Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Went to Rotherham tonight! Saw a play/thing called "Miss Sarajevo"; a show which attempted to highlight how severe the whole bombing shizzle was -- with juggling, mime and acrobalance interspersed. Despite a lot of confusion regarding who was playing who (the main three guys couldn't juggle, so another three guys pretended to be them for the juggling bits), it was a fairly worth-while trip, again despite going with a-guy-I-know-but-never-know-what-to-say-to-him. Another friend who performed drove us back to sheffield, where we had a couple of pints.

Now I'm a bit pissed, attempting to watch Heroes s03e07 before I finish writing up the minutes to my jugglesock meeting. Uni tomorrow buuut not sure if I'll go. I get the feeling there's a deadline sneaking up on me, too.

Nice and boring, yo!

Went to bed over an hour ago and can't sleep. My eye is in pain. Feels like something dislodged in there but I've tried everything I can to sort it out. Looking online and it all seems to point to conjunctivitus, which I seriously doubt as I was having a mundane night, can't see why that would suddenly spring up.

No weeling. Dunno about eye movement...I never consider them to move that far. At the moment...dunno middle? Or the top middle. Feels like the eye itself. It looks fine in the mirror. Just feels like I have a thorn stuck in there. Reading stuff online and it says do not rub so I wont (now) but urgh tempting. Going to try washing it out again.

Actually it may be the inside of the top eyelid, it does seem to...feel when I blink. Washed it out a few times but the discomfort is still there. Going to try and go to bed and hope I sleep (and don't wake up blind in one eye :p) or if I don't sleep (as im not good at it anyway) skip the 9am seminar and go to an opticians.

Yeha it sounds like inner eyelid stuff, which matches conjunctivitis. Swelling can be caused by a number of things including -- ho ho, you guessed it -- stress. You can get eyedrops to help with it, but if it is that condition then it'll never go away permanently.

It could be a sty or a similar eye infection. Easiest way to tell will be whether there is excess eye-gunk in the mornings. If it feels like it's scratching you're eyeball then it's usually a foreign object lodged, but if it's just itching then it's usually the fleshy bits of your eye -- the muscles either side or the lids, because the eyeball itself doesn't really feel anything much. It can also be to do with swollen capillaries, or even eyelash infections... As I say, appearance is important. If it looks like you've got a bit of a squint going, and if the lid itself is red then it'll be clear that conjunctivitis is a likely cause.

Personally I would say it's very much worth skipping a lecture to get it diagnosed properly. Eyes are mucho precious -- but also very resiliant! Good luck with it all. Drop me a text when you know more!

As a side-note; I remember after my eye surgery, sometimes I'd wake up and I'd have so much eye-gunk that it was literally impossible to open my eyes without bathing the lids in warm water to dissolve the gunk first. Mmmm!

That does sound pretty awful :/

Well my eye settled a bit. Theres a mild discomfort (or more, I can feel something) but its okay for now. I was thinking about it last night and when I was looking in the mirror I can remember seeing a small spot just on the edge of my eyelid. It looks like a normal spot just in an unfortunate place. I'll go to the seminar (need to ask about 100 questions regarding our assignment anyway) and then to an optician.

cheers for your help jayseven :)

lol at the seminar. discussing rocky horror and fandom and such things and concluded that I have no meaning. With the break down of traditional moral-centres such as family, religion and state (none of which I feel particularly toward) he suggested one has to find a moral centre elsewhere and I don't have one. I like stuff, but I don't engage. I don't queue up to buy games (as I seldom buy them anyway), I don't go to conventions and stuff like that. It is, granted, somewhere between audience theory and personal conjecture on his behalf but its nice to be told first thing in the morning you have no meaning, particularly when you've been feeling like that anyway...

Finally came to a decision this morning. Reluctantly, I will not be attending my graduation as I feel that the time would be better spent with me at college, especially for my biology lecture as it's starting to kick my ass with how complicated it is. It's a shame but not much I can do as I have a lab practical on the day and a compulsory english tutorial so there's no way in which I could make it. I'll still get my certificate, just through the mail that's all. Didn't even bother askign my parents about it. I knew what they'd say so I just left it.

Now to squander the rest of the morning watching How I met Your Mother (I'm catching up. nearly finished the 3rd season) and perhaps either some Guitar Hero or Pikmin 2 action (Pikmin 2 is great. I had 65 red pikmin commit suicide in one of the caves with the big worm thing that rolls about. Every single on got squashed as I tried to recall them.)

As a side-note; I remember after my eye surgery, sometimes I'd wake up and I'd have so much eye-gunk that it was literally impossible to open my eyes without bathing the lids in warm water to dissolve the gunk first. Mmmm!

Don't blame the surgery, it was the crack. Wasn't it?:blank:

Went Open Day'ing with a friend from school, to Glasgow College Of Art. It's...ok. I dunno. It's hard to imagine yourself being there, if you aren't, I guess.

Plus they don't do a general Fine Art course, which blows.

It's Edinburgh tomorrow, which will probs come across better...problem is that I want to move away from home (and the city, just for the experience, despite Edinburgh being my fave place in the UK).

Once again i didn't do very much today. I have been sorting out my costume for tomorrow night, i'm going to be a zombie. I watched 28 weeks later for some inspiration and i decided i need a shirt with a hell of alot of blood on, so that's what i've been doing just now. My shirt looks good, only problem is the red food colouring has made my fingers all red, it's like something from Macbeth with all the hand scrubbing.

Went Open Day'ing with a friend from school, to Glasgow College Of Art. It's...ok. I dunno. It's hard to imagine yourself being there, if you aren't, I guess.

Plus they don't do a general Fine Art course, which blows.

It's Edinburgh tomorrow, which will probs come across better...problem is that I want to move away from home (and the city, just for the experience, despite Edinburgh being my fave place in the UK).

Some of my friends from my course have gone on a trip to look at the uni's :(

I really would have liked to go, but you know, money and stuff...

Also, Glasgow doesn't do a general fine arts course!?

Hmm...

Getting the keys to my flat tomorrow, pretty excited. Hopefully i get paid tomorrow as i'm confirming my order with Ikea for my furnature... which i need money for (only have £1600 right now, need money for this place badly).

Yeha it sounds like inner eyelid stuff, which matches conjunctivitis. Swelling can be caused by a number of things including -- ho ho, you guessed it -- stress. You can get eyedrops to help with it, but if it is that condition then it'll never go away permanently.

It could be a sty or a similar eye infection. Easiest way to tell will be whether there is excess eye-gunk in the mornings. If it feels like it's scratching you're eyeball then it's usually a foreign object lodged, but if it's just itching then it's usually the fleshy bits of your eye -- the muscles either side or the lids, because the eyeball itself doesn't really feel anything much. It can also be to do with swollen capillaries, or even eyelash infections... As I say, appearance is important. If it looks like you've got a bit of a squint going, and if the lid itself is red then it'll be clear that conjunctivitis is a likely cause.

Personally I would say it's very much worth skipping a lecture to get it diagnosed properly. Eyes are mucho precious -- but also very resiliant! Good luck with it all. Drop me a text when you know more!

I didn't know about the squint part!

Conjunctivitis is unbelievable fail. I got it once when I was about 11ish. My eyes were so full of gunk I couldn't open my eyelids at all. Got meds that turned my entire eyeball bloodshot... That was really unpleasant.

Ever since I've been plagued with dry/sensitive/swollen/sore eyes. :blank:

None of my opticians/doctors/therapists diagnosed the cause of it for a very long time.

---

Today I was at the dermy clinic. They were amazed at my progress (yey) and all the nurses had to come have a look at my skin, and they even got my dermy to look! Its a new treatment, and I suppose they'd never seen anyone react so well so quickly! :D

The arthritis isn't getting any better, but its manageable. My arms are no longer going numb, or getting trapped nerves in my elbow.

I are happy happy happy ^___^

I didn't know about the squint part!

Conjunctivitis is unbelievable fail. I got it once when I was about 11ish. My eyes were so full of gunk I couldn't open my eyelids at all. Got meds that turned my entire eyeball bloodshot... That was really unpleasant.

I have allergic conjunctivitus and blepharitis as permanent conditions (although the allergic conjunct. may go in a few years time if I'm lucky!). Try suffering from it more or less every single day! A day without some form of eye drops is like a day without air for me. Have had the buggering problems since I was 13.

Yes I know, boohoo, but was just putting things into perspective - you guys are very lucky! I'll probably be blind in a few years!

I have allergic conjunctivitus and blepharitis as permanent conditions (although the allergic conjunct. may go in a few years time if I'm lucky!). Try suffering from it more or less every single day! A day without some form of eye drops is like a day without air for me. Have had the buggering problems since I was 13.

Yes I know, boohoo, but was just putting things into perspective - you guys are very lucky! I'll probably be blind in a few years!

That sucks :(

I've got inflammed blood from my psoriatic arthritis, which causes a lot of discomfort, but yeah I probably won't go blind. So fair do's on that part..

Eyesight isn't my only problem, its one of the lesser side effects added onto a ton I already have. (arthritis, inflammed skin, weak immune system, extreme fatigue, and not forgetting the risk of pumping yourself with medication)

Congrats to you, coolness. £7 an hour is always excellent! I've known a fair few people who have worked at M&S, and it's good if the people you know there are good... But either way, you're lucky you're getting so much at such a young age. Enjoy it.

Thank you. :) I couldn't even believe Marks and Spencer's were looking for places! The people seem nice thus far.

It almost fell through yesterday but we managed to get through the required paperwork and such.

So today was my first day of training! It was pretty fun, though a long day. The till seems so confusing at the moment. >___< So much information was thrown at me today I could not take it all in.

Got my uniform as well. I like it, it looks nice. I liked the way my hair looked today as well for some reason. Didn't really do anything different.

Best part of the day was Lunchtime though as I had a Chicken Wrap which was delicious, actually maybe dinner as I just had Yorkshire Puddings! :D

You know I thought having a housemate would mean I would have company but then I remembered that having a housemate in a relationship means you don't. And I can tell they're not having sex (as I'd hear). But ah well. Only a concern because I am doing an assignment and bored. Its all good.

So umm yeah. Rest of the day wondering around town hopelessly looking for a birthday present for my mom. Now watching Toy Story 2 while not doing an assignment.

I'm packing your angry eyes, just incase.

Been at uni from 12 til 8:30 today, I'm so tired, but I've still got more work to do before I finish for the day.

Got one more character to draw and scan and abit more paperwork. Then when that's done I can eat and sleep.

I'll more than likely be in uni early tomorrow, more than likely 9pm whereever I can find a space so I can tweak a few things I've noticed with my characters, maybe colour 2/4 of them in and the evil witch I'm drawing now just for fun.

I swear I best get some nice marks for this haha, I know I won't but at least I know I've done alot of work for it.

Oh well time to get started.