N-Europe

Instant Messaging Slang in Real Life

Whizkid

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Txt speak annoys the crap out of me. Having an msn convo with someone who talks in txt speak is just really off-putting, and sometimes I can't bring myself to do it.

I have said roffle-lamayo in real life, but it's usually when something on telly is unfunny, so sarcasm. Most of the times I just laugh out loud and say HAHAHAHAHAHHA. I crack myself up sometimes. ;)

But argh. Txt speak should be banned. :heh:

Yes lul means

:shock: dick :shock:

Do you read dictionaries for fun though?

lol, i dated someone dutch for about 3 years, so i know a bit, but i should really be fluent.

I had also been taking japenese classes since september, but my teacher has been off sick all this year.

Oh and my fave dutch swear word has to be cloudsukre (i know its spelt wrong), it makes me picture captain planet, lol - as i just hear 'cloud sucker'.

lol, i dated someone dutch for about 3 years, so i know a bit, but i should really be fluent.

I had also been taking japenese classes since september, but my teacher has been off sick all this year.

Oh and my fave dutch swear word has to be cloudsukre (i know its spelt wrong), it makes me picture captain planet, lol - as i just hear 'cloud sucker'.

mine's 'kipneuker', however the spelling :)

I say a few words fairly frequently - lol, noob, b-r-b, b-k, omg... etc. It's teh funneh!

I dunno if I actually do it IRL or not, I was going to say I don't, but now I'm not so sure that I think about it. Sometimes I spell things like rofl and lmao out on msn and forums how they would sound, if actually pronounced. Sometimes I say wtf mayte too, from the end of the world flash. Call my friend a noob sometimes, then we start talking in internets speak and try and sell each other shrimp, because we are two very normal human beings.

As for owned, is that strictly an internet thing? I use it in real life sometimes, and sometimes pwned and pooned to really annoy someone I know, cos it's quite fun annoying him.

How I mine for fish?

I often say things like lamayo, omfg, n00b etc. taking the mickey. But I've started doing it often now. It's becoming a habit.

lol, why would you be mining for fish?

I think it's much funnier spelling stuff like rofl, lol, lmao how they would actually sound, because they've just become so far from what they actually are. I'd say 90% of lols are not even real lols.

lol! That just reminded me of when I went to the cinema recently to see something with my friend only I can't remember what it was we went to see and there was some people in the audience as the trailers and stuff was coming up just shouting out stuff like lol noob roffle etc, was kind of funny because I realised how sad I was finding it funny. I haven't got a clue what the hell we saw though, and now it's bugging me.

Am I the only one who finds the fact the thread title is spelt wrong funny considering the thread is about poor english?

I noticed it too, but couldn't be bothered changing it as it meant going to another page. :heh:

Although I have recently found out that you can change the page title by double-clicking it on the forum display and a text box appears.

(Changed now by the way)

Even "y"?
Well, when I say that, I mean they shorten many words with x or k, example:

[22:01] :[:[;)Enri:P:[:[: vale

[22:01] :[:[;)Enri:P:[:[: po weno xau

[22:01] :[:[;)Enri:P:[:[: adio

[22:01] :[:[;)Enri:P:[:[: y gracias

[21:56] Owen: Pues esto es lo que dice el correo

[21:56] :[:[;)Enri:P:[:[: y si no pago k me acen??

[21:56] Owen: eBay puede cerrar tu cuenta

[21:56] :[:[;)Enri:P:[:[: y yata??

[21:54] :[:[;)Enri:P:[:[: ta llegao ahroa??

[21:55] :[:[;)Enri:P:[:[: oweno tu

[21:55] :[:[;)Enri:P:[:[: escuxame arhoa solo a mi

[21:55] :[:[;)Enri:P:[:[: k es inportante coño

Conversations with my Spanish friend, Enrique.