NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

Why is it this game seems to have recieved so little hype/press/coverage, with less than 2 months until its release? I know so little about this game, and I can't even understand why.

Why is it this game seems to have recieved so little hype/press/coverage, with less than 2 months until its release? I know so little about this game, and I can't even understand why.

Because everyone's just too busy waiting for Brawl.

And the game really has only just hit the radar properly in terms of media and release date. If memory serves, when they showed the game last year it was just a crappy demo.

Yeah, until now they've only shown 30-second clips of it which has given press nothing to say but "Mario Kart announced for Wii, looks the same as GC version, will still be great."

Hype will increase in the next few weeks, and moreso when Brawl finally gets a PAL release date.

New Official Mario Kart Wii Trailer!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30938.html

Here is another look at the new Mario Kart game for the Wii. We get see a bunch of multiplayer gameplay as well as some people "enjoying" the Wii wheel. Something about that wheel just leaves me scratching my head. Perhaps it's the fact that it's not attached to anything and just seems to be floating there. I think I'll stick to driving my Kart with a good old fashioned controller thank you very much. And will the wheel be sold lose? And will there be a Mario Kart without the wheel for sale? I just don't see the extra use of it..

I've been catching up on the Mario Kart news! :)

I have reading all the articles and watching the videos! It looks great in motion and the WiiWheel looks fun to hold! I hope it controls well!

The tracks loook great! :D

Can you use the Wiimote like Excite Truck?

Aye, I'm sure it'll be playable without the wheel.

I've been wondering how well the steering wheel will work with Excite Truck? It will be fun to try it out anywa- I've been trying to imagine it and I reckon you'd have to hold the wheel flat, like a plate. Worth a blast and I know everyone will be trying it out too. :hehe:

Reggie mentioned different control schemes, I'm sure he meant more than just Classic, GC and the ExciteTruck style scheme.

Reggie mentioned different control schemes, I'm sure he meant more than just Classic, GC and the ExciteTruck style scheme.

Yup, there's a nunchuck/wiimote control scheme as well.

I've barely seen anyfootage since it got announced so now i'm watching videos to try and build the hype a bit now.

Either way i'm gonna kick your asses online :heh:

I've barely seen anyfootage since it got announced so now i'm watching videos to try and build the hype a bit now.

Either way i'm gonna kick your asses online :heh:

Not if my uber MKDS skills come to good use.

I sound like such a geek.

Has there been any news on snaking/power sliding in MKWii? I've only heard about tricks.

I WILL PWN YOU ALL! :heh:

(not really i suck... Shadow beats me all the time!) :)

It would be fun to snake with the Wii Wheel! :D

I'm glad there are different control methods i'm not sure whether the wheel and i will get on with each other!

Has there been any news on snaking/power sliding in MKWii? I've only heard about tricks.

What about powersliding?

Powersliding been given an overhaul: Slides are started with the B button, and instead of rapidly steering in opposite directions to build up a boost, the boost now charges over time as you perform your slide.

From the link on the previous page.

Because of the different power boost mechanic, i.e, the longer you hold the drift, then the faster the boost you will get. Snaking is impossible.

EDIT: Stefkov beat me to it.

Ive got some amazing time trial times on MKDS. Like if you look at my record your limbs might fall off.

What about powersliding?

Powersliding been given an overhaul: Slides are started with the B button, and instead of rapidly steering in opposite directions to build up a boost, the boost now charges over time as you perform your slide.

From the link on the previous page.

Because of the different power boost mechanic, i.e, the longer you hold the drift, then the faster the boost you will get. Snaking is impossible.

EDIT: Stefkov beat me to it.

Ah okay, thanks guys. :) I feel like playing MKDS again.

they did not send me a E-Mail.

It was in the newsletter they send out from time to time.

You guys would seriously wear a Mario Kart hat out in public? LOL

Yeah I would why not it is free.

Is there a ban on punctuation?

Nope, but there's no law that says it has to be used!

why does it bother you so much the way people type get a life ok.

It's just nicer to look at and easier to read is all. It's not exactly hard to type properly, I don't get why you're so touchy.

It's just nicer to look at and easier to read is all. It's not exactly hard to type properly, I don't get why you're so touchy.

Exactly, it's called English. Use it.

--

This game looks great, I've always loved Mario Kart so I'm really looking forward to this.