although 20€ are a bit steep.

Edited by drahkon

The Walking Dead was one of my favorite games this year, so I'd definitely recommend it.

I have 50€ to spare on the PSN store. Been thinking about getting The Walking Dead. Never watched the series but the games are said to be quite good. Worth it?

Any recommendations besides The Walking Dead?

Edit: Just remembered that Okami HD has been out for quite a while. Might get that, although 20€ are a bit steep.

Okami HD is a must have! €20 is nothing for a game that good (and the PS3 port is perfect - the best HD Remaster released so far by a mile!)

It's the best Zelda game, that's not actually called "Zelda", ever made.

The Walking Dead is only recommended if you're looking for a good story. The "game" part of it is almost non-existent (it's basically a choose-your-own adventure book in visual form).

With the remaining €30, get House of the Dead 4 or Afterburner Climax along with the Ico/SOTC Collection.

Edited by Dcubed

and the PS3 port is perfect - the best HD Remaster released so far by a mile!

That's what I wanted to hear. I've played the PS2 game ages ago and it blew me away. Downloading now :D

The "game" part of it is almost non-existent (it's basically a choose-your-own adventure book in visual form).

Hm. Then I'll probably hold off on getting it until I'm in a mood for something like this.

With the remaining €30, get House of the Dead 4 or Afterburner Climax along with the Ico/SOTC Collection.

Already have the ICO/SOTC Collection :) Not interested in the other two games. Don't appeal to me at all.

Has anyone heard or mentioned the game Malicious? Just discovered it on psn, checked it out on youtube, and was pretty much sold when in video review, the player said that the game is like a 3d megaman game where you gain the powers of bosses that you defeat. It looks really cool, and reminds me of some of the ps2 devil may cry games. Here's a vid, tell me what you guys think:

Always was tempted by that game. Unfortunately my backlog is huge.

I actually just buy games and never play them.

Not sure why I don't get a Wii U actually.

BA DUM TIIIIISHH!!

*It's a joke for any fantools getting sand up their crack. Swap in Vita for Wii U if it so pleases you.*

I actually just buy games and never play them.

Not sure why I don't get a Wii U actually.

BA DUM TIIIIISHH!!

*It's a joke for any fantools getting sand up their crack. Swap in Vita for Wii U if it so pleases you.*

But this is what I do. I have 5 games for my PS3, and have played each of the about 1 hour max. Granted, I got most of those games for cheap, but still, my PS3 would be collecting dust if it wasn't for Blu-Ray movies.

But what I do is insert PS2 games into my PS3 and sit there for hours pretending they work. Then I go up to my room and sing a lament, lute in hand, to the missing soul of my Playstation stolen long ago by the king of the flying rainbow fish to punish Sony for releasing the dreaded MiniDisk and then cry myself to sleep.

This happens every day.

On a serious note...

D Minor

200px-F-major_d-minor.svg.png

Wouldn't there need to be some games on the Wii U in order to do that?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :p

tumblr_inline_mg32z1s7dH1qfeho2.gif

There's nothing like a bit of the old 'Oh Snap!'

Edited by Daft

But this is what I do. I have 5 games for my PS3, and have played each of the about 1 hour max. Granted, I got most of those games for cheap, but still, my PS3 would be collecting dust if it wasn't for Blu-Ray movies.

What console has games that take your fancy then?

What console has games that take your fancy then?

Almost all the others. For 360, I have about 8 or 9 games, and while I haven't played all of them, most have given me plenty of gameplay time, Final Fantasy XIII probably most. For Wii, I have almost 20 games, and there's only 2 I have never played. And that's because there are too many games to play at the moment.

DS has huge library of good games, and while I only have 1 retail game and 1 eShop game for 3DS, the DS backlog has given me more than enough to play on my 3DS. And now, interesting games have come to 3DS as well, so the games just do not stop there.

I could go on for eternity, but I'll just stop there. Almost every other console has had a library of games for my interest, but PS3 has been underwhelming in that regard. There are great games, but most of them are multiplatforms, which I can get for 360 for I can usually find them cheaper and also 360 has better controller than PS3.

Hopefully my answer was sufficient. :)

Part of the reason I got a PS3 was because the 360's exclusives were drying up. The PS3 has so many great exclusives.

@Andyliini ironically FFXIII also appears on the PS3 and in HD (the 360 version isn't). I've never heard anyone say that the 360 has better exclusives than the PS3, it sounds to me like you haven't really put any thought into what games to buy and are suffering the consequences.

The Wii is a pretty shocking console with relatively few really good games. I really don't know how you found 20 to be honest.