N-Europe

One 3rd Party, One Choice.

Hero-of-Time

What with all the 3rd parties now starting to see the potential of the Wii and shifting their titles towards the console I was wondering about the following question.

If Nintendo was to buy ANY 3rd party company which would you want them to buy and why?

My choice would have to go to Capcom. The company has such a great back catalogue of games, characters and franchises. Getting all the Resident Evil games exclusive aswell as the DMC, Onimusha and Megaman series would simply be awesome. Also throw in a new Powerstone and we would certainly be onto a winning combination.

Capcom have proved themselves before with handling a few of the handheld Zelda titles, so if Nintendo gave them one of their own franchises to work on then I dont think there would be anything to worry about.

Lastly I have big respect for Capcom purely for their support for the Sega Saturn and the Dreamcast. With all of these thing that I have mentioned Capcom would be the choice for me.

Your turn! :smile:

Capcom would be my choice as well (for much the same reasons as you)!

Resi is probably my favourite non-Nintendo franchise and I'd love to see all the series on Wii.

RE:CV and Powerstone were 2 of my favourite Dreamcast games.

They have constantly shown themselves to be an awesome developer through ever generation of console; having never really slipped up (unlike Sega or Rare)!

And they really make good use of the hardware; Resi 4!

- A second choice would be Sega in the hope Nintendo could sort them out!! And also give us Shenmue 3!

I would say Free Ridical Design - They are the impoirtant part of Rare, still make great games. Sure, they don't make them as often as I'd like, but Nintendo could help with that. (It would be even better if they re-bought Rare, and merged the two)

I would've said capcom a while back too, but going on current performances I'd say E3!

They seem to be the only 3rd party that show evidence of putting effort into their games!

...ok then, I still Capcom! ha ha!

Probably Konami. Nintendo have a good relationship with Capcom, and a purchase wouldn't really bring about any real benefits. Konami on the otherhand have a wealth of properties which are unexploited on Nintendo platforms - and a number of major crowd pleasers.

But that said, for the price of Capcom or Konami, i'd prefer a number of smaller developers to be bought - Free Radical, Silicon Knights, Kuju for example.

Only if they didn't do the "Dark Alliance" series and did the original engine.

With the Wii cursor...*drools at the possibilities*

Dark Alliance wasn't worthy of the Baldur's Gate moniker, hence, it wasn't made by Bioware either (Snowblind for I, and Black Isle for II).

mmmmmmmm... Possibilities...

Konami for me too. They've made the best use of the Wii Remote out of all the third party developers so far I reckon, with Eledees.

And as davidredge pointed out, they have a great catalogue of franchises.

Most of which I would love to see on Wii, but none more so than Mystical Ninja! If that game ever makes it I'll be very happy indeed. :smile:

I would say Free Ridical Design - They are the impoirtant part of Rare, still make great games. Sure, they don't make them as often as I'd like, but Nintendo could help with that. (It would be even better if they re-bought Rare, and merged the two)

Do you understand why there are two companies in the first place? You can't fuse them, since that was the reason for starting Frre Radical in the first place.

If I were Nintendo, I'de put my money on smaller studios. We all known what they did with Retro Studios - and I am hoping to see that happening to different developers, too. If I were Nintendo, I'de buy SEGA just for the culture they have and for the final merger of Mario and Sonic. it would also have the msot impact on the gameindustry (apart from first parties buying first parties)...

Do you understand why there are two companies in the first place? You can't fuse them, since that was the reason for starting Frre Radical in the first place.

I mean fuse their franchises - As in letting FRD make games that belong to Rare (Perfect Dark, for example).

Capcom is the best 3rd party developer out there, the last thing i want is Nintendo influencing/restricting what Capcom creates.

If i had to pick though, id go with Tecmo. They're games offer a nice contrast to Nintendo's

I would like to see Milestone purchased by Nintendo. They're a smallish company and made the last ever Dreamcast game, and have a decent backcatalogue of Dreamcast games. They're making Karous for Wii but I think a purchase is necessary.