NEurope

Turns out I don't have a claim for unfair dismissal as I didn't have a years service at HMV. Therefore I get nothing, and no action shall be taken by me on my part, which kinda hurts.

Wow so people bully you like fuck and make you work obscene hours, but WAIT, its o-freakin-k because you haven't worked there for a year... What a crock load of shit.

*sends massive hugs dyson's way*

Turns out I don't have a claim for unfair dismissal as I didn't have a years service at HMV. Therefore I get nothing, and no action shall be taken by me on my part, which kinda hurts.

Found a massive stinking black bruise on my tum. probably from my injection last sunday D:

Got a job interview but I won't be in the country to attend it D: boooo

My back is pain. Job was stressful today.

Things just aren't going my way.. =(

Awkk, booo. Sorry to hear it all RA. Hope things turn around for you soon!

Reading Michael Herr's Dispatches and just fell in love with one of the passages. Typed it up on my site if interested. I'm not far into it and reading it amazingly slowly since I have more pressing work to do but I always look forward to sitting down with it and absorbing it.

The rest of my day, started work on my fifth essay - I've decided to call these essays The Final Five, that's how much time I've spent procrastinating. Probably the best lot of essays I've ever written, I'm pretty happy with them in their current state and I'm never happy with my work. They need to be improved though, and I will do that.

Went to the gym also. Am knackered now. Need sleep.

I prefer the Adorno quote just below it brah. Of course, that guy essentially repeated the same thing to infinity.

Nice, I have that picture under 'Habitus' as my desktop wallpaper.

Shit that sucks. With there being nothing that you can do now, concentrate on the positive side;

-You hated it, and have probably saved your soul from destruction.

-You have experience of the bad situation so will be better equipped to avoid it, should it happen again.

-You got a lot of work experience from it, which new employers will be looking for. (Or at least this is what I'll be banking on in a few months)

I commented on that in the same post you quoted. You're saying I'd get a substantial amount more?

Oh sorry I missed that.

You'd get about £700 extra a year. Sure that's not a lot of money but it's still a nice bonus. Plus it would be really beneficial to people on min wage.

And if the Green Party got in then you'd get a Citizen's Income. Which would be at least the amount of job seeker's. So you'd get an extra £50 or whatever a week.

Oh sorry I missed that.

You'd get about £700 extra a year. Sure that's not a lot of money but it's still a nice bonus. Plus it would be really beneficial to people on min wage.

And if the Green Party got in then you'd get a Citizen's Income. Which would be at least the amount of job seeker's. So you'd get an extra £50 or whatever a week.

Cool cheers. I still don't consider it a huge amount, but yeah that'd be great. So is Lib Dems getting in worse for rich people?

I prefer the Adorno quote just below it brah. Of course, that guy essentially repeated the same thing to infinity.

It never fails to entertain me seeing him come up with more and more visceral and misanthropic ways of saying the same thing. Always makes me smile. :hehe:

Nice, I have that picture under 'Habitus' as my desktop wallpaper.

The Hopper? Yeah, a classic. For some reason his paintings always remind me of Lempicka. It's probably because of nothing more than the period they painted...which I'm not even sure overlaps that much. :heh:

Edited by Daft

Cool cheers. I still don't consider it a huge amount, but yeah that'd be great. So is Lib Dems getting in worse for rich people?

Yeah they're going to stop them from exploiting tax loopholes. (not sure how exactly)

I don't remember the details exactly but back when Menzies was leader they proposed increasing tax on the top 10% of earners (I think they reduced it lower down but it was a few years ago). Now you'd think this would be quite popular with the other 90%. However since the newspapers are owned by the top 10% all you saw in the paper was him being slagged off.

EDIT: Here you go http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2006/sep/18/uk.society

Today I'm getting dragged off to my sister's birthday party, which really does not sound like fun (she's 8).

But they still owe you for the unpaid work...

I vaguely remember someone last year posting something they'd bought to treat their hay fever, Something like a one-off usage thing for £10 from boots or something similar.

I really don't want the annoyance of hayfever, and the constant medication needed for it, so if anyone knows what I'm on about I'd appreciate the help :)

Indeed they do, and if they protest against paying you then this time you stand a better chance of getting some money, be it only the time you are owed.

Yay: Got a potential new girlfriend, who is lovely and, to use NE speak, utterly stunning.

Nay: Go back up North in a week so it's all a bit pointless. Do I have a week-long relationship or not bother.. I'm anti-long distance, especially as we just met.

Also: I can't stop listening to Tik Tok. Urgh, I used to be cool...

Today I'm getting dragged off to my sister's birthday party, which really does not sound like fun (she's 8).

Yeah, unfortunately I'm a massive tit and have lost the notebook in which I had noted down the hours overtime I was owed, and I can't just claim for "err, roughly...30 hours mate" unfortunately (which is what it was getting to).

McD's having the sexy Monopoly back... If anyone has the Mayfair ticket, I have Park Lane, we'll combine our shizzle and go halves on the £500k.

Plus I'm having my job changed [with an amazing 2 days notice] new hours/days and shit. Means I can visit the Pokémon TCG League again.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

McD's having the sexy Monopoly back... If anyone has the Mayfair ticket, I have Park Lane, we'll combine our shizzle and go halves on the £500k.

lol, I wonder how rare the Mayfair ticket is. I'm guessing they just make one ticket per set incredibly difficult to find...

They usually make two, there's one of the greens they happen to make like 3 of. So the chances of winning 500k is very slim.

That's why I'm using the power of the internet to broaden my search.

Doubt it'll work, but no harm in trying.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

I may have just made an interesting, and important decision.

More news as we get it.

I'm up for splitsying prizes with you EEVIL. I've collected quite a few as people at HMV used to give me their tickets. Hit me up bruvva.