Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

TBF Hank Pym is hardly a "weedy" scientist. I always imagined him to be quite "superhero-y" looking/acting, at least relative to people like Bruce Banner (Hulk) or Reed Richards (Mr.Fantastic). I thought Fillion would fit quite well. Kinda oafish.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBF Hank Pym is hardly a "weedy" scientist. I always imagined him to be quite "superhero-y" looking/acting, at least relative to people like Bruce Banner (Hulk) or Reed Richards (Mr.Fantastic). I thought Fillion would fit quite well. Kinda oafish.

He's got a good backhand.

hank_pym_slap.jpg

Apparently there are talks/money-milking plans to possibly make a Sex and the City prequel film set during Carrie's teen years (urgh). Miley Cyrus has said she'd love to do it (and I'm sure The Mouse would love it too :p) but more amusingly:

SATC star Sarah Jessica Parker, however, has said that with new film technology, she could portray Carrie in a prequel.

Not with all the CGI in China love :p

“In a universe as vast as it is mysterious, a small but powerful force has existed for centuries. Protectors of peace and justice, they are called the Green Lantern Corps. A brotherhood of warriors sworn to keep intergalactic order, each Green Lantern wears a ring that grants him superpowers,” read the movie’s premise. “But when a new enemy called Parallax threatens to destroy the balance of power in the Universe, their fate and the fate of Earth lie in the hands of their newest recruit, the first human ever selected: Hal Jordan.”

The synopsis adds that Jordan must learn to wield his new powers in order to overcome the villain, suggesting that Mark Strong’s Sinestro may not be the Green Lantern’s archenemy until later in the series.

The Green Lantern, directed by Martin Campbell, is based off the character created by Martin Nodell and Bill Finger. The big screen version of the popular comics stars Ryan Reynolds, Peter Sarsgaard, Blake Lively, Mark Strong, Temuera Morrison and Tim Robbins. The Green Lantern flies into theaters everywhere on June 17th, 2011.

Quite the jump ahead for the first film.

Also the hammer looks like someone has added it with photoshop. It just looks really odd.

Also it's much smaller than I thought it would be. I was thinking massive sledgehammer type thing. My dad probably has a bigger hammer than that in the garden shed (then again it wasn't given to him by a god, as far as I know)

Batman 'news'...

http://uk.movies.ign.com

Nolan Knows How Batman 3 Ends... And he's not telling anyone.

"My brother is working on the screenplay," Nolan confirmed to Empire Magazine. He continued: "We came up with a story that we are very excited about. We particularly like where we are taking the characters and what the ending is... There are things for me to be very excited about in addressing the characters again."

No one knows what that ending will be, save for Team Nolan, but the director does say that the third chapter in his Batman saga will be "the finishing of a story rather than infinitely blowing up the balloon and expanding the story."

Nolan also said that he will soon start to turn his attention to making Batman 3 as great as it can be "fairly soon".

Nolan is not 100% confirmed for a return to the franchise as a director, but all signs point to Batman 3 having "A Film By Christopher Nolan" credit when it arrives in theatres July 20, 2012.

The Joker Will Not Return

Director Christopher Nolan has said that the Joker will not be returning in Batman 3 or any other subsequent bat-films as long as he's helming the franchise. From the latest issue of Empire Magazine:

"'No,' says Nolan emphatically and unhesitatingly. He resists elaborating simply because, quite understandably, he says, 'I just don't feel comfortable talking about it.'"

Batman 'news'...

Hopefully it'll end better than Batman taking the flak because people might "lose hope" bullshit.

Having a cutting edge is more "YES!" and the fact it's really big adds to it's greatness.

Yeah, they call it an axe.

50/50 aside, that just looks wrong for Thor.

I'd put some money on joker having a 'cameo' in the third movie, somewhat akin to his mention in teh first. He'll make an appearance via some newspaper headline or a mention on a scrollbar on a news report, grafitti on a billboard, etc, etc, you get the gist.

Seriously, I wonder what sort of odds I'd get for that...

File this under "Taken with grains of salt" until either Deadline.com (heh) or Sony Pictures confirms the rumor, but BleedingCool.com is reporting that they know who will play Spider-Man in the new movie reboot.

Billy Elliot himself, Jamie Bell, is rumored to be this close to putting on the Spidey suit in Marc Webb's new movie, according to the site.

BleedingCool claims that, in the last 24 hours, they have received various reports that Sony has locked on Bell for the Peter Parker role.

Bell (center) looks like he fits the new movie's Ultimate-inspired take,If this pans out, the Jumper star will add Spider-Man and Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson's Tintin to his collection of franchises that could potentially mint him money. Bell will play the lead role in new Tintin big-screen adventures.

Bell was recently named as one of several candidates on Sony's short-list to play the popular Marvel hero, whose new movie spins into theatres July 3, 2012.

We know you have some opinions, True Belivers. Fill the comments with 'em, starting...now!

Source - IGN.com

EDIT - cant post a link to the picture as apparantly i can only do that after 15 posts... what a crock!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!