Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Its been a fun old day today, its nice and warm outside (ok, there is a cold breeze) but in my room it is lovely and cool. And i haven't got the window open full either.

Weekend has been fun, mostly it involved alcohol and all that at night and half of this afternoon as well.

Righto, I'm off until Tuesday. Bye everyone!

Where you going then??

My day was going just great 'til I found out it will cost me £750 to insure my mums puny 1ltr Yaris when I pass my test. *sadface*

Is that on your own? If so then that's good.

Even if that's 'good' it still sounds pretty 'ouch!' to me, £750 just to be able to drive a car legally, and thats not factoring in the cost of petrol etc... sorry I'm probably not helping. :(

But yeah it's all those costs plus failing twice plus not really needing to go anywhere much that means I've stuck with public transport; no matter how variable it can be, it still works out cheaper for me than driving would.

But good for you Raining, because at least once you pass you'll have the freedom to drive anywhere when you want. :)

Even if that's 'good' it still sounds pretty 'ouch!' to me, £750 just to be able to drive a car legally, and thats not factoring in the cost of petrol etc... sorry I'm probably not helping. :(

But yeah it's all those costs plus failing twice plus not really needing to go anywhere much that means I've stuck with public transport; no matter how variable it can be, it still works out cheaper for me than driving would.

But good for you Raining, because at least once you pass you'll have the freedom to drive anywhere when you want. :)

Well considering my 13 year old 1.1 fiesta cost me aboyt £2000 a year for 3rd party on my own I'd say £750 for a new driver is good.

I'm female and 22 though (i know its sexist blahblah whatever).. Adding my mum on scores another 100 pound too. (with a £750 excess o_O)

It's not really the comparative cost... Its as S.C.G says - adding EVERYTHING together makes it seriously expensive.

Edit: that's for just you buttons? crazy. o_o

Where where where where where where where? :)

Yay, you are matching my level of excitement! :)

The friends I'm staying with live in a flat near Sackville Street, can't remember the road but it's quite central. Oooh I wonder where we'll go out, I haven't been in so long! Eeeek.

I'm female and 22 though (i know its sexist blahblah whatever).. Adding my mum on scores another 100 pound too. (with a £750 excess o_O)

It's not really the comparative cost... Its as S.C.G says - adding EVERYTHING together makes it seriously expensive.

Edit: that's for just you buttons? crazy. o_o

How much is it if you go on your mum/dads policy? (And was that for 3rd party?)

How much is it if you go on your mum/dads policy? (And was that for 3rd party?)

that was fully comp.

I don't really know how much it would be for me as a secondary driver on my mums car... But it wouldn't really be feasible because she needs her car during the day and I need a car to go to work. And she would be rage if I stole her car all day :heh:

that was fully comp.

I don't really know how much it would be for me as a secondary driver on my mums car... But it wouldn't really be feasible because she needs her car during the day and I need a car to go to work. And she would be rage if I stole her car all day :heh:

If you bought her yaris you could put her as the main driver and and you as other.

All was well and good for most of the day. Housemate came back from her parents and we went to town just casually strolling in the sun. Then did stuff in the afternoon and what not but I came into my bedroom about 90 minutes ago and my wardrobe had collapsed again. Everything all over the floor. So I've chucked it. Was one of those fabric ones from Argos. Had to fold up all my clothes and just leave them on the floor (other than suit jacket which has gone in roommate's room) as im leaving in four weeks. My mother and her partner are coming up tomorrow (who I'm staying with over summer), they're going to return with a lot of random crap :D

Bright side; friend has invited me for a birthday BBQ at her's on Saturday and I said "I finally get to meet your mother's breasts." I hear they are pretty epic.

Edited by Ashley

Went to the sports bar with my housemate to watch his beloved Newcastle fight for survival. Then when we got home he compulsively started tidying the whole house. I fear he may be upset. Also I ate a stack of assorted meats the size of my head. They called it a "burger."

If its any consolation james, i hate you mroe than anything in the world yes

Got back from my week in spain, it was chilled/relaxing and i petted a giraffe :D went round to my ex's with a bunch of friends and it was awesome ^^

I'm looking forward to the week of sleeping and watching mah soaps

Right I'm having a bit of a dispute with a friend here, may as well post the convo:

Conversation removed due to people finding it offensive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who do you agree with? I understand what irony is but for me this is a tricky area * I'm MattC btw)

Edited by dwarf

You're conversation is confusing.

But being DJ - I'm a retard who chooses a stupid name - Ironik (or however it's misspelt), is ironic.

I'd like to point out it is probably the lowest form of irony (in the humorous sense) I've ever seen.