NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

You'll always be dubbed Micro Condom. I don't know why - it wasn't funny or clever at the time of your christening on PSN.

You'll always be dubbed Micro Condom. I don't know why - it wasn't funny or clever at the time of your christening on PSN.

For some added Nostalgia, i'll wear some rubber gloves when I play.

Forgive my ignorance but why is it so ridiculously expensive to buy some PS3 game from the Playstation store than it is from retail.

It's outrageous.

Yeah I think the retailers still want to make money or something so the store has inflated prices for digital versions of games also available on blu-ray disc.

Publishers set the price. Some are pretty well priced, most are fucking ridiculous.

Forgive my ignorance but why is it so ridiculously expensive to buy some PS3 game from the Playstation store than it is from retail.

It's outrageous.

Agreed. Many of them are £60. I got All Stars on the other hand this weekend as it was £17.99 for the PS3 and an extra copy for the Vita.

PS+ content for Feb

PlayStation 3:

F1 Race Stars – 6th February

Sleeping Dogs - 6th February

Quantum Conundrum - 6th February

PlayStation Vita:

WipEout 2048 - 13th February

Lumines – 20th February

Everyone needs to play Sleeping Dogs, especially now it's free!

I came this close to buying Sleeping Dogs a few weeks ago.

F1 Race Stars and Quantum Conundrum look like they're worth a try too (I can't play Lumines).

I set up a new PSN tag as I couldn't remember the password for the other one. I am dubbed from hence forth "Jonington".

I know there's a thread for gamertags but it's not been updated in about 24 years. Can the not annoying people post their tag so I can have some friends and not be a loner.

Tag: EmeraldEmblem

I don't use the message system all that much, no spamming your inbox from me at all, but if I have a multiplayer game you have would be up for some online.

I came this close to buying Sleeping Dogs a few weeks ago.

F1 Race Stars and Quantum Conundrum look like they're worth a try too (I can't play Lumines).

Ditto. Fucking awesome. I love Plus. Best thing this generation. And Hell yes to F1 Race Stars. I wanted it but I kind of didn't want to pay for it. Wish granted.

I've got both the Vita games. Both are brilliant. I'd love some Lumines DLC. I'm holding out for LittleBIGPlanet for Vita or Resistance.

Sweet. Wanted to play Sleeping Dogs.

It is kinda funny how the most loyal game-buyers don't benefit as much from Plus.

I've got less time to play games nowadays so I've become kind of picky. It's nice to take a risk on random games without actually taking much of a risk.

And even if you only end up liking three games throughout the entire year, £40 for it is a bargain.

Another month where I've already played everything I'm interested in. :cry:

*First world problems*

Awesome month for plus. Definitely downloading all three. Played the Quantum Conundrum and really enjoyed it just never got round to picking it up.

My one thing with plus is how many open world games I now have stacked up to play it's way to many I will never get through them all. Kind of damned if they do, damned if they don't. I'm sure I'd be complaining in other ways if they didn't.

I had a voucher for HMV, couldn't think of anything I wanted and thought I'd best spend it sharpish just in case.

So I bought a Plus subscription. I don't really play the PS3, but I suppose this will give me a reason to.

I had a voucher for HMV, couldn't think of anything I wanted and thought I'd best spend it sharpish just in case.

So I bought a Plus subscription. I don't really play the PS3, but I suppose this will give me a reason to.

How long did you get?

PS+ is one of the best things to come out of this generation. I really can't see how Microsoft can justify Live and I'm hoping for some kind of change from them once the new Xbox arrives.

I dunno, Xbox LIVE generates them SO much revenue and Microsoft don't like change. We can only hope.

I dunno, Xbox LIVE generates them SO much revenue and Microsoft don't like change. We can only hope.

The only change I can see them doing is selling the console cheaper if you sign up for 2+ years of Live.

Although with a PS3/4 who cares! :D

The only change I can see them doing is selling the console cheaper if you sign up for 2+ years of Live.

Tbh, they could just start copying Plus and start giving away games. You know, if things became dire.

Although with a PS3/4 who cares! :D

For the sake of my job, me. :heh: But yeah, my inner fanboy is very much with that logic.

90 day membership is going to be £7.99 again available from Feb 6th for 2 weeks. Tempted to renew as my subscription will be finished on 1st March, but with exams and coursework to be doing I may have to restrain myself. Hopefully somewhere like Amazon will drop the price too so I can just buy a card instead and just wait for another really good month of PS+ before renewing.

Edited by Rowan
wrong membership length

I winder how many buy the 30-day membership. I bought a whole year for £30.