NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

I wonder if this will have some sort of customisable emblem?

What do you mean about a customisable emblem?

ha but that review was very opinionated though...This is going to be a wii zapper afair again.. or an excite truck one..

you either love it or hate it(or in wii zappers case with me....think it's meh)

hope is not lost with this..your forced to try it out anyway and if you dont like it..WIIMOTE AND NUNCHUCK..

whats going to piss me off though is reviews that will slate this game for the wheel.Wait till you see.

I don't think it looks that bad, if you read the guys comment about the wheel in the comments section.

Thanks Schmix. To be fair, the Nintendo employees I played consistently beat me in the races, and they insisted (or were contractually obliged!) on using the Wheel every time (whilst I stuck with using the Wiimote and nunchuk).

Now I’m not a Mario Kart expert, but I’m not bad either. I guess if you play with the Wheel for long enough you’ll learn to control the vehicle just as well as you do with the Wiimote.

But, and this is the important bit, the Wheel controller is not as accessible as using a Wiimote and nunchuk, and other folks who’d not played Mario Kart since the SNES days felt more comfortable playing without it.

In that respect, the players who get the most out of the Wheel will be experts rather than beginners. But that’s my opinion, we’ll see how it’s received when the game is released.

Its like an emblem you can customize. Its the shit.

I think the controls will be fantastic. Anyone who has played Excite Truck for an extended period of time (not just kiosk play) knows how great the controls can be.

Better yet, this is Nintendo's AAA racing game; and as an AAA title, it will control wonderfully. They've had a long time since Excite Truck to tweak and perfect the controls, so don't pass judgment too soon.

Also, if you haven't played Excite Truck, your missing out. Give it a rent; you won't be disappointed.

Honestly I though double dash was very poor. I thought they tried to make a game that looked different enough so hardcores would want another version and simplified enough (giving some the opportunity to just through items) that casuals could play.

However the outcome was the the differences didn't balance the fact that it compromised some key mechanics (i.e. speed and control; it was all a bit heavy and basic). Furthermore you don't have to simplify mario kart, is A to go forward and that's it.

However the DS version was brilliant, greatly so.

You see you gave me four options there, the first reeked gimik, sceond one told me the mechanics were being simplified (not a snaker, but why not the option?), third one is long overdue with individual friend codes (i'm still bitter about the loss of the universal code), and the final one I like. Very much so in fact, loved it in the DS version, but not enough.

Then you have these tricks. I mean, what the hell does Mario Kart need with tricks? It doesn't. Gimic. It all just seems a bit cheap. And I repeat the fact that I don't care about the graphics.

You want to know my ideal Mario Kart game? (crowd: yeah we'd love to Ryan!") that's what i thought. Maybe 20 characters, 40-50 tracks, some retro. A level editor (where the fuck is this?), same option as Smash Bros where you get a new level every day. The ability to jump. A slider that increases/decreases the influences of items. Co-op in grand pre. Team races, team battles all online. Multiple Kart/character combinations. Voice chat. That ability to disable snaking online. Finally, speed.

Some ideas.

You know what, they shouldn't change anything. In fact, they should just port all the previous mario karts onto the Wii, yeah, I think that'd make everyone happy, don't you?

As in MKDS, where you can make your own symbol/emblem.

As for my choice of characters, in DD it was always between the toads, the babies, and the koopas, usually mixed between two in the green pram or green koopa car, or the bullet car.

Oh my god track maker would be the greatest thing ever. Heck release a really in depth version as an additional game or whatever. That would be so so awesome.

I haven't been following this much so does anyone know if there will be gamecube or classic controller support?

Ah never mind just found out my fault for being lazy.

I haven't been following this much so does anyone know if there will be gamecube or classic controller support?

Yes there is.

And since there is hopefully, I can continue kicking Flameboy, flinkster and the long departed nintendork at MK just like good ol' times.

Diddy was a must.

I usually used him and a Koopa.

Thats it, I couldn't think of the other small characters yesterday. Diddy + Paratroopa Koopa was who I usually chose, the following reasons were good enough for me:

er yes question parakoopa and diidy kong

para(the red one) had the triple red shell........ and when you are ahead you plant these gigantic bananas..think..its a winning formula.

I liked to mix the kart up between the wee blue go-kart and the train, oh yeah.

I always used Toad and Paratroopa.

Toad, because he's awesome and Paratroopa because of the tripple shell power up that was always useful.

In MKDS however, i always used Dry Bones in the Dry Bomber.

Then you have these tricks. I mean, what the hell does Mario Kart need with tricks? It doesn't. Gimic. It all just seems a bit cheap. And I repeat the fact that I don't care about the graphics.

You want to know my ideal Mario Kart game? (crowd: yeah we'd love to Ryan!") that's what i thought. Maybe 20 characters, 40-50 tracks, some retro. A level editor (where the fuck is this?), same option as Smash Bros where you get a new level every day. The ability to jump. A slider that increases/decreases the influences of items. Co-op in grand pre. Team races, team battles all online. Multiple Kart/character combinations. Voice chat. That ability to disable snaking online. Finally, speed.

Some ideas.

With you on this one!

It's time Mario Kart had an overhaul, so it exudes the same class that Brawl does! It's such a big franchise and one that Nintendo could invest so much more into and really reap the rewards!

Online should be standard for such a game in this day and age.

Level Editor, Co-op/Teams [Online] etc... is what the series really needs now to drive it forward.

At the moment it's just more gimmicky features that turn this into a DoubleDash + game [which in turn was a MK64 + game].

Team racing online would be awesome. They done it offline with MKDS so they could do it fine enough with friends atleast online.

f-zero gx> every mario kart game in existence

that being said This WILL be a brilliant game..This has everything going for it but i fear with scores reviewers are going to rip the shit out of the stupid wheel.

They are different games but I hated F-zero GX. There are much better 'mega fast car games' out there imo.

I think the controls will be fantastic. Anyone who has played Excite Truck for an extended period of time (not just kiosk play) knows how great the controls can be.

Better yet, this is Nintendo's AAA racing game; and as an AAA title, it will control wonderfully. They've had a long time since Excite Truck to tweak and perfect the controls, so don't pass judgment too soon.

Also, if you haven't played Excite Truck, your missing out. Give it a rent; you won't be disappointed.

Now I've S-Ranked everything (pretty sad) but the controls are no where near perfect. Thing is you dont have to be precise on excite truck all the time, where as MK you need to take corners really well. Drifting wasnt good enough i dont think, pretty poor really.

Good game though. Many slate it which is the problem, yet they only play on it for 5 mins. Usually they twist the remote the whole way round and say 'its not working! this is crap!'

from my experience that is. You need to do the tutorials definetly

Heres a nice little feature/rant about the lack of real text chat in Mazza Kart and I have to agree. If Nintendo are going to do things like this then why bother in the first place? I mean not being able to talk is one thing but not even being able to text someone what we really want to say to them is even worse!

http://gonintendo.com/?p=36580#more-36580

Excite Truck IMO is amazing.

Its good. If there were more tricks and variety of courses then yes.

In MKDS however, i always used Dry Bones in the Dry Bomber.

Dry Bones yes, but I found that Waluigi's kart was the best one. I went through them all and looked for one with the stats that looked the closest to what I wanted and as far as I remember it was the WL kart.

Heres a nice little feature/rant about the lack of real text chat in Mazza Kart and I have to agree. If Nintendo are going to do things like this then why bother in the first place? I mean not being able to talk is one thing but not even being able to text someone what we really want to say to them is even worse!

http://gonintendo.com/?p=36580#more-36580

I haven't read that, but I think I know the jist of the situation... its gonna be some Endless Ocean type set up? Predefined text messages that you can't customise, right? If so, then thats pretty cheap. At the very least we should be able to make up what we say to each other. :(

I haven't read that, but I think I know the jist of the situation... its gonna be some Endless Ocean type set up? Predefined text messages that you can't customise, right? If so, then thats pretty cheap. At the very least we should be able to make up what we say to each other. :(

Yup, thats exactly what it is!

Anyone else feel like this is a slap in the face?

Decent online communication even with friend codes? Ha, you're joking.

Yeah, you would have hoped that if there was gonna be text chat in it that they would have allowed you to make up your own phrases like Brawl is gonna be.

The ideal would have been to introduce chat and a headset with this. It should still be amazing to play online, but it feels like they are cutting corners.

I don't see the point of enabling "communication" if it ends up like this. Nothing would have require less work and have the same results.