Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

That's what the Lego is all about! Not flat blue plating you can't do much with!

[Normal bricks for me are the 2x4]

Can't do much with? Only an uninformed novice would say that. Example of how intricate you can get with LEGO with only the tiniest pieces available.

39-01.jpg

Any LEGO element is useful, and can be used in multiple aways. There are very few elements that can't be utilised in multiple and interesting manners.

:)

My friends just gave me my card and pressie. AWESOME. Summer Heights High on DVD (well...a picture of it, on the back "I will be arriving in a few days") :idea: :p Wicked, as they are the only ones that knew I wanted it.

Thank you. :)

But yeah wicked. Finish in ten minutes should be a grate day.

Can't do much with? Only an uninformed novice would say that.

Indeed he would.

Example of how intricate you can get with LEGO with only the tiniest pieces available.

Were those pieces designed for that model? What I mean is the blue plating may not work as good for other models.

Seriously though, do you build your own creations? and is that choppah going to hang from your ceiling. :awesome:

Haha, the "what are you thinking?" line is one I never really use. Though I did have a friend who would ask it -all the time-! So very annoying.

I guess I'm not very female-like that way, as I'm not much of a talker. In that sense, Flinky is more "feminine" than me, constantly asking how you are and what's up. =P

Haha, it's only because I'm trying to make you feel better. :heh:

I don't normally see the sense in just bottling things up. If there is something bothering you or someone, isn't it better to just discuss it there and then. After that, it allows you to just move and get onto other better things. Like gaaames and fun times. Better than just having the problem lingering, or have someone still upset.

Anyway, last night was pretty much aids. We decided to play drinking games when we were at home before we went out, and it was just so...boring. When we were actually out, I felt quite old and would rather have stayed at home, I think. Then, two of my mates argued, because he had called her fat, so she ran off in a huff, meaning I had to catch her up and walk her home.

I needed to go to the loo, but she wouldn't let me stop off to a pub on the way home. Luckily, we caught a taxi about ten minutes later, but I was dying and all the while she was crying and shouting about him, and crying some more.

So, I came home, made myself a cuppa tea, came to speak to Ine for a bit, and then watched part of Child's Play, the film featuring the Chucky-doll. Heh.

Today has been alright, so far. Apparantly they've made up now, which is good. I've just vacuumed the living room for the third time this week, and my feet are now cold as somebody has left the living room window open. *closes*

I needed to go to the loo, but she wouldn't let me stop off to a pub on the way home. Luckily, we caught a taxi about ten minutes later, but I was dying and all the while she was crying and shouting about him, and crying some more.

So, I came home, made myself a cuppa tea, came to speak to Ine for a bit, and then watched part of Child's Play, the film featuring the Chucky-doll.

But when did you piss?!

When I got home. Although, strangely, you find that once you hold it for so long, you create a barrier in your mind, meaning that the urge to go isn't anywhere near how it felt earlier.

Although, at one point, I actually felt like I was dying, haha.

You actually can die from it (blatter bursting), so yeah, better watch out. =P

And whooo, no evaluation today apparently (hopefully)! Gives me one more week to get something done, haha.

*a bit hyper 'cause of sugar/chocolate overdose*

You actually can die from it (blatter bursting), so yeah, better watch out. =P

And whooo, no evaluation today apparently (hopefully)! Gives me one more week to get something done, haha.

*a bit hyper 'cause of sugar/chocolate overdose*

It's a good job I did it when I got home then, haha.

Mmm, chocolate. Ben's made a ton of brownies in the kitchen for a stall that he and his coursemates are running. They're training to raise money to go hold an exhibition or something. Brownies, everywhere. Ahhhh!

Got myself a tasty 12 hours sleep after being up for 27 hours ^_^ Got two eps of Chuck's first season to watch, but today I am going in to university! Shock horror. Then pub from half 4 (wtf)... mental case.

Ok, 30mins to shower, get dressed, stare at self in mirror. GO!

I keep thinking I should perhaps go in to university to return this Zoom recorder I borrowed a couple of days before giving up. But that'd cost me £1 each way on the bus! That'd get me a shot of vodka at Fruit...or something equally tasty elsewhere. £1.50 for Jagerbombs at Bar:Me :o

I keep thinking I should perhaps go in to university to return this Zoom recorder I borrowed a couple of days before giving up. But that'd cost me £1 each way on the bus! That'd get me a shot of vodka at Fruit...or something equally tasty elsewhere. £1.50 for Jagerbombs at Bar:Me :o

have you officially given up?

ok, was waiting ages at the job center. not a fan of he new system (you turn up, they will see you at some point in a 20 min slot) i arived 10 mins early, got seen 10 mins after my 20 min slot was over. 40 mins in that hell hole.

smiths didnt have the latest edge in yet either

its realy snowy here today. good thing i had my resi 4 esc jacket

Yo!

I'm back! Weeooarrgh!

Miss me? no? OK that's cool I didn't miss you rotten lot either.

so, yeah. Trip to London was a...mixed affair. I went down there for an employability course to aid my job hunt.

turns out it was about as much fun as AIDS.

Forum, it sucked. It sucked so very hard. I lasted 2 days of 5 before I decided I was in the company of dullards, simpletons and fools. I learned nothing other than that I was being treated like a moron. Now, this course was for people with a disability and I don't want to accuse anyone falsely but I felt utterly patronised. Perhaps they didn't know Cerebal Palsy is not a mental disability of any kind. hmm!

Anyway, shitty course aside I had a really good time. I got to see my brother and his girlfriend, I went for dinner with a lovely friend I don't see enough by half, went to The V&A Museum (awesome by the way- a kind of Imperial social history portfolio) and shortly after met Ashley for a swift beverage between trains.

and!

I got an interview! woop! I also scored an internship with Orion books in their publicity dept. Awesome.

Yo!

I'm back! Weeooarrgh!

Hurray!

Miss me?

Yes!

no?

...I said yes!

OK that's cool I didn't miss you rotten lot either.

;_;

so, yeah. Trip to London was a...mixed affair. I went down there for an employability course to aid my job hunt.

turns out it was about as much fun as AIDS.

Doesn't sound much fun...at all.

I got an interview! woop! I also scored an internship with Orion books in their publicity dept. Awesome.

Woop! Congratulations :D

yeah dan, i know what you mean about people being patronising about dissability. im fortunate my dissabilitys, dyslexia and dyspraxia are pretty much invisable, and a few teachers asside, never seemed to draw much attention.

there was a lad in my college with cerebal palsy, i worked with him a few times in ict. he was a nice, bright lad who unfortunatly seemed to tick all the boxes society has deemed to mean he was dissabled, and therefor little more then a child.

hearing some one talk to him like he was 5 was enfuriating. he was alot brighter then me. just because he had difficulty moving and talking dosent mean he was stupid.

but alas, people are very uncomfortable around the dissabled. i honestly dont think people were trying to be crule to him, rather they were just miss informed.

Welcome back Dan.

(He was gone?) ;)

Indeed he would.

Were those pieces designed for that model? What I mean is the blue plating may not work as good for other models.

Seriously though, do you build your own creations? and is that choppah going to hang from your ceiling. :awesome:

Nah it wasn't created for that. I don't build my own creations YET, but when I move out I'll be having a desk with the LEGOings divided into element type, and will make many (first on my list a MM Megazord, and a lifesize one for Daft, and various other cool bits)

I probably won't be hanging that from the ceiling, but hopefully I'll be displaying it.

:idea:

Bloody snow. Ruined my shoes and spent most of the day at Uni with wet socks and feet. Not amused. And thank you Dundee city council for not even attempting to grit/clean up the pavements around town. It was a nightmare just to get to Uni, let alone head through town. It was bad enough for me but I really feel for the people who were running the stalls at the continental market which has just come to town (not sure if it's only for the one day). Because of the weather, all of the stalls were virtually devoid of anyone looking to buy anything. I was going to go and get myself some food from the Spanish stall (they had a bloody huge pot/pan thing of paella, like you see when you go to Spain) but didn't have enough money to get anything. Hope they're there tomorrow so I can have a proper look and try out some of the food.

Besides the weather causing havok, Uni went well. Not. Had a psychology practical at 3pm so turned up and so did a few others, not even half of the class turned up which is just disgraceful considering I probably have to travel the most distance to get in to Uni each day :heh:, and we were then told the person who was supposed to take the tutorial had gone home because all of the schools had shut and so she had to get her kids. So we had someone else take the tutorial and it lasted 15mins. Wasn't impressed after coming all the way through the snow for that and couldn't be bothered to wait for my psychology lecture as it wasn't a proper one so just came home, which was a fun walk. Congrats again but this time to Fife council for not gritting their paths. Nearly fell on several occasions.

Gonna be a long day tomorrow. Lecture at 12, lunch until 2 and then a 3 hour genetics practical on mitosis/meiosis. Won't get home till 7 which sucks big time as I won't be able to play HoTD: Overkill and Deadly Creatures until after then. Really hope that some of the snow at least melts for tomorrow because if it just ices over then it's going to be difficult to get to and from the station as I'll have to walk both what with my parents going away to a cat show this weekend.

Now I need to go off and see if I can shimmy my freeview about to see if it'll pick up Virgin1 as the new episode of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is on tonight and I want to watch it. edit: Nooooooooo! Can't get Virgin1 to work so I'm gonna miss it. Crap. Has never really worked along with quite a few other channels on my freeview so think there's a problem.