NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

In addition to all this a new Wii Channel, the Mario Kart Channel, will also be launched with Mario Kart Wii. Players will be able to monitor their ranking against others with data compiled from races completed online as well as also access and share Ghost Data to download. Why not see if your friends are playing by checking their status or even better still set up a room in which you can chat to them before a race starts?

Headset?

Yea, least it's some sort of communication. And before anyone says it doesn't say that or anything, it's from the proper press release, not the one on the NoE site.

You can join a friend mid race, watch them finish that race and then join in the next!?!?!?!? :) What an awesome idea!!!

This is going to be amazing - please, please please let this be the start of an amazing online service Nintendo - a separate channel is a great step forward, extra content, text chat - but just a little more please :) AND IT'S ALL FREEEEEEE!!!

"Why not see if your friends are playing by checking their status or even better still set up a room in which you can chat to them before a race starts? Use the wheels built in microphone to keep you chatting"

the wheels got a microphone built in

omg

"the wheels got a microphone built in"

omg

You reckon? Not a bad idea, actually.

In addition to all this a new Wii Channel, the Mario Kart Channel, will also be launched with Mario Kart Wii. Players will be able to monitor their ranking against others with data compiled from races completed online as well as also access and share Ghost Data to download. Why not see if your friends are playing by checking their status or even better still set up a room in which you can chat to them before a race starts?

Headset?

Personally, i think that chat implies that its text and not voice. Shame though

Blender, is that even true? It's as if your quoting something. A mic on the wheel might work depending it isn't near your hands.

"Why not see if your friends are playing by checking their status or even better still set up a room in which you can chat to them before a race starts? Use the wheels built in microphone to keep you chatting"

the wheels got a microphone built in

omg

Please take into account - this quote is a lie.

The quote came from here, about 5th paragraph up from bottom:

source

Blender is a naughty boy. Also: considering the remote simply clips into the casing, rather than connecting to it in some way, this would be incredibly difficult to implement. Complete lie, sadly

I noticed it has that Sherbet land track with the annoying penguins that got in your way from Mario Kart 64 and one of those Ghost Valley ones!

I noticed it has that Sherbet track from Mario Kart 64 and one of those Ghost Valley ones!

Yeh! Sherbet Land is one of my favourite Mario kart tracks.. so that made my day :yay:

Ghost Valley rocks too.. this game keeps getting better.. gonna be great!

Am I the only one who liked Kalimari Desert from MK64? It doesn't look like its in there maybe I'm wrong, at least Sherbert Land is back in there.

Am I the only one who liked Kalimari Desert from MK64? It doesn't look like its in there maybe I'm wrong, at least Sherbert Land is back in there.

You aren't the only one.. I enjoyed it aswell! When I was younger, I just thought the train was great! :heh:

A website in the Netherlands just received an email from on of the largest distributors in de Benelux. But there eye felt for some amazing info. according to the distributor Mario kart for the Wii will be released in Europe on 11 April 2008 for the price of €49,99 and that the game will include the Wii wheel.

this picture was send by the distributor:

72817.jpg

and if you look closely you see that the left corner is cut out to protect the distributor.

Well at least this thing here got the date right. (hadn't seen it before)

Not sure about the wheel; since I'll only have one it means my sisters won't want to race me unless they get to use the wheel (and even then I actually doubt they play :( ).

ITEMS:

-The Blooper item from MKDS will be brought over into MK Wii.

-There will be some items that can only be used by motorcycles and some that can only be used by traditional karts.

-The Ice Flower from Super Mario Galaxy is an item. It creates an icy trail in your path for a short amount of time that players can slip on.

-The POW Block is also an item.

Some of the confirmed items:

2279969724_ee098b7427_s.jpg

2279180059_e41046b8a7_s.jpg2279972894_3a9ae59a07_s.jpg

2279177245_ba2d56ff90_s.jpg2279181901_48f9a421c0_s.jpg

2279181493_c91434e08c_s.jpg

2279968506_a1822466cd_s.jpg2279182449_24c91edbd4_s.jpg2279180699_226b3c7925_s.jpg

2279177661_56d2f0a97b_s.jpg

2279967686_8271034ea1_s.jpg2279182135_aca1654df1_s.jpg

2279971184_0296f369fe_s.jpg

2279181235_1d41d4c2c0_s.jpg

2279968966_68a503a016_s.jpg

2279970170_fe22e43d3c_s.jpg

2279968274_f6a8e0df2a_s.jpg

2279969158_54c4279a5b_s.jpg

2279970042_bbb78a137c_s.jpg

2279180301_3769fb4770_s.jpg

I doubt it will be in there unless all the other special weapons from DD!! are... but that's another question - have they been confirmed or denied? I thought it was a nice idea to get something specific to the character you chose, it meant you could distinguish between characters in each weight class.

I doubt it will be in there unless all the other special weapons from DD!! are... but that's another question - have they been confirmed or denied? I thought it was a nice idea to get something specific to the character you chose, it meant you could distinguish between characters in each weight class.

I hope it is in the game becuse I like that item.

Well at least this thing here got the date right. (hadn't seen it before)

Not sure about the wheel; since I'll only have one it means my sisters won't want to race me unless they get to use the wheel (and even then I actually doubt they play :( ).

Cool poster, I wish it was just karts

and looked like that, it would really recapture the original Mario Kart feel.

About the updated powersliding mechanic - won't snaking be alot easier now? :heh:

hmmm depends I've not seen any mentions of it...

Cool poster, I wish it was just karts

and looked like that, it would really recapture the original Mario Kart feel.

That's actually artwork for MK Arcade, they were the Karts they used, and that is also why there is PacMan in there. Never played it sadly, I think there are only a couple (if that) in the country?

About the updated powersliding mechanic - won't snaking be alot easier now? :heh:

I don't think so, I think the point was that in older games pro players could flip the stick back and forth so fast it was quick to get a blue boost. With the new mechanic, this will not be a problem. In fact they might have made it so that if someone tries to powerslide on a straight they will turn into the opposite wall (that would be awesome/hilarious)