Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

You're either talking about drinking at work, a threesome, loving two people or... bum sex. Go on, you might as well tell us which now.

Loving two people should hardly be a £50-er.

Ah, now that would be telling. Some of those, though, for sure. :p

Flink:
Broadcast Yourself
Audio
;)

Ahh, Snow Patrol is it? I didn't realise it was a song lyric, and I'm not too clued up on the band. I find them a bit sleep-worthy. :heh:

I knew Moogle had Aberystwyth in his location, and I just figured...yeah, you probably could just draw a straight line from there to Newport, haha.

I can't sleep, again. It's getting ridiculous now. Supposed to be doing essays tomorrow before having a friend over for the night, and yet my eyes refuse to stay shut. Instead I'm singing along to Jack Johnson and contemplating playing The Sims 3.

Eurgh.

Urgh man I felt awful today. I think the only way I could have even been the remotest bit comfortable would have been to strap myself to my chair and not move all day. My spine hurts so much and its so suddenly come on. I've not officially been diagnosed with Wikipedia reference-linkAnkylosing spondylitis (rather the more general term of psoriatic arthritis) but i've got every symptom in the book... Bamboo spine is a pretty accurate term. =(

URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH.

Awww my poor Moppy :(, you don't deserve all this pain :shakehead

Not having a job/money is really starting to get very depressing. Bit of a Catch 22. Nobody wants to employ me because I live a 40 minute drive from anywhere I could work. Far safer bet for an employer to go with someone who lives around the corner. The few interviewers I've met with have all practically said as much. If the weather's bad, my car breaks down etc, I'm not reliable. Buses are shite down here and I live nowhere near a bus route anyway. So I need to move out into a town/city. Which costs money. That I don't have. Because I can't get a job. etc...

Wank, I had a call by someone from Barclays who left a message, who gave me a number. I foolishly deleted the message after writing down the number. Which after trying to call it isn't being recognised.

I'm blaming this woman's accent, I had to listen to the message 3 times to fully understand her [or so I thought]

No experience = no job and no job = no experience.

It's really annoying that. Made worse because my CV had nothing from the two years where I was failing university. It wasn't until thought "our website looks crap" and noticed my CV (ripped up in his bin - he stapled it together for the job interview) and decided to hire me (It was quite a risk, as I never said that I built websites..I was applying for an office admin job).

So keep looking and applying for anything. Something will get through eventually. You don't be doing so badly with the getting interviews - I had two in around 9 months - so you're on the right track. It's just the case of someone who doesn't mind the distance finding you.

Edit: Also, my housemate will be appearing on Countdown soon.

Edited by Cube

The job experience issue is worse than ever with the recession. Because of the recession employers can't afford to take a chance with inexperienced candidates. But because of that less young people are getting employed which is not helping with the recession.

I concur with all that's been said, tis complete bullshit.

Wank, I had a call by someone from Barclays who left a message, who gave me a number. I foolishly deleted the message after writing down the number. Which after trying to call it isn't being recognised.

But according to my man on the inside it is right, just seems my mobile can't make long distance calls.

Speaking of, theres a job I need to apply for.

Woke up this morning and did three drawings (my daily minimum) before 12am. Huzzah. Now, rather than doing something productive (as I'm not sure what to draw anyway) I've started ripping out drawings so far of myself and putting them together. Like a Frankenashley. I'm a grown up really. Edge-bound (or whatever the term is) sketchbooks are fuckers.

Random out of context quotes of the day:

The penis is not going in!

You may have to really put your hand down deep inside but keep searching and you'll find my joy.

Smurf flavoured muffins or eating muffins with smurfs?

All perfectly innocent.

I'm on a gap year at the minute and have been looking for a job since late October, annoyingly just after most shops had interviewed for christmas temps. I'm one of those people who has no previous work experience :( I did have a summer job cleaning cabins a few years back, but it was a sneaky cash in hand style placement. What I find annoying is that I haven't even been asked in for an interview which makes you feel even shitter, I'm glad I have University to go later this year.

pele-and-bobby-moore.jpg

Drama!

Battles!

Banter!

A new N europe Xpert 11 season is upon us! Fancy yourself as a football manager? Join the best forum playground game in existence.

Played by legends such as Mr Odwin, Dyson, Emo, Shorty, Rez, Happenstance oh forget the list who doesn't play it! Well maybe you and if you don't we have spare spots so please join the party!

Check out the old thread http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26059

and the game itself

http://www.xperteleven.com/

As this well crafted advert is going to get bumped to another page soon will other Xpert Players keep the cause up.

If you want to join PM me or go to the N europe thread I linked to.

Weekend of work...got to "finish an essay" ( can't be arsed explaining why I wrote it like that, but yeah, effectively work on a long piece of writing, but more just the bibliography, cause I didn't note any of it down at the time.

Then have to start on my answers to question ECA sent me about applying for film, and you can tell they want a page for each answer...

Then I have to prepare a 5-10 minute presentation on my upcoming 6 week project, which is so pointless annoying.

Exam in the morning went average-to-good, but not letting my hopes out of the box I keep them in.

I think one of my wisdom teeth is having a second spurt of growth, my entire side of the face is in paiiiin. Ear's blocked. Time to get me one of those doctor things!

Ex-girlfriend came over for a few hours. Was nice to see her and have some chatz. Definitely still feeling something but not acting on it - we can be friends!

Some money came into my account so I've stocked up on food, like, lentils and crazy shit to last forever, aaand... yeah. A nothing day. Sorry about that!

Turned out I didn't have a day off uni.

I was meant to wake up at 10 and do work all day; but instead I woke up at 2:15 and checked my Facebook (on my iPhone in bed) and saw that my second lesson (which starts at 2:15) wasn't cancelled.

Que getting dressed and walking into uni as fast as possible.

Now I'm in a uni computer lab doing work.

I'm staying here until 11.

I'm ridiculously behind with work.

So depressing.