Fragile Dreams

pedrocasilva

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Namco event was yesterday:

21195n20071124to041fd20rr7.jpg

They showed a short teaser video, and the producer talked about the game a little. He said that although the game might look like a horror game at the moment, the game is really more of a human drama story. There will be various short stories and sketch arts on walls and stuff throughout the game hinting at the world before, and there will be a contest in three of Mediawork's magazines where readers can submit their own short stories and sketches, two of which will be picked to be implemented into the game.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/9048/1/Fragile:_Wii_Exclusive_RPG_(Video,_Wallpaper,_Screens)

Bandai Namco has revealed more on its brand new RPG for Nintendo's Wii, 'Fragile'. The game is being co-developed by Third Party outfit tri-Crescendo (who worked with Bandai Namco and Monolith Soft on Baten Kaitos and Baten Kaitos Origins, as well as the solo Xbox 360 effort Eternal Sonota) and Bandai Namco's own team that brought the fantastic Japanese-only strategy RPG 'Venus & Braves' to the PlayStation 2 in 2006.

For those wondering what is actually being said in the trailer, here is a translation: "Ah Hotaru. This Star, it's this sort of vastness the Earth is overflowing with people, but every person thinks "why am I alone?" It’s because their mind is rot with madness. And to end this madness I must destroy that world, and to do that, I must locate the virus."

Fragile is a game set in the near future where humans are almost extinct and the world is about to come to an end. Your quest is to search for new allies and to find out why everything is dying. The moon is the only thing Seto has to guide him on his perilous journey and along the way you discover the problems lie with bad spirits that you must defeat in order to return normalcy to the world. During the adventure, Seto will have to explore deserted towns where humans once lived but have now vanished, yet is not alone on this escapade as a mysterious heroine is waiting in the wings to lend a helping hand.

Gamers can use the Wii controller to hold a torch or metal detector, whilst the branch Seto is shown as holding in the images released so far is what can be used to fight off the evil spirits, with combat being mapped to a quick swing of either the Nunchuk or Wii controller itself.

With development already at the 30% stage and a 2008 release promised, no doubt more information will be forthcoming very soon.

Heres the teaser shown at the event from GT.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/5779.html

With Namco Bandai and Tri-Crescendo working on the game I'm expecting great things, when you see all the games they've worked on.

However, by todays standards and going on what the Wii is capable of, this looks graphically very poor atm and isn't up to their usual standard.

It's textures and character models are comparable to Skies on the Dreamcast [all those years ago] and even that was probably smoother looking.

But at 30% development A LOT can still change!

The setting/story/gameplay are all sounding encouraging atm, so that's good!

[..]

However, by todays standards and going on what the Wii is capable of, this looks graphically very poor atm and isn't up to their usual standard.

It's textures and character models are comparable to Skies on the Dreamcast [all those years ago] and even that was probably smoother looking.

[..]

[You're exagerating quite a bit]

I will hold of judgement 'till I see the final result, but from what I can see it looks nice. Then again, I value a good artstyle more than actual graphics quality.

Anyway, you can see the trailer on the teaser site itself, click the 4th link in the menu on the top. You won't have to deal with any Gametrailer ads.

I love the look & sound of it so far.. Although it doesn't seem to be a RPG with instanced battles etc, it looks like it's an action RPG. Not that that's a bad thing.

Nope, it looks like a dreamcast game. In fact, I'd say it looks much worse than Resident Evil Code Veronica. This game has a nice atmosphere but there is gonna have to be certain major steps that will need to be achieved if this will be acceptable by todays visual standards. One of them would be re texturing almost everything in that entire video. Just for starts.

FFS, of course the game graphics don't look good yet, it's only 30% complete!

Companies shouldnt release footage or media of a game if it is grossely different from what final game will look like (better or worse). It's in everyone's interest to do it that way. The dev, publisher, retailer and consumer.

Nope, it looks like a dreamcast game. In fact, I'd say it looks much worse than Resident Evil Code Veronica.

Maybe it looks like 1 of the better looking Dreamcast games, I dunno, don't have much experience with Dreamcast games, but it certainly looks better than Skies of Arcadia, even at this stage. Unless, of course, you're talking about the artstyle, in which case it's a matter of taste.

[You're exagerating quite a bit]
Maybe it looks like 1 of the better looking Dreamcast games,
But there's no reason for it to look remotely like a Dreamcast game, even if it is one of the better ones! The Wii is capable of SO much more!

And I don't think I was exagerating,

bg57fs4.jpgbg03vw9.jpg

Bandai/Namco and Tri-Crescendo should be aspiring to much higher things on the Wii! Sure the Wii isn't gonna be capable of Eternal Sonata visuals, but it can produce something artistically as impressive!

But there's no reason for it to look remotely like a Dreamcast game, even if it is one of the better ones! The Wii is capable of SO much more!

You're right about that, but well, let's see how it looks up close and personal when it's released. And even if it then still fails to impress visually (wel some people), I still have the feeling this 'll be my kind of game and I won't care in the end. I mean, I enjoyed Skies of Arcadia just as much on the GameCube ;).

I like what I see. Not the screenshot/texture resolution, since I rarely pay attention to that, but the setting and design.

This promises to be good. A Silent Hill/RPG hybrid? Made by Namco?

Quirky ideas with great potential and producers usually end up in something very good and memorable.

• 2 months later...

I think it looks pretty nice, compared to most Wii games that I have been quick to turn my nose up at. The artwork is pleasant on the eyes and whilst it doesn't boast 'realistic' blurring etc, it works for the style of game it's aiming for.

Fuck it, I don't care if the graphics suck, I want an RPG for the Wii that has good enough gameplay to carry it over the 9 mark.