Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

whyyyy would you do that?

I spent valentines doing stuff. I am actually happy.

*HAPPY-FIVE!*

I was about to post the same thing when I read that.

I just came to the realisation that (whilst ironically listening to "misery business") I am AMAZINGLY SUPER FUNKTASICALLY HAPPY at this very moment with everything going on in my life. I've not felt this in ages, and I'm totally loving every minute.

Weeeeeeee!

I didn't get with a girl but I am actually gfinallly happy single. I'm so drunk but my friend is worse he fell in a thorn bush on the way back and was bleeding it was weird.

My ex is visiting next weekend, so looking forward i still love her. Hi haggis :)

Weee yay! *high fives Ellmeister* On the getting over it bandwagon we go.

So today my mission was to start my english essay on isolation and community in Heart of Darkness this morning and as such I have done 900 words of the 1500 we're expected to at least write. Really don't know how I'm gonna keep it under 3000 words because you can just write bucket loads for HoD. This is the harder of the questions to write about as the other one is on imperialism and I just thought that'd be far too easy as I've done it before.

Which question have you gone for? The key is in focusing, not in showing off how much you know about the book. Don't be afraid to cut out information.

Weirdest thing happened. Right after I posted my last post she came online and told me about how she slept with another guy tonight and there goes my mind going crazy once more. Not like last week though, christ. I'm already over the conversation anyway.

In fact I feel pretty normal regardless. In fact we're able to talk a little like we used to now - good signs, me thinks!

I should sleep soon, maybe.

@ J7 - I chose the question on isolation and community. So far I've only discussed the very beginning of the book where the 4 men are on the boat and talked about how their being identified by their job handles isolates them from society, how Marlow is envisioned as this envoy of enlightenment in a 'darkened' London and how London is isolaeted from the world due to it's connection to all of the slave trade. Haven't talked about the isolation of woman or Kurtz yet and haven't really discussed community but know what I'm doing. Will probably have to go back through it and cut quite a bit out though to get it within the word limit. It's not due for a week on monday so I've plenty of time.

My day was good yesterday ^^

I went to work, but my boss was late. I was standing out in the rain, and she drove by and was like 'lol, soz, l8 lol.'

However, she was REALLY NICE to me all day 0_o. She even taught me how to crochet, and GAVE me tonnes of needles and stuff!! Wtf!!

I crochet'd a tiny green caterpillar :D

Then I met up with my mates at the Peerieshop.

After work, I went to visit my mum, then went to a friends and gave her a madonna piercing.

When I got home, I played through and completed fl0wer.

MY GOD! I'm awake! Fucking SHIVERING so much. Going to be hungover, I can feel it. Dan's on the sofa after we ended the night at like 6am. No idea if he's awake yet. Night was alright - went to the gay traffic light evening and didn't wear any red, amber or green. Played some Wii and lost at bowling, had 6 VK's at the club and a third of a bottle of vodka before hand (and a 40 min queue sesh) and a few beers afterwards. I don't get how it adds up.

Tonight is DUB STEP, which I'm rather looking forward to, woop woop!

@ J7 - I chose the question on isolation and community. So far I've only discussed the very beginning of the book where the 4 men are on the boat and talked about how their being identified by their job handles isolates them from society, how Marlow is envisioned as this envoy of enlightenment in a 'darkened' London and how London is isolaeted from the world due to it's connection to all of the slave trade. Haven't talked about the isolation of woman or Kurtz yet and haven't really discussed community but know what I'm doing. Will probably have to go back through it and cut quite a bit out though to get it within the word limit. It's not due for a week on monday so I've plenty of time.

I would suggest not talking about the beginning of the book in that respect, unless you're going to perhaps suggest how it's symbolic of a western idea of a 'community' relationship (people gathered for commercial purposes) as opposed to the 'african' ways (primal, god-fearing hierarchy). It's far too much to extrapolate much from the two-or-so pages that talks about them to really sustain any argument.

I'd love to read it when you're done, though!

happy singles awareness day! (maybe)

i spent my valentines day evening advising a girl i have feelings for how to get with a guy she likes.

james bond i am not.

Oh God, sounds like me. Whenever I get close to a girl I do stupid shit that gets me stuck in the friend zone.

My VD wasn't too special. Spent my time gaming and drinking.:(

Haha, what?! Thats an insane price!

I know right?! It's like, €70 for 1Gb, and then still €29.40 VAT. So a total of €169.40. Ridiculous.

So it's really annoying that my charger broke, as those things are apparently super expensive as well. Dad is gonna try and check for a 3rd party one first though, but I'm not sure they sell them in stores here (and I need a new charger this week).

I love my Macbook, but damn Apple for making things so stupidly expensive! I'm nothing but a poor art student! D:

Anyway, yesterday ended on a better note than it started. Spent the evening watching Sex and the City with my sisters, and ate some of my leftover cake from my birthday (which we had put in the freezer), with whipped cream! Mmmm.

And had a great chat at night which made me feel loved and actually made me happy. =)

Weirdest thing happened. Right after I posted my last post she came online and told me about how she slept with another guy tonight and there goes my mind going crazy once more. Not like last week though, christ. I'm already over the conversation anyway.

In fact I feel pretty normal regardless. In fact we're able to talk a little like we used to now - good signs, me thinks!

I should sleep soon, maybe.

Seems like you're also sorting it out :) Good work!

Also when Nightwolf said her VD was crap, I thought she was talking about a STI/STD she had. Is VD actually one? Why do I think its from friends?

Anyway Valentines Day is overrated. Makes single people sad and coupley people spend a lot of money. Unless they have the power to resist doing anything fancy! That's rare though :)

We resisted doing anything fancy, but we still got caught up in it and spent money we normally wouldn't. Renting DVD's is bloody expensive! We also had a big box of Crispy Creme doughnuts haha. Was worth the cost though.

We had our Valentines on friday though as she was working last night. The odd thing was, we went to have an AIDS/STI test the same day (we're going to work in China later this year and needed the test for legal reasons, just so you know!). Anyway, guys, i want to give you all full warning never to have the test yourselves. I'm still traumatised. I looked it all up on the internet and everywhere said its just a blood and urine sample they need. Bollocks! They swabbed me! I didn't even know men could be "swabbed". This horrible doctor didn't even give me warning, he just told me to lay down and pull back my foreskin, he asks how i am, then bam, he sticks a friggin plastic stick in my japs-eye. Needless to say, neither me or my girlfriend were feeling very sexual that night!

:(

You have been warned though.

Ouch Jav.

Though you must not have searched the internet well enough, because I knew for one that they would swab you (even found a video somewhere that explains how it is done)... Sorta plan to get myself tested someday (just in case, even though my sexual life has been ehhh, not that active, haha), but not looking forward to it either. X3

And nooooooooooo. My hairdryer died today! It just won't work anymoreeee! Why does everything stop working all of a sudden? And why does it happen just when I'm about to leave the country as well? I need all this stuff. D:

MY GOD! I'm awake! Fucking SHIVERING so much. Going to be hungover, I can feel it. Dan's on the sofa after we ended the night at like 6am. No idea if he's awake yet. Night was alright - went to the gay traffic light evening and didn't wear any red, amber or green. Played some Wii and lost at bowling, had 6 VK's at the club and a third of a bottle of vodka before hand (and a 40 min queue sesh) and a few beers afterwards. I don't get how it adds up.

this just in: uuuuaargh.

Ouch Jav.

Though you must not have searched the internet well enough, because I knew for one that they would swab you (even found a video somewhere that explains how it is done)... Sorta plan to get myself tested someday (just in case, even though my sexual life has been ehhh, not that active, haha), but not looking forward to it either. X3

Well, to be honest, it wasn't me that looked on the net, it was my gf. But she seemed to think men didn't need to be swabbed.

I wouldn't advise doing it for the sake of it Ine. Chrissy is just as traumatised. They swabbed her like three or four times as they need samples for each disease test. She even had trainees watching, i mean thats just wrong.

If you do get tested though i'd say definitely ask for a female nurse. Chrissy's all for equal rights so agreed to having a male, but she regrets it. He had no respect at all and hurt her a bit (no lube on the clamp?! - bastards).

Well, to be honest, it wasn't me that looked on the net, it was my gf. But she seemed to think men didn't need to be swabbed.

I wouldn't advise doing it for the sake of it Ine. Chrissy is just as traumatised. They swabbed her like three or four times as they need samples for each disease test. She even had trainees watching, i mean thats just wrong.

If you do get tested though i'd say definitely ask for a female nurse. Chrissy's all for equal rights so agreed to having a male, but she regrets it. He had no respect at all and hurt her a bit (no lube on the clamp?! - bastards).

Well I'd probably go to a gynecologist, who don't use nurses here as far as I'm aware... And I'd try to find a female one. It's just something that has to be done someday, not just to check for diseases, but also to check up on cervical cancer. Never been to a gynecologist so it's really a scary thought, haha. Probably won't happen for another couple of months though.

Should probably talk to mom about it first, maybe she knows a good one...

I'VE FOUND THE HIDDEN MESSAGE!