Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Oh man i've got my freaking driving test tomorrow, aaaaaahhhhh!!!

Good luck to the MAX.

He feels like the big brother I never had. And the kind of big brother you'd want - that gives you advice, buys you stuff and has loads of banter.

And that you want to fuck? ;)

Previous day was alright, now having trouble sleeping so thought I'd have a browse and found this forum.

Eating cheese might not be the best of ideas before bed though. If only I hadn't run out of cider...

Welcome Ronnie.

Urgh.......absolutely terrible night, probably had about 2 hours sleep altogether. Im gonna feel terrible all day today now.

Wassup dewd.

Tuesday: Up early(ish) to get ready for London. Managed to sneak two episodes of Arrested Development in. Then train to London time! Which seemed to take about 4 weeks to get there. Lots of time to kill in Brixton when there's really not that much to do... Went for interview, little suitcase in hand which I blamed on a train cancellation. Wondered around Oxford Street for a while trying to find a WH Smiths (as Borders was bordered up) to now avail. Hopped to Highgate. Tried to fix a laptop, made it worse (but blamed it on viruses, nice to take advantage of elderly lack of computer knowledge). Bit o' photography and Ponyo.

Wendesday: Dog walking. More photography. Casually strolling around Central. Meeting bluey for a nandos (not Buttons' nando) then went to Tottenham Court Road for a look around and started aimlessly strolling and once I got bored of that couldn't find a tube station. Ended up at Baker Street, swung over to Marylebone. 90 minute time killing and then train! Sat on it for a few minutes (before it left) when suddenly a family joint me on the table. I offered to swap to a 2 seat (to escape) but she said no there's loads of them so it'll be fine >_> Kid infront kept swinging his leg and kicking me. Bloody things. Read, doodle, music. Avoided train fare addition (had paid to Brum, thinking I'd have to get off and go on another train home but my train became that train). Got home around midnight.

Now...what to do today?

Good luck with the test Raining. Just try to chill and take it easy. I failed my first test because I was rushing due to nerves.

I wish I had read this before I did my test haha.

4 serious faults =(

I cried my eyes out as he explained why I'd failed. And for about an hour after that. What a wuss.

Basically.. When I had been doing reversing into a space I had been driving straight into starting point. Not have much experience in driving out of the space then reversing back in (which I had to do in the test) so I drove out completely fucked up, and ended up trying to straighten myself (which is the first serious) got the parking okay.

then everything went downhill. Did an emergency stop and skidded >_< apparently that wasn't a problem but i took my hands off the wheel before i stopped (+1 serious again)

then later on he wanted me to turn right (and in my opinion he told me too early) i saw the right markings on the road nearly pass me by and thought "ah shit!!" and braked hard. but it was the next fucking right he wanted me to go >_________________< so that was my third.

Then I clipped the kerb when i eventually got into that right turn. +1

Fail fail fail fail. literally.

But he did say I was a good driver apart from those silly mistakes and panicing. And I answered the bloody questions word perfectly too. BAH!!!

Sorry to hear that Raining. At least it seems like it was bad luck rather than not being skilled enough.

---

For 3 nights in a row, I've had vivid dreams that are obviously concerning me moving on from school/leaving my childhood behind. All involving people from school in some way, 2/3 about trips to Disneyworld, a few about school etc. One about X-Men too. I have a lot about X-Men.

Then one this morning was horrible, it was one where it's exactly like reality. In my dream, I woke up, wondered what time it was, as it was sort of indeterminate outside the window, got down the ladder from my raised bed thing (I honestly thought it was real and stuff), put on some shorts and a t-shirt, and checked the time on my phone. It was "19:09" and i fucking panicked because my mum had let me sleep in until 7pm!

Then I woke up and continued on with the upsetting dreams about my childhood.

Never mind Raining :( *big hugs* at least you tried your best and as the instructor said, your driving on the whole was really good so it was just nerves really, that happened to me on my first test and my second come to think of it... >.>

About the right turning, I believe you are allowed to ask them to confirm what they meant, so if you aren't sure which 'right' you're supposed to take then you can ask, 'this right or the next' and they won't mark you down for it.

It's not easy but just remember that there is always next time and at least you'll be more prepared for it, I mean I'm sure you would have been prepared this time around but nerves get to everyone, especially on a first driving test, so please try not to take it too hard on yourself... I did and I wish I hadn't in retrospect. :/

Never mind Raining :( *big hugs* at least you tried your best and as the instructor said, your driving on the whole was really good so it was just nerves really, that happened to me on my first test and my second come to think of it... >.>

About the right turning, I believe you are allowed to ask them to confirm what they meant, so if you aren't sure which 'right' you're supposed to take then you can ask, 'this right or the next' and they won't mark you down for it.

It's not easy but just remember that there is always next time and at least you'll be more prepared for it, I mean I'm sure you would have been prepared this time around but nerves get to everyone, especially on a first driving test, so please try not to take it too hard on yourself... I did and I wish I hadn't in retrospect. :/

I shoulda have confirmed it but it was like ARGHNOTIMEZ! >__>

Irony is I couldn't have had a better pretest lesson. I think I'm never going to reverse into a space ever again (when I pass) just on principal. :mad:

I'm so silly. I got sooo fucking upset, I think I cried for hours, haha. Think I needed to get it out and i've been horrendously stressed for a while. So I feel loads better.

Hopefully I'll be okay on my next one.

Gotta get some diazipam in me for then....:indeed:

EDIT: and my lovely mum took me out for a fry to cheer me up :3

Chess club last night was fun! Pretty much everyone there was way better than me, except an old guy who plays on the club's D team, whom I drew 2-2 with in the end.

The club was saying that they are going to enlarge the B team from 6 people to 8, which means with some promoting from the lower teams, there may be a space on the D team. Chess season starts sept/august and runs through to April - but I don't think I'm really good enough for D team just yet.

Day off today - so playing L4D (and getting annoyed at the shitness of lots of players, not that I'm that good myself). Housemate decided to Mr-Muscle the oven, complete with ninja face-mask. Basically everytime we use the oven currently it cooks itself. Open the door and you're greeted with a face-full of sulphuric niceness. So he's doing that, while I've got my ninja headgear on and am washing the cutlery using kettle water. I'm sure these'll be entertaining memories at some point.

SOMEONE MAKE ME DO SOMETHING DECENT ON MY DAY OFF. AG. Washing up and washing clothes is boo-ooring.

I shoulda have confirmed it but it was like ARGHNOTIMEZ! >__>

Irony is I couldn't have had a better pretest lesson. I think I'm never going to reverse into a space ever again (when I pass) just on principal. :mad:

I'm so silly. I got sooo fucking upset, I think I cried for hours, haha. Think I needed to get it out and i've been horrendously stressed for a while. So I feel loads better.

Hopefully I'll be okay on my next one.

Gotta get some diazipam in me for then....:indeed:

EDIT: and my lovely mum took me out for a fry to cheer me up :3

Yeah, 'tis a difficult thing to judge at the best of times, let alone on your test but it's worth doing if there is time... I don't blame you on the reverse parking lol it's horrible :/ I wouldn't choose to do it either but it's all about showing the examiner that you can do it even if you don't plan to do it ever again afterwards. :heh:

It's ok to feel upset and let it all out at least and at least you feel better for it now :) just try not to take it too hard on yourself, you did your best so you should have no regrets and can be looking to the next test when you're ready... the diazipam might not be such a bad idea though, wish I had some for when I took my last test, I had to make do with a paracetamol to settle my stomach, haha. :D

Also that was nice of your Mum bless her, a fry up must have tasted really good after that ^^ damn I'm hungry now though lol a couple of fried eggs for lunch I reckon. :smile:

Chess club last night was fun! Pretty much everyone there was way better than me, except an old guy who plays on the club's D team, whom I drew 2-2 with in the end.

The club was saying that they are going to enlarge the B team from 6 people to 8, which means with some promoting from the lower teams, there may be a space on the D team. Chess season starts sept/august and runs through to April - but I don't think I'm really good enough for D team just yet.

Day off today - so playing L4D (and getting annoyed at the shitness of lots of players, not that I'm that good myself). Housemate decided to Mr-Muscle the oven, complete with ninja face-mask. Basically everytime we use the oven currently it cooks itself. Open the door and you're greeted with a face-full of sulphuric niceness. So he's doing that, while I've got my ninja headgear on and am washing the cutlery using kettle water. I'm sure these'll be entertaining memories at some point.

SOMEONE MAKE ME DO SOMETHING DECENT ON MY DAY OFF. AG. Washing up and washing clothes is boo-ooring.

"Niles in the end Maurice will choose man who is intellegent and sensitive.

Oh Frasier that is just something we used to tell ourselves in chess club."

Of course Frasier is right though! Chess is awesome damnit.

Recovering from Belgium trip and lack of sleep gonna have a nice chill out day today.

That's very unlucky, Raining. :(

Don't worry about it. The good thing is that you can use this experience to help in your next test. It was pretty much just nerves, which affects a lot of people taking their test for the first time.

I ended up taking my test 4 times, which is pretty embarrassing, but I used to just feel so nervous being under someone's watchful eye. I should have passed second time too, but failed when I was reverse parking back in the test center at the end of the test! My instructor was watching from the window and he didn't believe that I did anything wrong, but apparantly I was too close to the car I was reversing next to, when I knew I damn well wasn't! Still angry about that to this day, and I still carried that resentment with me into the next test.

You can do it, but the best thing you can do is just use this experience in a positive way. At the time, I didn't, because I was still a wee bit young, nervous and still had lots to learn about everything. You sound like you know where you went wrong, so work on that, and good luck for your next test.

Spamming the thanks, but you guys all deserve it for making me laugh/not feeling so bad.

I had a really bad day yesterday, went to bed early (get plenty of sleep - good ne?) but I ended up mulling it over in my head, and getting upset. Would have been better staying up and distracting myself I think.

I don't understand this; the instructor takes you for test, you park up (last practice on the reversing! eep!) then they make you drive out and turn into position. That NEVER happens in real life. You drive straight then reverse!! Why on earth would I want to park then drive out and park again. Retarded. I'd rather he tested that last, as I park to finish the test.... makes more sense?

Awww so sorry to hear about your test Raining. Don't let it get to you too much though, there's always another chance coming up, and you might ace it then! =)

*hugs*

I've had a bit of a cold the last few days, with coughing, snotty nose, headaches and a sore throat, but I think I'm finally getting a bit better. At least the snotty nose seems to be clearing up, still have the cough.

Also bit annoyed as my dog ran into my leg at full force yesterday, and now it's hurting again. =(

Wanted to go to a park type place with Jim today but have had to cancel that due to pain, boooooh. Maybe tomorrow...

Awww so sorry to hear about your test Raining. Don't let it get to you too much though, there's always another chance coming up, and you might ace it then! =)

*hugs*

I've had a bit of a cold the last few days, with coughing, snotty nose, headaches and a sore throat, but I think I'm finally getting a bit better. At least the snotty nose seems to be clearing up, still have the cough.

Also bit annoyed as my dog ran into my leg at full force yesterday, and now it's hurting again. =(

Wanted to go to a park type place with Jim today but have had to cancel that due to pain, boooooh. Maybe tomorrow...

aw thanks ine! =)

flinkeh better be giving you some tlc instead!! =P

Why doesn't my strike out work...

Anyway, today I went to the Post Office to collect a package and then went to Pizza Hut with the girlfriend. Although we left after 10 minutes of no service and went across the road to Nandos instead.

Stupid Hut.

Edited by Wesley
Shut et!

aw thanks ine! =)

flinkeh better be giving you some tlc instead!! =P

TLC? Does Guitar Hero count as that? =P

As that's all we've been doing today haha. And we'll probably make ourselves a nice meal tonight (meaning we have to go shopping in a bit) and watch a film or something. And I'll drink a hot chocolate with whipped cream to make me feel betterrrrr. Yum!

The last couple of days have been alright. Main highlight was that this badass boy

CIMG0901.JPG

finally figured out how to crawl. It's great and bad at the same time. Now we have to baby proof all of the house so that he doesn't accidentally kill himself, or worse, break something of mine. But it means that he can go where he wants to. It's hard to quantify how annoying it is having to scoot a baby just a couple of feet forward so that they can be where they want to be, and then to have to do it again in two minutes time.