N-Europe

Your Era of Choice

Fierce_LiNk

I was thinking about this alot today, whilst talking with friends.

Basically, which era do you feel you "belong" to? A good friend of mine would probably be right at home in the 60s or the 50s, around there. Myself, I think I'm always going to be stuck in the 90s. My favourite music is from there, and there's some cracking films from that era as well. It'll always hold a special place in my heart. :)

70's all the way...man.

a bit mental, hippyish, parties and music.

(ignoring all the bad stuff that happened in that decade)

the again the 90's was an awesome decade. Great movies, good music, great fun. Then again I was no older than 9 so i am bound to remember them well.

Ive always loved to boast about being a 90's kid, however, after watching the likes of Life on Mars i would love to go back to the 70's (not like i was ever there like...).

It seems fashion had no shame at that time, and although i probably wouldnt be able to get by without my daily pleasures, society back then seemed alot less Prat-like. Id love to ellaborate on that point, but instead ill just refer you to Connors editorial, kindof sums it up.

^^^ Your sig compliments mine MCJ ;P

I would love to go back to the 60's purely for all the musical greatness back then. I would be a gig whore like I am now but back then It would be so much better. Maybe

I liked the 90's aswell due to climbing out of the 80's and the arrival of brit pop which led onto me becoming a gig whore Indie slut.

Why does my life revolve around music?

Dunno really, sometime in the past before industry lol but probably not as a peasant or anything

after watching the likes of Life on Mars i would love to go back to the 70's (not like i was ever there like...).

Agreed! Would love to live that life, plus I love 60's and 70's music, so all those bands would still be around. Roger Moore would also be James Bond at the cinemas, and cinema-going was a big event in those days too, so seeing films could be more special.

There's no era I feel I belong to. Each decade had it's own thing to offer. 80's was the metal age, and there will never be a time like that again, so that's what I tend to identify with.

Akin to Jimmy from Look Back In Anger, I don't really know where I fit in. I suppose I'm a bit of an oddball.

A time when there was very little tech (as mentioned before). A time when real things mattered to people not just their status or posessions. When survival was important and humans still felt small in the world.

Ive always loved to boast about being a 90's kid, however, after watching the likes of Life on Mars i would love to go back to the 70's (not like i was ever there like...).

It seems fashion had no shame at that time, and although i probably wouldnt be able to get by without my daily pleasures, society back then seemed alot less Prat-like. Id love to ellaborate on that point, but instead ill just refer you to Connors editorial, kindof sums it up.

^^^ Your sig compliments mine MCJ ;P

I love you sig. It's like the sig i hope to create. I might be a hippie.

wait did you slag my sig:heh:

If I could go back to any era from the last decade, It would be London in the height of the "Swinging Sixties".

But yeah, I'm pretty happy with the fix we got now.

Any era from the last decade O-o

Please say you meant century >_<

THE 80s for everything. Music cartoons and movies....
I'm such an 80s slut bitch it's ridiculous: I love the music, the films, the comedy hair..man, it was awesome. It was also kicked off by The Best Song Ever.

Fucking right doggies.

Does anyone else have a Reflex that they frequent?