N-Europe

"Is It Secret?...Is It Safe?"

Fierce_LiNk

I'm hoping/praying that the majority of you realised where this quote was from. If you guessed Bambi, then you're a bluddy idiot and don't deserve to be on this planet. Go back to Mars where you belong!

If you guessed Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, then you chose WISELY.

I just put this film on half an hour ago, out of pure boredom. Extended edition, and once again, I find myself fixated, like I did all those years ago.

This is such a cracking film, and as faithful to the book as they could probably get away with. Still pissed they missed out Tom Bombadill, but you can't have them all.

Let us hear your views on this film. Masterpiece, or Misery?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov

Stunning films. Purely because I'm a sucker for wars, especially with swords and archers.

Havn't read the books, I'm not a book man but I may read them.

Fantastic films. Masterpiece though? Belle Ville Rendevous is a masterpiece. The Godfather, Le' Circe de Rouge, Trainspotting, Dr. Strangelove - All these films are masterpieces because they do a lot with with not very much. Lord of The Rings does a lot with a lot. It does it very well I grant you, but still. If you want a Peter Jackson "masterpiece" I'd hold something like The Frighteners over Lord of the Rings any day.

They're certainly better then the books mind.

Fantastic films. Masterpiece though? Belle Ville Rendevous is a masterpiece. The Godfather, Le' Circe de Rouge, Trainspotting, Dr. Strangelove - All these films are masterpieces because they do a lot with with not very much. Lord of The Rings does a lot with a lot with a lot. It does it very well I grant you, but still. If you want a Peter Jackson "masterpiece" I'd hold something like The Frighteners over Lord of the Rings any day.

They're certainly better then the books mind.

They ain't better than the books. :shakehead

And as for Peter Jackson's masterpiece... either Heavenly Creatures or Braindead.

I hate Lord of The Rings. It's just one massive cliche, the books are 1500 pages of pointless, self indulgent excrement. That said, some parts of the films are pretty entertaining, and I quite like them, even though that idiot Jackson doesn't understand the concept of editing.

They ain't better than the books. :shakehead

And as for Peter Jackson's masterpiece... either Heavenly Creatures or Braindead.

The books are just far too thick. The Hobbit is an amazing piece of storytelling, but LoTR just bogs itself down.

And yes, Braindead is amazing. Though I will always consider The Frighteners to be a rather underrated classic.

The books are just far too thick. The Hobbit is an amazing piece of storytelling, but LoTR just bogs itself down.

And yes, Braindead is amazing. Though I will always consider The Frighteners to be a rather underrated classic.

Bad Taste FTW.

As for the films? After several watchings, you just want to watch the second disc and see all the action, tbh.

I hate Lord of The Rings. It's just one massive cliche, the books are 1500 pages of pointless, self indulgent excrement. That said, some parts of the films are pretty entertaining, and I quite like them, even though that idiot Jackson doesn't understand the concept of editing.

GTFO!

Masterpieces, but after seeing the extended editions and all the extras, the work that they went to, the attention to detail everythig, simply bloody amazing. Only rivaled by Star Wars.

I guessed the quote wrong. I thought it was Bambi, I'll be heading off to Mars now. :sad: I actually thought this going to be a film about Marathon Man and torture with dental tools. C'est La Vie.

I'm surprised that there are actually people who don't like the Lord of the Rings films. Sure they are long (don't watch all the extended editions at once, your eyes will bleed and you will die) but as individual films they are gripping visual feasts. Oh well, can't please everyone I guess. What I always find amazing is that they're by the some guy who did Braindead and Bad Taste, which are about as far removed as a monkey from microwave.

Films aren't that great, after watching the first movie I got the book trilogy, see what the book was like with a new copy, since the older ones had pages stuck together by everyone spunking on it.

The books are shit. Simple as.

The movie's aren't that bad, but I wouldn't go out my way to watch them.