Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

but Sheffield is better :heh:

(seriously though- depends what you want to do. Either are pretty respectable and don't really compete on common ground)

Sheffield has the best journalism course in the country, but needs grades that I may *just* miss, depending on what comes up in my Sociology exam.

Plus, the don't offer places till feb, so I would be left waiting. That's my only concerns.

Question for all you intelligent folk. I want to get into Anglia Ruskin, and they do two similar courses, both of with I would enjoy. Would applying to both be a good idea?

I'm still thinking about whether to change De Monteford to Sheffield. I'm not sure...

Isn't it too late to change options after you've sent it all off?

Im probably wrong.

Anyways, my friend got has two interviews from De Monteford in January (applied for two courses there), it looks fairly good. But I remember you saying you were applying for journalism? Sheffield strikes me as a better uni for that type of course. My very vague knowledge is that De Montford is better for artsy subjects. Again though, im probably wrong.

Congrats on your first offer anywho, it's a good feeling :D

In my world, my illness has nearly cleared up. Just sore throat and being generally bunged up now, yays!

Oh and another friend got an offer for medicine :o Most impressive. He's worked hard, I must admit im slightly jealous...

Isn't it too late to change options after you've sent it all off?

Im probably wrong.

Anyways, my friend got has two interviews from De Monteford in January (applied for two courses there), it looks fairly good. But I remember you saying you were applying for journalism? Sheffield strikes me as a better uni for that type of course. My very vague knowledge is that De Montford is better for artsy subjects. Again though, im probably wrong.

Congrats on your first offer anywho, it's a good feeling :D

In my world, my illness has nearly cleared up. Just sore throat and being generally bunged up now, yays!

Oh and another friend got an offer for medicine :o Most impressive. He's worked hard, I must admit im slightly jealous...

You can change within fourteen days, as long as you haven't recieved an offer yet from said Uni. Hehe, thanks, it does feel rather good. I think I'm on a little bit of a high. I just didn't expect it, considering it was only sent on tuesday.

You're right, it's definitely a better Uni for it. It just means I would have to work extra hard (And I mean, no social life hard) to get it, when I'm not desperate to go there.

I may apply for another at the Anglia Ruskin Uni, I'm so desperate to go back to Cambridge - and if my mate gets into Cambridge Uni it would be even more awesome.

Cheers for the advice though. :)

Your illness just passed? Yay. Mines just coming :( - Have to be up at 7am tomorrow to catch a train, so I'm just crossing my fingers I can hold it off until sunday.

Got some stuff from town including a christmas tree which has been decorated. Wrapped presents and put them under it.

And photoshopped a star on my housemates nipples in a topless photo she has of her. Going to print it out, put it on a shirt and give it to her boyfriend for xmas.

Should really do some uni work.

so in other news: I hate my life!

I've just been put on a mandatory scheme with jobseekers to go on a 2 week course to 'work on my CV and apply for jobs'.

My CV is perfectly written, thanks

I already apply for jobs, ta.

I can't bare this much longer. I'm going mad. I'm surrounded by fucking morons who's lives revolve around tick boxes and the shapeless void between their ears. I can't deal with them- they don't work like humans.

fuck fuck fuck fuck. fuck them. fuck it all. I need a hug :(

You can get all the hugs you need right here, baby ;)

I'm sure j7 will be in here soon with his tails of blindess, and my eyes probably aren't as bad as his, but theyr'e worse than yours. I'm at about -6 in each eye, with my left eye being the worse of the two. I have to get stupidly expensive extra-specially-thinned lenses for my glasses otherwise they're like jam jar bottoms. Soooo nerdy.

Shit, these guys aren't worrying enough for me to break out the whines!

Haggis - I'm at sheffield at the moment. Great uni, you'd love it. My mate is doing journalism here and says it is a great course.

Ooo wow, thanks for the heads up. You probably won't know, but would you happen to know the grades he got on his three A2's to get in?

Is there a (decent) art college/school in Sheffield? I need another place to apply, and since N-Europe seems to revolve around it, It could be so funny going there.

Though the name reminds me of like sheep walking on hind legs, as though they were humans, having jobs and living in little houses. And the sky is always grey, but not even in the bad weather way. Also; a surprising lack of fields.

"Can I just say something. I'm so glad you don't have an Indian accent."

Oh....you're an open racist. Okay. That'll make me more inclined to help you. :blank:

You should have started putting one on. (which could be, itself, racist...)

Reminds me of yesterday we were watching a WW2 Popeye proganda cartoon ("You're a Sap, Mr. Jap" as it was delightfully called) and someone commented on the youtube video "this isn't racist, we were at war". Yes, we were so its kinda understandable in the one sense but doesn't mean its not racist.

Been up since 9 doing uni work. Exciting. Should finish off two of my assignments today though. Then I can start working on my third.

Also seem to have unintentionally offended a lecturer on facebook, oops.

last night I got....remarkably hammered. gARRY gREATIE's 21st occurred and featured copious quantities of free booze. lots of fun was had, though I lost my coat somewhere in the house and couldn't think to look properly. bit annoying as my keys were in it and i had to wake my parents up. oops.

looks like my day is a write off though. one of those deep, fatigue hangovers that simply have to be dealt with in a dressing gown

I share that hangover, Dan. From a different source, of course! It was the "christmas extravaganza" at the union, with "six" dance floors. The music was very schitzophrenic, but well mixed - but the last hour was laaaame. I'm really getting tired of listening to spice girls, backstreet boys, 5ive, b*witched, steps and robbie williams. I hate that these are the songs that the 90's are going to be remembered for, and that any retro club in the future will only be playing these 'hits'. I will have no choice but to be hip and groovy and up/down with teh kids (whichever is in fashion at the time).

Lots of flirtatious, bodacious people, a few familiar faces and a few twats from halls in the first year. Generic drunkards who seem to have recently had the epiphany that people doing different things with their lives is really, really awesome. Grown men using their buttocks for territorial purposes. Grown women who think it is attractive to dance with a pint and spill it all over themselves/their friends.

But before all that, of course, was a stupidmuthafuckin' hour-long queue in the nipple-exploding cold. After the club there was a shitload of rain and a minor slip in the mud. I guess today I will be washing my clothes.

Ooo wow, thanks for the heads up. You probably won't know, but would you happen to know the grades he got on his three A2's to get in?

AAB or ABB, can't quite remember.

Is there a (decent) art college/school in Sheffield? I need another place to apply, and since N-Europe seems to revolve around it, It could be so funny going there.

Not quite sure about this one. I know they have a great architecture department (kind of similar isn't it)?

^ lol. Sheffield architecture department is nothing startling. When I was originally looking to do it, I had a look at Sheffield and was instantly put off. They have the cheek to ask for three A's at A Level and yet not even Newcastle or Cambridge look for that, and those are the two best Unis for architecture. Sheffield is way down on the peaking order. Seemed like they were purposely trying to turn people away with the qualifications they wanted.

Anyways, not done much today. Just come back from a little outing to the shops. Wasn't very productive as I couldn't get hold of stuff I wanted but bought myself the Dark Knight dvd for a tenner so that'll give me something to watch.