N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the hype about Cloverfield.

Sounds rather... normal. Apart from that... what else? m0nz74z, w007!

And to who's saying that there hasn't been a good monster movie "in like... ever", I say this: know your history, man! There's countless great monster movies. Just a recent example of a fantastic monster movie:

The Host. A little korean jewel, this one. : peace:

So I caved in and read the plot to Cloverfield and looked at pictures of the monster. Exciting!

Where are they? Gimme.

I think I've got tickets to a screening of "Cloverfield" on the 27th. I'm intrigued, but I hated the trailer. I just want to know why so many well-regarded critics have been giving it good reviews. Looks quite gimmicky to me, but i'll hold out my judgement until i've seen it.

Cloverfield, i thought it was a bit dull and slow, not really my kind of movie, and the monster isnt all that impressive tbh.

The host, same, but i did watch the english dubbed version, and wen i was watching it i was concentrating more on the timing of the dubmore than the film lol, i need to see it in ints proper laungage with subtitles me thinks.

Perhaps they will also delay release for a short while as a sign of respect?

Knowing hollywood they'll rush it forward to cash in on his death. I know that sounds utterly pessamistic, but knowing hollywood it's bound to happen.

---

Startrek trailer looked...ok.