Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Guest bluey
How....is that even possible? Lol.

the bit where i clipped my earring TO my ear instead of IN my ear or the bit about it staying there for all that time...?

i can answer both: (1) because i am THAT stupid (^__^) and (2) it's a fantastical MYSTERY!!! :yay:

i was so chuffed on the train and i told all my students about it today as my little "opening anecdote" for my lessons... they were all suitably amazed/pretended to be.

My day involved a really, really, good geography exam, and then I came home to find the following BBC News page.

David Davis is resigning, one of Morgan Tsvangirai's high-ranking party allies is being charged with treason, Guantanamo inmates are to finally get their basic human rights respected, and the fate of the EU is in the hands of the Irish public.

So, good, awful, awesome, and crucial...

Last two GCSEs ever today.

French Reading: Amazingly relieved with its simplicity following a harrowng Listening exam.

Geography: Solid, but not really hard. Glad I went to revision earlier, as my teacher drilled into our minds vital case studies that we needed. I wish all exams were on this level: doable, but not too easy. Felt proud of myslef afterwards.

Yep. Chemistry is perhaps the only blip on an otherwise fair 3 weeks of exams.

last 3 days I've woken up at 17:30, 15:30 and 16:00. Not good as I've kinda intended to go pick up a result from uni but the office closes at 4, so I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Today we are going to be making MASKS for a mask party tomorrow. I have decided to go for the "so bad it's good" approach and fumble together a few masks from paper plates, and even try and swap them around through the night (tomorrow, that is).

Anyone know how to make a mask, or any suggestions? I was thinking of initially going as a t-shirt ninja too.

Awesome day. College was mighty fun and then I went for a hot chocolate with a couple of mates after which was a good laugh. The hot chocolate tasted so good! Literally sex in a cup. :D

Finally sorted out things with that girl, and she's hanging around with us again. The one that said all that crap is still off somewhere else so everythings good.

last 3 days I've woken up at 17:30, 15:30 and 16:00. Not good as I've kinda intended to go pick up a result from uni but the office closes at 4, so I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Today we are going to be making MASKS for a mask party tomorrow. I have decided to go for the "so bad it's good" approach and fumble together a few masks from paper plates, and even try and swap them around through the night (tomorrow, that is).

Anyone know how to make a mask, or any suggestions? I was thinking of initially going as a t-shirt ninja too.

You can buy mask templates from most art shops or stationary places, then draw on the design then paint/glue etc :)

I'd say if you want to be a ninja cut the design so it's just near your eyes :awesome:

My day was win! ^____________^

Just fun! (and pointless.)

I barely had any lessons. History was boring but no teacher turned up to the other lessons. A2 looks really important now. :heh:

After that was game which was just pure FUN It was like Year 9 all over again. I was made to play football but it was with all the people who really can't kick a ball (including me)

It was great. I love the people who take it seriously and think they are actually any good. :heh:

Halfway through I decided to switch teams with out changing the Bib thing for the other team) and became the other teams goal keeper and when the ball came near me i just WHACKED IT!!!! :grin:

In the end I gave up and most of us were just having a massive chat in the middle of the astro turf because no one cared for the game or wanted to be there. So irrelevant.

Then I had councilling training sessions which were hilarious. I spent most of my time munching on the biscuits in the corner. Then we had to do this exercise where we pretended to be bad coucillors and I made the person talking to me very uncomfortable as I was giving all this terrible advice. :)

GOOD DAY! :D now I'm exhausted as I talked too much >_____<

Also Don't have to do the cover for the creative writing magazine! Someone else did it who is much better than me and it looks ACE!!! :yay:

You can buy mask templates from most art shops or stationary places, then draw on the design then paint/glue etc :)

I'd say if you want to be a ninja cut the design so it's just near your eyes :awesome:

I might well do something like that :) MY flatmate is cutting up her red top to make some Turtle-like ninja masks similar to how you say to do it.

Just watched all of FLCL, which was pretty neat. Got a snippet of sig inspiration.

But what now? Watch the footie, play GTA4, drink some cider, gather maskable items!

Work work work (finally got meself a job) and during my job mowing lawns with a bunch of other folk we started a water war between us and another group of people working at the same place which will hopefully last trough the summer.

My day has been good.

It was Biology Field work day, so i was up in and around sheffield paddling through the streams armed with a net and tray. It was quite good, we went to 3 different rivers and had a mini competition of stone skimming with the teachers, grabbed a water sample and listed the species of water insects we found. Then on the way back stopped at McDonalds. Tomorrow is another trip, to a canal this time.

Also my MGS4 arrived and it's amazing :D

Guest Stefkov

Woke up at midday. Watched TV and played MGS4 for an hour. Went to work, then to grandparents. Came home and played more MGS4.

Now I'm here stalling time to start the next MGS4 act.

I spent a large part of today in the library looking through university prospecti (prospectuses?), because my form teacher has fucked me up so much that he has had to contact the universities I plan to apply to and ask if it's ok that I apply with only two A-Levels. Since the timetable is so fucked up, the only other subject I could do at A-Level is French. I'm a shit linguist, and I probably would get a C, so it's a massive waste of my time.

Oxbridge have said that if I do Maths, F Maths, and get a S or 1 in STEP Maths (which I'll struggle to get) I should stand a fair chance of getting into the Maths course. So basically I have to ace maths next year, or I'll be stuck with 3 highers and 2 A-Levels - not enough to even get into a Scottish uni.

The upside is that my form teacher is helping me shitloads with applications and stuff.

Next week I have to organise a chess club to start next year at school, since I need more extra-ciricullar shit to go alongside my results. I've got work shadowing at an actuary's office (a friend of my mum's) lined up, so that's something I can add to my CV.

Also, does anyone know any good/interesting maths journals/magazines/sites?

Taken from my stupid thread about my job:

SUPER PISSED OFF NOW as I tried to pay my phone bill very late last night and got told by the site that the transaction had been declined. So I tried again. DECLINED. I get back from work, go to my local game store that was willing to sell me okami today, only to get DECLINED come up on the receipt which the store manager handily gave to me. I then look in my account to find that I have NO MONEY IN IT!

After spending an hour getting my telephone and internet banking in order, I find that, lo and behold, the phone bill payment was made TWICE! But for some reason, their systems have not updated. Super. Where is my money. God knows. And they can't refund me my money until it shows up on their systems. That's what i get for trusting the internet, and being happy for one damn day. God damn bad luck. I was born on friday the 13th and it really shows sometimes :mad:

I might well do something like that :) MY flatmate is cutting up her red top to make some Turtle-like ninja masks similar to how you say to do it.

Just watched all of FLCL, which was pretty neat. Got a snippet of sig inspiration.

But what now? Watch the footie, play GTA4, drink some cider, gather maskable items!

haha that sounds great! ninja turtles ftw! :)

I went out for a mad shebang family event thing, with some relatives that have just come over from England. (and the rest of the family ofc) All 30 of us :D Madness!

My uncle was there too (the one i mentioned previously that has cancer) and he is looking really unsteady and unwell. I asked him how he was and he said his stomach was very bad atm. He wasn't able to eat much, and he's not sleeping well. So its lookin' like bad news really. He hasn't even started chemo yet! :/