Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Guest bluey

i had a GREAT start to my day. twice. :blank:

then at work, there was a new member of the japanese staff and we got on really well! we exchanged phone numbers and emails and we're gunna go out for a drink sometime soon ^____^

i also met a new teacher, who gave me a book she'd just finished. i was like oh yay new friend + free book!

and to top it all off - it's a beautiful day here in tokyo!! my town smells of blooming flowers and that nice smell you get just after it's been raining....

(and turkish delight, for some reason O__o)

i had a GREAT start to my day. twice. :blank:

then at work, there was a new member of the japanese staff and we got on really well! we exchanged phone numbers and emails and we're gunna go out for a drink sometime soon ^____^

i also met a new teacher, who gave me a book she'd just finished. i was like oh yay new friend + free book!

and to top it all off - it's a beautiful day here in tokyo!! my town smells of blooming flowers and that nice smell you get just after it's been raining....

(and turkish delight, for some reason O__o)

Sounds greaet friends ftw! especially work related ones! makes the day go faster!

Lol it sounds like very adult friends stuff though :S

and I read the turkish delight comment when I was drinking orange juice..now I have to clean my table! *curses you* XD

Okay, so a few of us just had a magician perform to us. Some of them were good, some I saw how he did it...but some were ridiculous...like...Jesus magic.

One was the old goldfish out of a twenty pound note trick, into a glass...which was good...thought there was a fake finger at first, but the fish was massive.

Then the one that stunned me was he asked one of my colleagues what her favourite card was, she said 4 hearts...about half a second later, I saw him cut the deck by sleight of hand and the 4 hearts was on the bottom. (That wasnt the trick, I just noticed it. Insane. She wasnt in on it either, 100%.

Then he cut open a lime that he gave someone at the beginning and inside was the signed £20 note.

Epic crazy.

I am happy! I had my last exam yesterday, which went badly, then had lots of alcohol and watched spaced and the match... and now I have a wee bit of weed! Woot!

And there I was just yesterday telling my little brother by my age all my friends have stopped because it becomes blasé :p

Anywho. Slept (mostly. Damn garbage collection at 6am every weekday morning.) Tidied. Picked up Princess Mononoke from mailroom (and shall watch later). Popped into town for some bits. And said I'd help my friend with her assignment but can't find her. Today is going to be a nice laid back easy kinda day, which is always good.

relaxing day so far. y week off was supposed to be a week of organisation, but I'm so knackered from ATP at the weekend and Indiana Jones last night that I' failing miserably.

I was meant to go see a house this afternoon, but I have cancelled, I'm really put off by yesterday. I'm going with one I have already seen as I don;t want to househunt ever again.

Did a bit of research into Cruise Ship photography as an idea for a way to spend a year or two after uni. So far;

Pros: everything paid for, see the world

Cons: generally negative feedback about it from what I see.

I have money, I may just travel myself. Or TEFL like Bluey is doing. And bluey if you see this, would you mind (in your own time as Im sure I've asked you about four times before) sending me info about the programme you're doing? Thank you :D

And just got an email from my independent study advisor and he mentioned his son is an actor on Waterloo Road (as mine is about music on tv) so I IMDBed and he's in two episodes though. lol. I would though. Him (judging by surname).

My friend has some big drama and isn't coming in later so I'm pretty sure I am going to do sod all for the next like six hours. Win.

Guest bluey

pr.... ogramme? you might mean the JET programme? but i'm not doing any programme out here - nor have i done a TEFL.. the only qualifications i have are a degree in graphic design and illustration, and a 3rd level certificate in puppeteering :grin:

i work for ECC.

pr.... ogramme? you might mean the JET programme? but i'm not doing any programme out here - nor have i done a TEFL.. the only qualifications i have are a degree in graphic design and illustration, and a 3rd level certificate in puppeteering :grin:

i work for ECC.

Well yeah I meant just general details; how to get into it, training blah blah blah. And I just meant TEFL as literally teaching english as a foreign language, rather than the company. Any info would be much appreciated...although you said JET. I'll just look into that, you've done enough for me recently :) Thanks.

Guest bluey

clicky my signature ~ it takest thou to mah blog. where i have kept a reasonably boring diary of my entire application process with both NOVA and ECC. (please excuse the ramblage ~ i am but a girl ^_^)

Ashley, you might want to talk to my bro if you're interested in doing something like this. He's always going off abroad to teach English in various places. His username is Balfron here and you'll be able to contact him through there.

Sitting in my last Art History class of this year, and I'm feeling kind of ill. The sort of feeling I get from stress (pain in my neck and shoulders, which makes me feel uneasy and dizzy and eventually makes it hard for me to breahte).

Already skipped one class this morning to get a bit of extra rest, but so far it hasn't helped me much.

One more class tomorrow though, then classes are all done for this year!

(though let's not talk about handing in my assignments or studying for my exams...)

wow, apparently my mum is some kind of star!

She has just lent me £200 to help with the move, which really really takes alot of stress off my shoulders.

I'm off to the doctors now. I'm going to try and see if they can organise someone for me to speak to. Assuming I don't wuss out.

haha what an idiot. My day consists of good news and bad news, so let's start with the good.

I've been stressing for weeks thinking I wasn't going to get 68 points for uni, had a talk with roger and told him I was abit worried, sat me down and told me my double marked assignment was a merit, so I had 8 points and the assignment attatched to it would be a merit also so thats 4 points.

Which with all the rest of my marks makes filling in the gaps very very easy! so I'm going to go in tomorrow after sorting this piercing thing out and make sure everything's ok ^.^

Bad news is I didn't do very well on my other two assignments but they don't need to properly finished until june. So I'll hand those in tomorrow.

I also got abit teary after talking to a teacher because he wound me up so much, he's the kind of teacher who tells you some kind of gibberish and the you go talk to another and say wtf did he mean and they tell you there's no need and wonder wtf is going on.

Other than that I'm looking forward to abit of a relaxing weekend and sorting out tomorrow for good.

I've had a good day! I like the fact I have 11 days Until my final two exams. :)

Did a bit of History today! I really need to sort this one out otherwise I'm going to get a D.

The rest of the day I've been playing My WiiWare games which are really addictive! (especially Dr.Mario) and Mario Kart! :grin:

Whooo! Found out that we got 43/60 on a groupswork paper we did for Sociology (the one where people weren't sending me their parts and someone called someone else a bithc). It's the best grade out of all the groups too. =O

Sure it's only a small part of my actual grade for that class (we also get graded on the presentation and on our oral exam), but I didn't expect us to do so well (especially since a couple of groups got a grade below 30, ouch). ^____^

Now just to hope everything else goes fine and all my grades turn out like this. XD

Well my day was swimming along unremarkably as ever, that was until I received a text from a (very) old flame (who is, might I add, engaged at 16) declaring her love for me and asking me to sleep with her.

I did the safe bet and assumed it wasn't a joke. Told her it was unthinkable as she has a fiancée.

*insert Mark Corrigan voice*

Man, I am EXCELLENT under sensitive situations.

Happens to us all eventually. Hope you're one of the people whio gets it back in a week, and not a fucking month.

Going to Glasgow tomorrow to visit a friend. Should be good.

this is, sadly, the thing

my residence in Hull is coming to an end, and as such having it delivered here would be bad because I can't say I'll still be here. Likewise, I can't say take it to Sheffield before the 2nd week of next month untill I go home. Bah! fucking Bah!