Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

It's kind of turning out that way, but also largely about complicit media coverage of terrorist attacks that ends up granting terrorists what they want- exposure and political legitimacy.

No news is good news = All news is bad news = Terrorism = Jordan

:heh:

Jarvis Cocker on 6Music for the foreseeable remainder of this here Sunday afternoon, peeps.

Aye, I'm listening at the mo n'all. Makes searching and applying for jobs that I will never get slightly more pleasant.

No news is good news = All news is bad news = Terrorism = Jordan

:heh:

Jordan was a terrorist?

Guest Captain Falcon

Went for a meal last night with some friends. The problem we had is that some of us wanted to up town after so we had to leave pretty quickly. I think things were a bit frosty as a result. But with having to drive there, unless we want to pay for a taxi to get there and then a taxi to the city centre, we didn't have much choice. That said, things seemed a bit off when we got there - it almost felt as though there were a divide of sorts already in place. We left after an hour or so and then made some preparations before going out...

So we get up town and someone was handing out tickets to get in a bar for free so we thought we'd go along in to see what it was like. So we walked in and no joke of a lie, apart from the staff, we were literally the only people in there. This was about half 10 mind so not exactly early doors either. after about 10 mins or so, some girls wandered in, and then some more did not too long after. And then some more, a couple of guys, and then more girls. It got to the point that there were about 5 guys in there and 25 girls. But even then, it was still a bit dead as there is just too much space. Plus it was freezing. Still, at £1.30 for a drink, we weren't complaining too much. At 11, it went up to 2 drinks for £4 which is still a damn sight cheaper than anywhere else would have been charging.

We weren't in there too much longer after 11 as we were just really waiting for somewhere else to open up.. and enjoying the cheap drinks whilst we were at it.

Went to the other place then about half 11 ish and yeah, fun times. Watching this girl constantly come over to my mate was funny. She's crazy about him but he's not interested in the slightest and has to stop himself being rude to her. He says he's hates her but he obviously cares enough to try and spare her feelings so he's not totally heartless.

I got sandwiched at one point between two girls who came up from behind me - my mates saw it coming but failed to warn me and I totally froze so naturally they didn't stay long but they did come back later for a bit of dance and at least I was more prepared that time.

One girl even commented my stomach, in a good way, after I took her hand and put it on there - obviously she wasn't expecting the clothes to be masking such a fine specimen.

Had a bit of a moment when a couple of songs came on in succession and I went for a sit down. A song that had been on earlier reminded me of someone, since it was their favourite song, and when these others came on, I couldn't quite shake the feeling. My mates thought I'd been chucking my guts up somewhere at first but I managed to convince them I was being a wuss in a totally different way. But I went back over to them when some more cheery music came on and I'd gained a little composure.

The night ended earlier than I was expecting though. The area we were in closed at half 2 and the other part of the club closed at 3 - on Friday's it's a 3 and then 3.30 finish - and we pretty much went straight home.

And then as usual after an night out, I'm woken by a text that's telling me to get ready for the gym. Wasn't feeling quite as strong today as I would have hoped but oh well...

Had a cracking birthday week! My house party was lively... Someone baked me a sailor jerry's cake, and I basically set a new house record of having something like 27 people in the kitchen at once. After the 'happy birthday' gig they lifted me up and I 'crowdsurfed' in my minute kitchen. Hopefully there'll be pictures uploaded at some point for that.

It was all awesome 'cept for when I noticed some dude in my house that I didn't recognise. I led him back outside, but then he convinced me to let him in - I said only if he gave me his phone for insurance. Without taking my eye off him I go through his phone to see his inbox full of "got any green bud" - and while it's always handy knowing a dealer, frankly there are some expensive things in the house and yeah. Well anyway, we got the 'crasher out the house again then he started threatening to get his bluds and brethren round to pop pop pop us and bullshit. He was a simple.

Last night went to a party at my old halls where me and my three mates were the old weirdos in teh corner. We thrived in it and just got pissed on gin and sake and cider, controlling the music, oggling the young pretty ones. Ended up getting to macdonalds on the 'way' home -- so late that they had started the breakfast menu!

Not got any sublime anecdotes, just had a generally very pleasant weekend.

Oh and I'm superpoor again, despite literally having everything provided for me all weekend!

I spent today at a Mega Drive Tournament/League. Since the missus and I had only just arrived we were placed in the second division. By the end of the day I had pimpsmacked enough people to get myself pr0moted to the first division, and have a sexy trophy to hold onto for awhile also.

Some games I played featured, but not limited to:

Sonic 3, Streets of Rage 2, Super Street Fighter 2, Marble Madness, Alien Storm [wank], Super Hang-On, NHL something.

There were other games which others play which I did not. But I'm just too pr0.

EDIT: Better list here.

http://www.megadrivechamps.org/en/games.html

There were other games for random enjoyments.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Today I had my first ever "date".

It went alright, I think...went to see Avatar. We had never actually met in person before (if anyone remembers/cares I posted about it in the Advice thread, basically we met over Facebook via mutual friends, were chatting on there for awhile, then on NYE she got my number off someone and we've been texting everyday since). Wasn't planning on asking her out until next week after going back to school / "accidentally" bumping into her to see her in person, but I got impatient and I was getting a good vibe so I went for it. Incidentally, she's waaay hotter than me so I'm amazed how it's gone so far. I was a little worried she would have a change of heart when we met for real :p She's seemed to respond well to everything so far...it was just me initiating the conversations etc, boy language today seemed good from what I could tell... I originally asked about going on Saturday but she had plans and seemed very disappointed about it, so we went today instead. Chitchat was a bit stilted, I think we both felt somewhat weird about the situation, but it was good nontheless. She said she had fun, at least. There was a split second hesitation as I dropped her off before she got out the car but we were too far apart to recognise it and do anything about it in time :p I'll ask her if she wants to do anything next weekend again I think...ideally what we really need is an environment with alcohol to loosen us both off a bit :p It's just a bit odd the way it's all happened really, it's come out of nothing :p

Why did it take me so long to catch onto the wonders of social networking?

Soooo I like a guy who doesn't seem to have any interest in me, yay?

Anyway, parents took me for a meal before which was nice, shame there were bratty children ruining half the night.

Not much has happened, parents are both at work tomorrow so I'll have to leave home without any goodbyes, gay.

I'm back in Sheff :) The journey was relatively quick which was surprising, but the best thing was I got from Malton to Sheff for only 4 pounds. It's supposed to cost me about 12 (I have some card thing...not the student one) but he looked at it and seemed to assume it was a different kind. Not that I'm complaining. :D

Exam tomorrow. Terrified. Though it's now my only one, so after this I have another 2 weeks before seminars start again. Happy days.

I feel oddly at home again, whereas when I was actually at "home" I didn't have the same feeling. It's really lovely.

Argh portfolio.

Sums up the last few days. They've finally put up a deadline (day after my birthday...yay!) and I'm really not sure WHAT THE HELL THEY WANT. So I'm doodling like mad. But last two days I've not liked most of what I've drawn which is a pain. Focusing mostly on life drawing stuff but need to do other stuff (character designs, storyboards etc).

Decided to take a break and go to a local nature reserve and saw a fight between a squirrel and a rat (or door mouse or something, it was quick). Got some photos but they need to be photoshopped to be more clear. But for now, one of the contenders:

20073_246896286492_536116492_3651745_854322_n.jpg

[Geeky]Big Love and Chuck return tonight :D![/Geeky]

SQUIRREL!

Dinner tonight with the family was okay, though way too much food. Plus some discussion about the money that had to be paid for it etc.

Tonight has left me completely exhausted though. I could so fall asleep right now... problem is I still have so much work to do. Not sure what to do: try and work a bit now but probably fail to really get anything done, or just sleep and then work lotssss tomorrow, probably not sleep to get it done for Tuesday...

Someone in my class at school just added me on Facebook. So I accepted, and wrote on her wall;

Alright Sarah, hows tricks?

And she responded.

al gd thanx nd urself?

Literally managed an entire sentence with txt spk. I really don't want to reply as I'm offended but...I will anyway. Still sickening.

Someone in my class at school just added me on Facebook. So I accepted, and wrote on her wall;

And she responded.

Literally managed an entire sentence with txt spk. I really don't want to reply as I'm offended but...I will anyway. Still sickening.

PJ-Harvey-y-John-Parish---Black-Hearted-Love.jpg

Tell me more, bastard.

Went to the doctors the other day as I've been having some bother with my right knee. After some tests etc and much waiting, he comes back and tells me i've got Chondromalacia. Exactly, what the fuck is that. It's basically soft cartilage under the knee cap and after a couple of months of rest I should be back to normal. No football for 8 - 10 weeks, which is probably no bad thing consider how cold it's been lately.