Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Today I got my B upgraded to an A, meaning I got perfect results for last year. Totally justified, I have no idea where that B came from. It was in one of the subjects I was most confident about and I felt like I had done better than the prelim, in which I got 84%. Then the result came back and apparently I got between 60 and 65. So thankfully they have corrected that and given me the grade I deserved :p I also learned "Falling Away With You" by Muse on the guitar, which is an awesome song to play. Plus, the guitar is virtually strung in time with the lyrics, so it's easy to sing along to. Not that I have any singing ability mind :(

No swim today because I had stuff that needed done during the time I was expecting to go. Hopefully tomorrow I will finally rectify that situation.

Man, I've been starting to feel genuinely frustrated and trapped by where I'm living. There's basically no opportunities around here - I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere without a car, fighting tooth and nail for crappy Customer Service jobs. There's an artistic community but it's scattered all over the place and populated mostly by the already established or retired. If something - anything - doesn't turn up soon I'm just going to loose all hope. I'm gonna have to escape to London or somewhere similar pretty soon. I'd almost be willing to sleep on the street, so long as I was somewhere I at least have the opportunities to help myself.

I hate how long my lino cut is taking. I hate how bad I am at print-making in general.

My eyes were burning by the end of arty school. Then walked home (not far), but had to immediately walk all the way back (further actually) to lend my friend a wing-collar shirt and cufflinks for his catering job. Then had to walk back. It was fine, I was listening to what Nick Cave had to tell me on my iPod. I have to finsih my lino block (the cutting) tonight, so i can go in an print straight away tomorrow. Everyone else has basically finished, having had a day extra.

Man, I've been starting to feel genuinely frustrated and trapped by where I'm living. There's basically no opportunities around here - I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere without a car, fighting tooth and nail for crappy Customer Service jobs. There's an artistic community but it's scattered all over the place and populated mostly by the already established or retired. If something - anything - doesn't turn up soon I'm just going to loose all hope. I'm gonna have to escape to London or somewhere similar pretty soon. I'd almost be willing to sleep on the street, so long as I was somewhere I at least have the opportunities to help myself.

Aw that sucks man. You'll get there eventually. Don't lose hope! :smile:

I hate how long my lino cut is taking. I hate how bad I am at print-making in general.

My eyes were burning by the end of arty school. Then walked home (not far), but had to immediately walk all the way back (further actually) to lend my friend a wing-collar shirt and cufflinks for his catering job. Then had to walk back. It was fine, I was listening to what Nick Cave had to tell me on my iPod. I have to finsih my lino block (the cutting) tonight, so i can go in an print straight away tomorrow. Everyone else has basically finished, having had a day extra.

God I fucking hated Lino printing.

Aw that sucks man. You'll get there eventually. Don't lose hope! :smile:

Ack, I'll be alright one way or the other. If all else fails I'll just turn revert to "Plan B": become feral and join one of the wolf packs they're trying to introduce back into the Highlands. Or maybe shack up with a family of Sea Eagles. Whatever's good. :heh:

I only remember doing a lino cut once in my life. The cutting is a bit annoying, but I love the result you can get with it. There's some beautiful lino artworks around and I'd love to try my hand at it someday, but I guess it'd be a bit expensive to invest in all those materials heh. >.>;

I'd love to see your result by the way, I'm always interested in seeing other people's work, especially when done in materials I'm unfamiliar with. =)

I think I'm supposed to do homework for my teaching class tomorrow, but since I missed that class last week I'm kinda lost on -what- exactly I have to do. So now I'm not sure if I should try my hand at it or not, heh.

I cycled to university. Joined the gym and started using weights. I've got a gym buddy to show me what the hell to do with free weight. He's been going for a couple years but somehow I managed to trash him when it came to sit-ups. Yaay! Everything else though I'm currently lifting piddly weights and generally getting used to it while he's lifting almost what I weigh. :heh: Keeping weights steady as you lift them is a bit of a problem at the moment but he said I'd get used to it.

Then I went to the library...in freshers week. In total this week I've been there for almost fours hours this week. I'm working, it's crazy. I'm crazy.

Then I cycled home.

Also, I sent my birthday party invites out. Clocked in at just short of 90 people. Didn't realise I knew that many people. I actually think that's over capacity. Ah, well, some people can stand outside.

I'm really excited.

Another night at work. Lecture was okay. Introduction to Web Development and it just involved analysing web pages in terms of design and such. Very basic. Wonderful organisation though from the department; I was assisting two students and two other support workers were assisting one. Makes sense... Train ride home with someone from the class and we casually/awkwardly chatted. Looks like that'll be a weekly thing.

Also the woman in charge of my timetable/schedule (whatever you want to call it) emailed it me at 5:30pm (when she's going home) and said "is this okay?" and I was down for four 6-9s so I said not really, as it means Monday-Thursday I won't get back til 11pm each night. Then I suddenly wondered if this was supposed to start next week, or immediately? Because I'm down for a lecture tomorrow morning. So I just won't bother, really she should have asked in advance if she wanted me in tomorrow. I don't mind going in for the afternoon one but I'm not getting up early to get there for 10 in case I'm not wanted. She seems so flimsy and unorganised as she's only just started. I should blatantly have her job, she doesn't seem to know anything and when asked she's like a baby bird.

Also just noticed I'm down for tonight's lecture...but with someone else. How strange. Not the two people I have already worked with? And who is this other person anyway? So bloody disorganised.

Edited by Ashley

Ohh... today was funny. I ended up getting a bit drunk after we finished lectures and kissing and hugging the girl I'm going out with. I rung someone who doesn't know we're going out and apparently had a really embarrassing conversation where I practically 'gave away' the fact we were going out. :p I didn't have a jacket or anything and it was pouring it down, so on my way back home she lent me her hoodie and umbrella. :) Too kind.

So yeah, another great day. I'll be seeing her again tomorrow, haha. =)

Guest Captain Falcon

My day was awful at work and they picked up a bit this evening.

Work is just crap because we've got a couple of people off, and I'm having to give up my jobs (that I actually like) and do theirs (which I hate). If I asked someone else, they'd claim to not be able to do it but then they are getting paid more than me on the understanding that they are familiar with all the work we do so it holds no water. But my boss is off so I can't take it up with him.

I've had three days of misery and I can see tomorrow and Friday making it a week.

But my evening was better.

Went to to my first lesson at college today and it I enjoyed it apart from the person I ended up sitting next to. Loud and obnoxious sums her up pretty well. We started in one room and I didn't mind where I was at that point (not least because I could see into the class room on the other side of the hall where there were some nice looking ladies) but we had to move because people kept turning up.

In the new room, I ended up on the table with the three oldest people, and whilst I don't really see myself as young per say, I am compared to them. I can't be doing 29 more weeks sitting next to her so I'm going to have to make sure I'm sitting somewhere else next week. She said about the four of us sitting together each week but it won't be like that if I can help it.

But other than her, yeah, I enjoyed myself and then I played a bit of Brawl with some of the awesome forum goers who frequent the gaming boards including a face I've not seen for a while which was pretty cool.

I am suddenly very afraid at the prospect of having a seminar with students three years younger than me tomorrow. Like, scared enough to be thinking about what I'm going to wear. Good thing I've actually forgotten everything, bad thing is I have a habit of talking when I'm nervous.

Then work, to face my 'helpful' colleagues and to tell the to stop fucking my chances up a few days too late. Then pub for a committee meeting for my jugglesock, which will no doubt make us realise we have a shitload of work to do to get sorted. Then a mate's invited me to see him perform his poetry thing at some place. ALL THE WHILE THERE WILL BE A CIDER FESTIVAL ON. A pint before work might be on the cards.

I feel so shit. I need more than hugs. I think I need some casual sex, it's that bad.

*calls Dan*

Guest Captain Falcon
I am suddenly very afraid at the prospect of having a seminar with students three years younger than me tomorrow. Like, scared enough to be thinking about what I'm going to wear. Good thing I've actually forgotten everything, bad thing is I have a habit of talking when I'm nervous.

Then work, to face my 'helpful' colleagues and to tell the to stop fucking my chances up a few days too late. Then pub for a committee meeting for my jugglesock, which will no doubt make us realise we have a shitload of work to do to get sorted. Then a mate's invited me to see him perform his poetry thing at some place. ALL THE WHILE THERE WILL BE A CIDER FESTIVAL ON. A pint before work might be on the cards.

I feel so shit. I need more than hugs. I think I need some casual sex, it's that bad.

*calls Dan*

You call Dan for casual sex or because he knows where you can get some?

Guest Captain Falcon
Yes to both. Because he knows where he himself is.

Well if he's in such a state that he'd agree to casual sex with you then I'd be impressed if he'd be able to stand up, let alone know where about he is located.

Had some lectures this morning, and then went out with Ness for a catch up/coffee with was nice. Then went round some mates for a night out clubbing, which turned out AMAZING.

We were talking to these lovely guys at one point, and then we all went off to dance and one of them was being rather...full on. I genuinely figured he was just being that playful straight guy type...but apparently he was a big gay, and I totally missed out. Damn my obviously broken gaydar, he was a total (I almost said fittie. I don't care. Okay I said it, sue me.)

Eugh, lectures tomorrow. Boo. Someone congratulate me on a properly typed drunk post, please!

Ohh... today was funny. I ended up getting a bit drunk after we finished lectures and kissing and hugging the girl I'm going out with. I rung someone who doesn't know we're going out and apparently had a really embarrassing conversation where I practically 'gave away' the fact we were going out. :p I didn't have a jacket or anything and it was pouring it down, so on my way back home she lent me her hoodie and umbrella. :) Too kind.

So yeah, another great day. I'll be seeing her again tomorrow, haha. =)

I love how everything is going well, but its getting a bit much. thought I'd say it. I'm probably the only one who feels this way but meh.

Had an alright night at a shit club. It was rubbish, dj, people, drinks were good price.

Looking forward to indie club tomorrow :) YAY. Other than that I'm ooooooooooooookay.

Heh, don't worry about it. I'm in a course where everyone is 3 years younger than me (and have been in there for three years now) and to be honest, no one will be able to tell your age. They usually just assume you're the same age as them. =P

And if they do find out, they won't really care, or they will forget soon enough heh.

Waiting for a class to start in 22 minutes. Bit nervous as I didn't do the homework as I missed last class and had no clue what to do. Hope the teacher won't chop my head off, or at least won't hate me for it. >.>;

Fuuuck alarm didn't go off. And I had to go online as i forgot the room.

And yes, I didn't have to go on here. Or on facebook.

(but found out i was looking at my diary wrong and have work 4-9 so I can't do half the things I'm supposed to do today, which is going to piss a lot of people off. FAIL)

Which kind of sit ups? I see so many described these days?

I've still been doing the Devil's Workout occasionally. I need to get some scales to weigh myself on.

It's the kind you do on the massive space hopper type ball thing and you do three reps of as many as you can do. It does the upper abs.

It hurts bad, but it feels guud. :heh:

Eugh, lectures tomorrow. Boo. Someone congratulate me on a properly typed drunk post, please!

*tips hat*

And Jambalayseven don't worry about it. Its not like you have crows feet and silver hair. There's always older people on a course. Apparently our uni is 75% mature students (although for whatever reason mature is classed as over 21 but still). Nobody thinks I look out of place in lectures I'm doing (or at least they've not said). You'll be fiiiiiiine :)

Not heard anything from my line contact so I'm guessing she's not wanting me to be in the lecture in 15 minutes...or if she does its her fault for not getting in touch :p

Presuming I have the day off I need to move around my room and sort everything else. Getting two warddrobes and a chest of drawers I need to squeeze in somewhere.

I love how everything is going well, but its getting a bit much. thought I'd say it. I'm probably the only one who feels this way but meh.

I have a habit of making things sound more intense than they really are. :p

She's really nice, and I do genuinely like her. We ended up spending a lot of time together before we came to admit we liked each other, and even now we just do a lot of leisurely activities together as well as kissing and hugging. It's not like we're organising a wedding!