Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

That really does sound awful, so sorry to hear that. It is a big pain in the arse when new management do come in. Sometimes it is welcome, and sometimes it is the complete opposite. What sort of things is this new Head Teacher doing to make your Mum feel unwelcome?

Thank you :) The thing is, he was welcome because the previous head had quite frankly lost it (an alcoholic dictator who was heavily grieving) and was stopping the management and school progress. Then the new guy came, requested an inspection which came out ''satisfactory'' and because of that, seemingly started a vendetta against all the senior managers. He isn't prepared to give anyone an opportunity to improve things. I know I sound biased (and I am!!) but what really gets me is that he openly says she is an amazing teacher and yet that apparently counts for nothing. So yeah, rather than go through all this she is resigning, plus it's been affecting her health.

Thank you :) The thing is, he was welcome because the previous head had quite frankly lost it (an alcoholic dictator who was heavily grieving) and was stopping the management and school progress. Then the new guy came, requested an inspection which came out ''satisfactory'' and because of that, seemingly started a vendetta against all the senior managers. He isn't prepared to give anyone an opportunity to improve things. I know I sound biased (and I am!!) but what really gets me is that he openly says she is an amazing teacher and yet that apparently counts for nothing. So yeah, rather than go through all this she is resigning, plus it's been affecting her health.

Ahh, bluddy inspections. Hmm, that's a bit confusing when he claims she is a good teacher whilst not giving her a chance.

To be honest, I think the hardest thing about working in a school is definitely the people who you work with. The pupils are always going to be a mixture, or slightly more of one than the other, but you'll always get good behaviour, bad behaviour, high achievers, low achievers, and other things. But, the people you work with really makes a difference. That's what seperates a great school to work in from a terrible school to be in.

She's probably done the right thing. I've had placements in school where I found the staff were really great to work with, and in another school I found the staff quite dull to work with. I enjoyed one more than the other, and I felt I was a better teacher at one more so than the other.

I got an interview today :)

It's a job with, of all people, the DWP. The irony overwhelms me, forum. I'm surrounded. I don't think I'd mind the work, and the money is good for a while.

Good day to get it in the post too- I quit my volunteering thing today. I wanted to last week but my mum flipped out and I conceeded to stay on for a while. I just couldn't face going in today though. I've been so bored there it's unbelievable. I don't grudge giving my time for a good cause (and it is. A very good one) but I could feel my brain cells leaping out of windows every time I sat on reception there. I'm not going to do something that makes me miserable when I have more I could do here like work on my blog or something.

Went to Glasgow avec ma famille for a day of doing something. Bought lots of stuff, had a good time.

However, I am baffled by how many truly fugly people per square kilometre Glasgow has. It's literally a revelation to see a genuinely good-looking person. Might be mean, but it's true. Even those that aren't ugly look grey and sad.

I way prefer Edinburgh. People seem optimistic and cleaner of spirit.

This shit is proper evolving on me arse now. In more ways than one... I had to take a leaf out of the Glade Asian Kid today, whilst having a pr0 shit my mobile went off, I had to do some magic speed waddling to get my phone. T'was the radio station, they want me now as well!

That'd probably be BBC Radio Nottingham, whilst I was on the toilet they mentioned me going in for their breakfast show [pr0 early!] but phoned back later saying something else had come in so just wanted to record some sound bites over the phone. So I'll get up a lil early to hear the news and hear my sexy voice going out to the fine people of Nottingham.

EDIT: Can't do ReZ sadly, I think they saw your plan forming and stopped us.

Wow, looks like Eevil will be entering the strange media world of celebrity in the near future. I look forward to the pictures of you in Metro stumbling out of a club with Kate Moss. :heh:

Things are looking up. After ages getting nowhere in securing a research project it now looks likely that I've got one. Seems for the next few months I'm going to be doing experiments into using microorganisms to produce organic compounds from plant material that can be used to produce biofuel and other useful things. Sweet. I get no money for doing it though which is a bit rubbish, but hey at least I can now complete my masters.

Wow, looks like Eevil will be entering the strange media world of celebrity in the near future. I look forward to the pictures of you in Metro stumbling out of a club with Kate Moss. :heh:

After watching her doing drink and drugs? Sure, but I hope she leaves enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into her stomach and break her God damn spine.

Urgh.... I'm sitting here eating dinner while typing this and I have to admit that having a Chilli Con Carne on a night like tonight was a really bad idea. Too warm to be eating this kind of thing. Oh well, will have to make do as there's nothing else.

Anyway, today has been alright. Weather has been phenomenal. Really warm, just the way I like it. Hope it keeps up now because after tomorrow that's me finished for the summer with Uni, apart from two days when I have exams. The psychology exam went better than expected. Got a little jittery an hour before hand but found my centre and chilled out. Decided against speaking to an advisor about my course change. Going to think it over a bit more and see what I could get out of doing an english degree job wise when I'm finished.

Roll on tomorrow though. A single english tutorial followed by, hopefully, a couple of hours in the pub with friends. And I'm hoping a certain girl turns up to the tutorial so I can finally ask her out.

that stump will be the death of me. taking a stump out of the ground is never easy, ive done a couple now and can confirm that its always a long winded boring task that involves digged, use of a saw, more digging, pushing, being unable to find what is keeping the tree in the ground and so on untill victory is had. usualy a days work.

the current stump passed its 3rd day, reason? some budding rocket scientist planted the tree with a huge blob of concrete (really) now roots are wrapped around, under and even through the concrete (and a few bricks) and the job of gettint it out is now laughebly impossible. ive been trying to chizzle some of the concrete away, little success and managed to get the chizzle stuck twice, had to king arther it out both times.

a passing old man told me id never have it out, i should get a chainsaw on the case. i think dynamite is the safer bet. theres some movment in it now but id dont see it giving up without me gaining a scar or two.

I'm getting pissed off now.

The day started off ok. Met Happenstance and other friends in town. Went to the college to sign up for a course. I knew there was a good chance it would be full, but it turns out the last space went yesterday. I wouldn't mind so much, but I tried to sign up online weeks ago, only to be told it was full when it wasn't. Was told in a different lesson that there was spaces so I thought I'd try in person today. Useless fucking arseholes. The only reason I want to do this next course is because the good friends I met on the current course are doing it and good friends seem few and far between at the minute.

So that set the tone for the day. I'm also trying to organise a trip to Thorpe Park after Rez's glowing review. I set up an event on FaceAche 2 weeks ago, only for everyone to set their status to "maybe". Seriously, how hard is it to check your plans, then decide if you actually want to go? Now the plan is set for Saturday and only one person has confirmed that they're going. And he lives in London, so I'll be driving to Thorpe Park alone.

I then found out in my last college lesson that one of the other people (one of the people I'd consider a good friend) is going on Sunday. I sent her a message on Facebook (I don't have her number) asking if she wanted to combine her trip with mine and both go on the Sunday and invite everyone else on the course along too as a sort of leaving do. Lo and behold, someone else hasn't replied.

Seriously, why are people awkward dickheads? Now I'm contemplating not going. The only friend that has said they're going is inviting a load of his uni mates, so if I go I'll feel like an outsider at an event I organised. If I don't go, they'll probably go without me and I'll be left out of my own event.

I fucking hate people.

Stayed up to watch Million Dollar Baby and to wait for the new Tori Amos video to debut on Yahoo.com.

I actually lol'd through the first half. Like rubbing her ass against various London landmarks for no reason.

Some nice visuals in the second half though. I'm not sure what people were thinking in the streets when a woman in a sparkly jumpsuit in the pattern of the american flag was slowly walking through the crowds of people on their way to work.

Irrelevant, but poignant to me.

I'm a bad girl. Seriously thinking about not going to school today for the presentation of our project. I really hate this thing, the stuff we made seriously sucks plus I don't feel like presenting it to about 60-70 people or something. But then on the other hand I'd feel bad to leave the other two guys to do it alone...

But yeah, not feeling too well at the moment. Having stomach aches/cramps, not sure if it's from being ill or girly problems. Though since I also have a weird taste in my mouth (and have had so for three days), I'm thinking I'm just still ill.