Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I ordered mine from playtrade, but it hasnt arrived yet, boo. Also I downloaded slither, possibly legally, nah probably, and I haven't watched it yet. I need to do that, I want to get involved in the club!

I booked monday and tuesday off work, woooo, it's been lovely. Tomorrow I shall brave my christmas shopping, and then later on go laser questing apparently.

Ahhh, I totally didn't buy either(though I'm deleting Slither, so can I pretend I watched it on TV?). I went and got Do Androids... from this crazy place full of books from the 90s that they apparently call a library, mental. It was actually quite mental, it's like...5-10min away from me but I ain't been there for aaaaaaaages and now it's like....completely different, which is WEIRD, cos it was like...a massively staple part of my childhood, somehow. Man, I miss the library. It's like, you know you're getting old when your local swing park changes, not that my library was a swing park, though maybe...just maybe. But yeah, swing parks and libraries, life eh!

Ahhh, I totally didn't buy either(though I'm deleting Slither, so can I pretend I watched it on TV?). I went and got Do Androids... from this crazy place full of books from the 90s that they apparently call a library, mental. It was actually quite mental, it's like...5-10min away from me but I ain't been there for aaaaaaaages and now it's like....completely different, which is WEIRD, cos it was like...a massively staple part of my childhood, somehow. Man, I miss the library. It's like, you know you're getting old when your local swing park changes, not that my library was a swing park, though maybe...just maybe. But yeah, swing parks and libraries, life eh!

haha that did make me laugh :) Do you know it didn't even cross my mind to go to the library, how ridiculous is that?! luckily mine cos £3 or something so its all good! About the swing park, I'm sure the last time I went to the 'rec' as we call it, there was a bunch of scallies throwing stones at people. I've never ventured that way since, tis a shame.

I booked my flight to Oxford for Sunday.

I ended up paying for the ticket myself, because my parents were being anal about the whole affair, and it's just easier in life if you do things independantly.

I've not got anything booked for the return-trip, and I plan on just like bus-hopping back. It should be quite an adventure, and might involve sleeping rough, but it could be a laugh. And if worst comes to worst I'll just whore myself.

I ended up paying for the ticket myself, because my parents were being anal about the whole affair, and it's just easier in life if you do things independantly.

I've not got anything booked for the return-trip, and I plan on just like bus-hopping back. It should be quite an adventure, and might involve sleeping rough, but it could be a laugh. And if worst comes to worst I'll just whore myself.

I don't understand your life choices. Surely your parents would just pay for it if they knew you had no way back?

Or...you could...just buy a ticket..back....

:indeed:

haha that did make me laugh :) Do you know it didn't even cross my mind to go to the library, how ridiculous is that?! luckily mine cos £3 or something so its all good! About the swing park, I'm sure the last time I went to the 'rec' as we call it, there was a bunch of scallies throwing stones at people. I've never ventured that way since, tis a shame.

Haha, not at all? I was only half joking, but that's absolutely hilarious! I'm in two minds if it's the sort of book I'd like to actually own, though for £3 you can't go too wrong, I imagine.

My local swing park, well, you can't even call them swing parks anymore! There's my local, and my kind-of-but-not-quite-so-local which is about 20-25minutes walk away at a brisk pace, but another big part of my childhood(and sixth form, we used to walk through on the way home and go on the swings lol). On the whole, most similar places are always full of chavs(or scallies, if you prefer, I presume them the same thing) once the sun decides it's going to do down soon, but I think that's just south east london's charming way.

But anyway, neither of them are really swing parks anymore! There's no swings!! It's like, there's just loads of shit that's all just about speed, they're little more than SPEED PARKS. Just things that go round in circles, or go really fast, or go round in circles really fast. I can't believe they sacrificed swings for that shit, and that kids actually don't have swings anymore, I think it's the clear root of the current evil shits that are society's kids, too much XTREEEEEEME spinny fast things, they just ain't happy with swings anymore. I blame video games. Though they're actually quite fun places, there's no need to REPLACE SWINGS. Disgraceful what's happening to this country, tbh. I blame terrorism. Video game terrorism, that's what I blame...or maybe terrorist video games, I'm not even sure anymore. Maybe I should sleep. Sleep is good. I like sleep.

Accidentally went to sleep at about... i havenoideawhattime until 1:30am. Grave of the Fireflies is on but I missed the first 20 mins and don't want to ruin it, so gonna finish Banko instead.

Been having lots of dreams set in my back garden in brighton recently. Big summer party with people chilled out, drinking, playing with a plastic football, making paper hats and carving stones. I totally need to throw a party like that.

As much as I co-exist with you, you don't really speak on behalf of the forum. Nobody has once told you to bugger off and join a transexual forum, so maybe you should be just as tolerant as others are.

Just think that was pretty out of order. Ashley's a long time member, and a staff member, so he should at the very least be treated with some degree of respect.

I agree. But I doubt Rok will notice any of the replies.

Meh, did work before at uni, left my memory stick there. Means I have to get up at 8 and march to uni to grab it before lessons start. I hope it's still there! It's no biggie if it isn't, but I'd quite like it back anyway.

Tired, done about a 1/4 of my essay, with two quotations on it, so not bad really. Still can't get my head around the question, but I'm going to get it finished thursday and get somebody to read it for me!

Not even tired...continously hungry and I miss two people alot. Two more if you include my parents.

I'm really starting to hate this place.

I can help with your essay if you like? Is it the con.. context one?

Spent 8 hours on a really tiny cramped Bus. The buses in South America >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> buses in New Zealand. Fuck even the Greyhound in the States was better. Already don't like Wellington, could just be being moody because of he bus ride though.

I can help with your essay if you like? Is it the con.. context one?

Yes and no. Technically it's still the same essay issued, but she gave us more questions to pick from.

''In what ways can a digital game be constructed and experinced as a virtual world?"

It should be really easy for me to write about...considering I did a whole wiki and presentation on virtual worlds. But it's getting the references from the reading pack we were given and trying to understand how a game becomes a world.

Best example I have is world of warcraft unfortunetly. Starting to get sick about writing it.

Epic post. Yeah Libraries are so....kiddish. I used to mess about a bit in my previous old library (ReZ...mess about?!) yeah. Think we got banned, but still went back. Opening books to pictures of boobies and stuff.

Culture innit.

Come see me, we'll go get drunk.

If you do have an epic journey back, then you should definitely film it. I'm all about the filming of things.

Haha, not at all? I was only half joking, but that's absolutely hilarious! I'm in two minds if it's the sort of book I'd like to actually own, though for £3 you can't go too wrong, I imagine.

My local swing park, well, you can't even call them swing parks anymore! There's my local, and my kind-of-but-not-quite-so-local which is about 20-25minutes walk away at a brisk pace, but another big part of my childhood(and sixth form, we used to walk through on the way home and go on the swings lol). On the whole, most similar places are always full of chavs(or scallies, if you prefer, I presume them the same thing) once the sun decides it's going to do down soon, but I think that's just south east london's charming way.

But anyway, neither of them are really swing parks anymore! There's no swings!! It's like, there's just loads of shit that's all just about speed, they're little more than SPEED PARKS. Just things that go round in circles, or go really fast, or go round in circles really fast. I can't believe they sacrificed swings for that shit, and that kids actually don't have swings anymore, I think it's the clear root of the current evil shits that are society's kids, too much XTREEEEEEME spinny fast things, they just ain't happy with swings anymore. I blame video games. Though they're actually quite fun places, there's no need to REPLACE SWINGS. Disgraceful what's happening to this country, tbh. I blame terrorism. Video game terrorism, that's what I blame...or maybe terrorist video games, I'm not even sure anymore. Maybe I should sleep. Sleep is good. I like sleep.

So true. To be fair though some of the stuff looks amazing. Theres this park (near Esso, towards Stocklake, peeps) that was recently re-done like a month ago or so...and OH EM GEE. Seriously I really want to go there....in fact....omg...this could be a viable option soon, anyway it looks so cool. Loads of cool things that spin, and its oraaaange and silver and looks modern and looks really fun. Practically a theme park. Kids these days have it good.

Apart from all the....pedos eh.

Oh god, I woke up at 8:30am because Letty's alarm didn't go off.

No time for shower, had to rush to get dressed and out the door. Still managed to get to work early... and there's practically no work to be done.

In other news: w00 phone line tomorrow, for sure, defo, loldongs. So, internet some time shortly after that.

So far today has been a pretty bleh day actually. Just suddenly lost all interest in illustration (which I know is temporary thing but still). Just don't feel like doing any drawings anymore at the moment, though sadly I have to finish a ton for next week. Bleh.

Thinking about skipping my 3 hour Art History class because I'm just not feeling up to it. But it's snowing like craaaaazy outside and I forgot my umbrella. Merf.

I'm off until Friday, when I have an exam, so I'm going to use this time to relax and catch my breath before sitting down to study later in the week. Don't intend to do much at all. Nice getting a little break. So to fill in the time, I'm listening to the Beyond Good and Evil soundtrack, and I'll probably boot the game up later for some reminising before continuing my little RetroSpective article thing. (So obvious what it's about now but hey ho. :heh:)

In yo faces, essaydoers! Had my hectic month, i can start to feel SANE again! Brief note; check the playground, I'm running an xmas special BISH. Signerup if you please.

nightwolf; is that question asking about how a player can alter the environment of a game world directly, then?

Dom; that nations question is excellent. My ex had a similar one about 'countries' for her geog. course. for 1,500 you shouldn't have too much problem -- with the philosophical side, anyway. What unites a bunch of people to stand under the same flag? Language, land, what? Wish I had an essay like that.