Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

Iron Man 2 news...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/950/950590p1.html

Downey Stumps for Rourke

Iron Man wants fellow Oscar nominee to be in the sequel.

US, February 3, 2009 - Fans want Mickey Rourke to be in Iron Man 2. Robert Downey Jr. wants him to be in it, but Marvel Studios' purported lowball offer to the Wrestler star might preclude his involvement in the sequel.

Extra caught up with Downey during the Annual Oscar Nominee Luncheon, where he campaigned for his fellow nominee to play the villain in the Jon Favreau-directed sequel.

"I know that we've been talking about it a bunch," Downey told Extra. "As long as we can make it a really great role, then I would urge him to continue considering it. We'd love to have him and we'll see how it goes."

Iron Man 2 is slated to begin filming this April in Los Angeles.

UPDATE: MTV caught up with Downey who said the rumor that Rourke was up for the role of Crimson Dynamo was "incorrect." He was more coy, however, when asked if the role might be that of Whiplash. "I can neither confirm nor deny that," Downey said, adding, "Or maybe it's some semblance of both."

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/949/949542p1.html

No Black Widow for Blunt?

Scheduling conflict may cost her a role in Iron Man 2.

US, January 29, 2009 - There's a chance that Emily Blunt may not play The Black Widow in Iron Man 2 after all.

Variety reports that Blunt was offered the role of the comic book femme fatale but that Marvel may have to recast the part due to her contractual obligation to appear opposite Jack Black and Jason Segel in 20th Century Fox's Gulliver's Travels.

The trade explains that "Fox holds an option on the actress that was part of her deal when she co-starred in The Devil Wears Prada, and the studio may invoke it to see that she takes part in the giant tale."

There is a glimmer of hope, however. Variety says that, as of late Thursday, Fox and Blunt's camps "were feeling more optimistic that she could do both projects" and all involved are looking at ways to juggle the schedules so that Blunt can be in both films.

Gulliver's Travels reportedly begins shooting in the U.K. in late March, while Iron Man 2 will lens in southern California in early April.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christian Bale apologizes

“It’s been a miserable week for me. I know I have a pottymouth, everybody knows that now. I have no confusion whatsoever. I was out of order beyond belief, I was way out of order. I acted like a punk, I regret that and there is nodbody that has heard that tape that has been hit harder by it [than me]. I make no excuses for it, it is inexcusable and I hope that is absolutely clear.”

“One thing that has really disturbed me throughout this is I’m not familiar or comfortable with this notion of being a movie star. I’m an actor and I’m don’t quite know how to handle [the movie star thing]. The thing that disturbs me so much is that I’ve heard a lot of people saying that I seem to think I’m better than anybody else. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I’m a lucky SOB. I never forget that and that is why I put so much into what I do and I care so much about it . Sometimes that enthusiasm just goes awry.”

“I am embarrassed by it and I regret it. And I ask everybody to sit down and ask themselves, ‘Have they ever had a bad day and have they ever lost their temper and really regretted it immensely?’”

My respect for him as gone up a lot after that. Yeah, its the usual PR rescue move but it at least reads like it's something he came up with and not one of his people.

Christian Bale apologizes

“It’s been a miserable week for me. I know I have a pottymouth, everybody knows that now. I have no confusion whatsoever. I was out of order beyond belief, I was way out of order. I acted like a punk, I regret that and there is nodbody that has heard that tape that has been hit harder by it [than me]. I make no excuses for it, it is inexcusable and I hope that is absolutely clear.â€

“One thing that has really disturbed me throughout this is I’m not familiar or comfortable with this notion of being a movie star. I’m an actor and I’m don’t quite know how to handle [the movie star thing]. The thing that disturbs me so much is that I’ve heard a lot of people saying that I seem to think I’m better than anybody else. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I’m a lucky SOB. I never forget that and that is why I put so much into what I do and I care so much about it . Sometimes that enthusiasm just goes awry.â€

“I am embarrassed by it and I regret it. And I ask everybody to sit down and ask themselves, ‘Have they ever had a bad day and have they ever lost their temper and really regretted it immensely?’â€

My respect for him as gone up a lot after that. Yeah, its the usual PR rescue move but it at least reads like it's something he came up with and not one of his people.

Glad he said it in an honest fashion, but he puts his all into everything he does, so I wasn't taken aback by the rant in the first place.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/951/951866p1.html

Is Batman the New Harry Potter?

Warner CEO discusses franchise potential.

The Batman series will progress well beyond The Dark Knight, says to Warner Bros. CEO Jeff Bewkes.

According to a transcript from a top-level Time Warner meeting (posted on SilliconAlleyInsider.com), the studio sees the Bat-series as a franchise to one-day rival Harry Potter - which will end up with eight movie incarnations after the two Deathly Hallows movies.

He said: "Dark Knight was the second most profitable film in history - close to Titanic'. The obvious thing we're going to take from it is more Dark Knight. We look at Harry Potter, it's fantastic to have franchises that last that long. We want to do that with Batman and Superman and perhaps Sherlock Holmes."

It's not all about money though, with the critical success of the Batman movies also something Warner Bros. is keen to see more off.

"The sequels are as good, with new characters added, as were the originals," said Bewkes. "That wasn't the case in the years ago.

If that's the case then I hope Nolan and Bale walk away after 3 films, as Nolan's not even sure about a third!... though he must know he'll have to do one, and hopfully he'll close it as a trilogy in some way.

Because then I can lock that troligy away and love it for ever, and then let Warner Bros inevitably ruin the franchise by milking it forever more!

So old, it's been my background for the best part of six months. :heh:

:smile:

I forgot about the movie, but a random on some other forum had it as their sig/avvie, and I never knew there was another posted other than the one of her crouching.

No idea if it'll be a good film, but I love both Rose McGowan and Rodriguez, so I'll go see it.

If that's the case then I hope Nolan and Bale walk away after 3 films, as Nolan's not even sure about a third!... though he must know he'll have to do one, and hopfully he'll close it as a trilogy in some way.

Because then I can lock that troligy away and love it for ever, and then let Warner Bros inevitably ruin the franchise by milking it forever more!

By looking at the references The Dark Knight makes towards another film I think Nolan already has had something in mind when he was writing the script to the Dark Knight.

I put my points in spoiler in case someone still hasn't seen it yet.

Nolan made preparations to become canon with the third film. Rachel Dawes and Lucius Fox won't be in a third film as it seems. Batman will have to get a new car and the high tech batcave is under contruction in TDK

Arnold Schwarzenegger will be making a cameo in the highly anticipated Terminator Salvation, though not in the traditional sense.

During a preview of the film at this year's New York Comic-Con, director McG told a packed hall of sci-fi fans, “I don’t want today’s Arnold Schwarzenegger, I want the idealized, Griffith Park, Bill Paxton, tire-track-on-the-face archetype and we’ll see what we can do about that.”

No word as to how McG is planning on showing the earlier incarnations of Arnold, but speculation points to the heavy use of CGI graphics. The trick, McG explained, is to “figure out how to blur the line between a human character and a synthetic character to the point where you just can’t tell where one begins and one ends.”

Terminator Salvation opens nationwide on May 22nd.

Michael Bay talks Transformers2

Video Interview:

http://www.collider.com/entertainment/interviews/article.asp/aid/10866/tcid/1

Anyone a little worried the films gonna be too big?

You'd think this film was gonna focus on The Fallen given the title, but now it's got Devastator [and the contructicons] and maybe a returning Megatron aswell?

I hope it's not too overloaded!

Michael Bay talks Transformers2

Video Interview:

http://www.collider.com/entertainment/interviews/article.asp/aid/10866/tcid/1

Anyone a little worried the films gonna be too big?

You'd think this film was gonna focus on The Fallen given the title, but now it's got Devastator [and the contructicons] and maybe a returning Megatron aswell?

I hope it's not too overloaded!

In related news take a look at The Fallen and Devestator

tfbaynew1.jpg

tfbaynew2.jpg

Hmm, not sure what to make of The Fallen, very fragile and spindely looking!

Actually, I quite like him! He looks quite Pharaoh like in design; Egypt connection?

Devastators ok'ish, but again not sure, looks more beast like than robot. I know Bay talked about Gorilla like upper strength, but to me he looks gorilla like in design aswell! Very different to what I imagined, which was more like the cartoon pics I've seen.

But hey, will have to wait and see them in the film.

Think I may give the next trailers a miss and just go straight into the film.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!