• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

HDMI is digital not analogue. There is no signal degradation. A £2 cable will do exactly the same as a £130 cable.

There is signal degradation over length though.

Which is why some decide on HDMI over ethernet for long distances.

But you're right about the cables themselves being essentially the same though.

EDIT: LOOK THAT WAS A SERIOUS POST WITH NO BULLSHIT WHATS GOING ON I DESERVE A GIF RIGHT?

I’m going to just jump right into this one: The House of the Dead 3 is coming to PlayStation Network on February 7th, to be followed by The House of the Dead 4 in Spring 2012. Both titles have been updated with HD graphics, trophies, and complete PlayStationMove support to give you a full arcade HOTD experience in your living room. Boom. Yes. Awesome.

Originally released in 2002, The House of the Dead 3 introduced a number of new elements to the series, including “rescue events,†a shot ranking and grading system that challenges players to shoot both quickly and accurately, and a Boss “cancel†bar that players must fill to fend off devastating attacks.

Very nice.

PlayStation 4 also set for E3 2012 reveal?

Well I've been hearing rumblings of this for a while now. It's pretty much like the article says, Sony rushing to match Microsoft who are rushing to match Nintendo. I'm kind of expecting a car crash from all three.The WiiU looks dire, Microsoft are going hard and fast after the 'casual' audience (although I don't doubt there'll be plenty of 'core' games, I just hope the hardware is less shonky) and God know what Sony are going to come up with (although at the very least they're talking to developers this time instead of inventing another new way to code).

Aren't this whacked together on one disk on the wii?!

Anyways, I'm collating a best digital downloads list but struggling on the PS3. What do people think is the best digital download game? Limbo, Joe Danger, OMG-Z?!

If you're looking for exclusives;

I really enjoyed Pixel Junk Shooter, Wipeout HD + Furious and Flower.

For others I recommend Mega Man 9 + 10 and Super Sonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars.

Also, Dead Nations is pretty awesome. This year; Explodemon! is awesome. Sideway: New York, PayDay: The Heist, Outland.

And you cannot forget Infamous: Blood Festival.

There have been a crap load of amazing downloadable games now I think of it.

I'm blaming the Wii/WiiU for jump starting the next wave. That combined with Microsoft's determination to thieve its audience. And Sony for releasing a year late.

I'll be interested to see how Microsoft price their console.

Microsoft rushing to produce a console seems like a bit of a recipe for disaster, I hope they make some better hardware this time.

I've actually changed my mind a little regarding the next wave of consoles. I wouldn't mind the PS4 coming, in fact it'd be pretty cool. Expensively cool, but cool. So long as it isn't completely rushed and for the sake of it I'd be pretty content, but I can't see there being the major generation switch for 2-3 years yet at least.

The thing I'm worried about most, if these are true, is the Wii U.

It needs at least a few years of being at the same level as the competition (in terms of power). Otherwise they may as well delay it and make it comparable to the next Xbox or PlayStation. Especially as the whole point of the update is to get gamers like us lot back.

Edit: Then again, it may work the other way round. I don't think most developers would be able to afford another big leap in graphical power, so they may be tempted to make the Wii U the main platform.

Edited by Cube

The Wii U was always going to have this issue though I think. Its just such a weird decision to release a new bit of hardware so close to the end of your competitors consoles life cycles but only make it a tiny bit more powerful (if that). Its just going to be obsolete again after a year or so when we see the actual next generation of consoles, regardless of if theyre announced now or not. I might have gotten a Wii U if the specs made it worthwhile but motion controls or the new controller arent a draw for me and I know id rather just wait for the real next generation.

The thing I'm worried about most, if these are true, is the Wii U.

It needs at least a few years of being at the same level as the competition (in terms of power). Otherwise they may as well delay it and make it comparable to the next Xbox or PlayStation. Especially as the whole point of the update is to get gamers like us lot back.

Edit: Then again, it may work the other way round. I don't think most developers would be able to afford another big leap in graphical power, so they may be tempted to make the Wii U the main platform.

Indeed. I remember reading from developers of both hardware and software who said that the leap from this generation will not be as drastic.

So, that makes me wonder why they are bothering. They're finally at the point where they're making a profit with their hardware, so why go back to not making a profit at all with your hardware when the jump is not likely to be worth it

Indeed. I remember reading from developers of both hardware and software who said that the leap from this generation will not be as drastic.

So, that makes me wonder why they are bothering. They're finally at the point where they're making a profit with their hardware, so why go back to not making a profit at all with your hardware when the jump is not likely to be worth it

The PS3 doesn't become obsolete once its successor launches. In fact it's still a relatively expensive machine, so there's a long way to go until its success is wrung dry, both in developed and emerging markets. Hell, FIFA 12 came out on PS2!

You also have the WiiU to consider. If people are going to be making games for that for the next few years then porting them to the PS3 and 360 will be economical.

On a slightly different note, I think the graphical shift to the next generation will be bigger than some people think, mainly due to things you can't really show off in screenshots: true 1080P, advanced dynamic lighting, foliage that parts and tramples as you move through it, tesselated terrain that doesn't 'pop' when you get near, etc. There are various gameplay ramifications, too; a jump in power will always present more possibilities, especially coming off a generation that's gone on so long developers are squeezing the most out of what they have.