NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

WHAT THE HELL.

It looks like a fucking upscaled Mario Kart DS. What in CHRIST.

It's weird how the graphics look like Nintendo's B-team have been making it...

I mean, come on! Nintendo's new philosophy seems to be less is more, but seriously, surely they could make it look a little better?

Wow... i'm sure this is going to look fantastic on my HDTV ¬_¬

Was this a "holy shit we need a Mario Kart game, throw one out." kinda thing?

maybe they made the front of the cars look crap because you never see them ? (saves processing power??)

....or maybe the wii has shit gamecube 1.5 graphics?

I wonder if the glitches from DD tracks have been taken out eg waluigi circuit

maybe they made the front of the cars crap looking because you never see them ? (saves processing power??)

mario_screen009.jpg

Double Dash!! looks better for crying out loud.

as we are all fanboys....we must say that NINTENDO is wonderful and honest. no getting any bullshots here (ahem ubisoft). Although, they are hardly hand picked!

Wow... i'm sure this is going to look fantastic on my HDTV ¬_¬

Was this a "holy shit we need a Mario Kart game, throw one out." kinda thing?

lol, you know what...it does look slightly 'rushed' if i'm being honest, it's not too shabby, but it feels...dare i say it....should i say it....i'm going for it.....more.....aimed at casual gamers?! I'm sorry, but it just feels like that, even if it isn't, i have no-idea why, it's all 'typical' nintendo stuff...perhaps it's the free wheel? lol!

Perhaps it just looks that way, in a kinda marketing perspective, other then that it's obviously for the Ninty fans!

I wonder if this game will be even more HUGE in Europe?

There must be some excuse. I dont mind too much because the tracks items and Effing Boo playable = win.

OT

I just had a multiplayer bash on Strikers with a friend with wario and all Boo's and it was immense. Boo's just slamming the passes and when it goes white get wario to slam it in. His fart move must be the best special along with diddy kong, though i havent tried using peteys before, its mud right (who is usually great)

It was the deciding series best of 3, went 1 nil down, came back to win 2-1 with a 5-4 victory. Twas epic, since i was losing 4-1 in the last game. I did the fart and orange megastrike, got 2 goals and then did Boo's little defensive move past the keeper and tapped it in for the winner. Yes!

maybe there will be a new mario kart on the ds that is totally compatible with the wii version for multiplayer. The graphics downgrade therefore necessary to make the games equivalent.

Does this actually have a name thingy or is it just MK Wii?

Can anyone jump on my 'DS is crap'? bandwagon

There were 2 games i liked, which were inevitable nin franchises.

Ehrm...

screenshot_192935.jpg

I hope it has a good sense of speed?

I kid!

I actually though we were being a little harsh on the visuals. However, thats shocking. I'm not even sure its come from a B-Team... Maybe its been developed by Sony? :heh:

MK Wii still looks good in motion, it seems more smooth or something compared to double dash.. i can't quite put my finger on it but if you watch the new trailer you might get what i mean. It will look better than double dash for me anyway cuz it will be in 480p widescreen :) so i'm not worried.

Oh and lets not forget, no more snaking! :yay:

**OT. DS does what nintendo wanted it to do, it has massive appeal to nearly all age groups. My sister wants one and she's 30, women who i work with have one or want one.. i have never seen this kind of appeal in a console. i like my DS but don't play it that often, it's good to play when your having a crap and are in no rush :heh: It beats a PSP anyway, i sold mine after 2 weeks.

I actually though we were being a little harsh on the visuals. However, thats shocking. I'm not even sure its come from a B-Team... Maybe its been developed by Sony? :heh:

Man when i was complaining about the graphics, I really wish I posted one of these pics as they have been up on CVG for about a week now and I was truly shocked at the 'quality' on show. And it would have backed up my claims. Anyways, still looking more forward to this than the much more polished Super Smash Bros Brawl.

I'm not even sure its come from a B-Team... Maybe its been developed by Sony? :heh:

If it was made by Sony in house (or 2nd party) it'd look something more like this:

p22arx5.jpg

932369_20070825_screen005.jpg

uncharted-drakes-fortune-20070516073339648.jpg

Trust me, i'm no fanboy. I adore all 3 console makers, but saying such things is really not right.

It's funny how after seeing select screenshots people are calling the game "rushed" and somehow forgetting all the cool news about gameplay additions and content from the last few weeks and how it sounds awesome to play.

There was no "rushing", Nintendo just specifically decided from the get go they weren't going to try anything at all visually with the title and I think have deliberately held it back so they can have more racers without a single chance of any slowdown whatsoever.

If it was made by Sony in house (or 2nd party) it'd look something more like this:

Trust me, i'm no fanboy. I adore all 3 console makers, but saying such things is really not right.

I was actually being ironic. Sony are hardly likely to put any effort into a Nintendo game.

I really don't give a crap about this game. And it's not the graphics, honestly i wouldn't care if it looked like the 64 iteration, it's just it seems to be some shovelware racer as opposed to Mario Kart. To me it looks like it lacks those core driving mechanics that made DS, 64 and the original great, and instead it's some one time play, but at least your five year old can pick it up.

they could save the game by adding lots of blood and a lightsabre

I agree a lightsaber weapon would be awesome :awesome: Quality idea! Blood too.

I really don't give a crap about this game. And it's not the graphics, honestly i wouldn't care if it looked like the 64 iteration, it's just it seems to be some shovelware racer as opposed to Mario Kart. To me it looks like it lacks those core driving mechanics that made DS, 64 and the original great, and instead it's some one time play, but at least your five year old can pick it up.

Hard to tell yet but i don't think its possible that an MK game can be bad. (imo) Love 'em. Wii market could change everything however.

Could the graphics be bad because they are really old pictures but just labelled new because the videos look better.

I think this is the screen shot that we need to be focusing on:

mkwiifk3.jpg

*drools* :love:

Sure the models are low poly, but...

Awesome draw distance + depth of field? Check.

Good texturing? Check.

Beautiful lighting effects? Check.

Add 12 players and 60fps in to the mix and I think it looks pretty damn good. icon14.gif

Think its just a bad screenshot? Since that one looks pretty nice Red Shell.