Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

My grandma just died... She was 85, but she acted so much younger, always moving around, talking, going shopping, very smart, teaching, reading, doing crosswords, suddenly she got pancreatic cancer and as soon as the doctors told her what it was, she changed completely. She was a great person and lead a great and full life. I'll miss her.

My grandma just died... She was 85, but she acted so much younger, always moving around, talking, going shopping, very smart, teaching, reading, doing crosswords, suddenly she got pancreatic cancer and as soon as the doctors told her what it was, she changed completely. She was a great person and lead a great and full life. I'll miss her.

Really sorry to hear that mate

What did you do at uni? I get a feeling I read it somewhere else before, but I can't remember where and it's a rather big board :(

I can't rememeber if I've said it actually so no worries at all :) I did Geography (BSc). I've heard all the colouring in jokes before so don't even bother! :heh: I managed to do some cool things though, 2 week field trip to New York for example...wooop. I didn't like alot of my degree to be fair but there were topics that I absolutely loved, for example Quaternary environmental change was fascinating. Ended up doing my dissertation on something related...glaciers. I love a bit of ice. And I'm done.

^^Sorry to hear that hellfire *hug*.

Got a friend from uni coming round to stay at mine for the night, she did want to see Reflex but apparently lacks pr0 monies. But she's desperate to see me [and probably the Shabba'nator] and has no problems watching me work [and probably her getting pissed] at the pub quiz tonight. To make up for my slow drinking while I'm working I'm indulging in a few cans now.

Sorry to hear that man. My Granddad passed last year it's not easy.

Mr Muscle adverts have been imported from europe for years, just they've been silent besides a voice-over.

I semi disagree! The one with the skinny lad [who is a teacher apparently] I think he was English. I tried finding out, but I couldn't find anything. If I'm wrong it's because I semi disagreed ¬_¬

I've just seen one of the Confused.com ads in the pub, the bloke who says in wonder "confuuused dot com...", absolute bell end. You can understand why he's only got a half pint. Fucking ponce.

I can't rememeber if I've said it actually so no worries at all :) I did Geography (BSc). I've heard all the colouring in jokes before so don't even bother! :heh: I managed to do some cool things though, 2 week field trip to New York for example...wooop. I didn't like alot of my degree to be fair but there were topics that I absolutely loved, for example Quaternary environmental change was fascinating. Ended up doing my dissertation on something related...glaciers. I love a bit of ice. And I'm done.

^^Sorry to hear that hellfire *hug*.

As my Geography teacher said; It's not colouring in, it's polychromatic rendering.

i have friends doing fashion at uni. in second year there was the general "god i have so much work!" topic. these ranged from my 2 2000 word essays this week, a mate who was working in bradford, fixing old people's feet all day, a guy needing to use CAD to make an engine design, one guy having to work out the electronics for a speaker system. then said girl throws in "ME TOO! i've got so much work!" "what you got?" we ask "colouring in!" she replies.

university, apparently i could of done it in infant school.

Really sorry to hear that mate :( Hope you and the family are all ok. it really hurts to lose someone close to you..awful feeling.

Reminds me of when I used to volunteer at my local hospice. Was a really weird experience talking to patients as if everything was just dandy but to know that they probably wouldn't be there in a couple of days. Hard to take.

Having just watched le news, -20 respect points for David Cameron (I would take off more, but 'negative respect' doesn't sound right). He's decided the best way to treat the death of a 17 month old boy as, well, a way of misleading people over the government and its actions. I find it frankly revolting.

He used the "shout at PM" card - see the video on the Beeb's website.

He used the "government doesn't employ enough social workers" card, which is stupid - there aren't enough to go around.

He, last of all, used the "outright lie" card, and said that there was no inquest taking place at all, which struck me as a little odd, as there is one - one of my father's oldest friends (a senior social worker) is one of several being asked to assess what actually should have happened.

Now, this would be a normal day at work for a politician, but to twist a negligence/abuse/murder case into a simple political tool so heartlessly just lost what small part of me considered voting Conservative.

Anyway, rant over, sorry about that, I've been doing a lab report and it's one of those annoying bits of work that is really easy but just takes ages. As I was in a foul mood, seeing said story really pissed me off. Smarmy git.

Actually, I just realised - I have Latin & Ballroom tonight, woo!

Sorry to hear that matey, but 85 is by no means a bad innings, and I can only hope to be as active as she is at 50.

sorry to heard about your lost :sad:

So sorry to hear about this Hellfire. It's always so very difficult to say goodbye to a loved one. Sounds like she had a great life though, that's something nice to remember her by. =)

Take care.

*hugs*

Today was good, was pretty much laughing all day, if it weren't for the awesome people at work I don't think I could do it. Now I am not laughing, I'm going to kill this computer. All I want to do is transfer files from my phone to it, and between windows ViSHITta and samsung it just won't happen. *breathes deeply*.

Today was good, was pretty much laughing all day, if it weren't for the awesome people at work I don't think I could do it. Now I am not laughing, I'm going to kill this computer. All I want to do is transfer files from my phone to it, and between windows ViSHITta and samsung it just won't happen. *breathes deeply*.

If you've got a microSD, transfer the files to that and set the phone as a mass storage device in the settings. It will treat it like a normal memory card.