Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Meaning of Life

Ant-Shimmin

We rot in the ground, brains no longer functional so we don't actually know we're dead which is nice. Nothingness should be pleasant and I'd sure like to believe we're going to heaven or hell, but it's a little far-fetched.

Not that religious teachings and beliefs are bad. I mean, most religions do present a pretty solid guideline to adhere to in life - except the ones that demand bombs on busses. If anything, the religious meaning of life is to be a good person.

Of course you can always pervert the religious meaning of life with your own observations, thoughts and desires. Of course we must consider the biological meaning of life, which is surely for us humans to reproduce and continue our species.

My genuine opinion is that, waffle aside and going back to a previous point, it's a personal thing we all come to identify for ourselves eventually.

The question then is... has anyone here identified the meaning of their life? I certainly haven't.

Is this about the meaning of life or what happens when we die? Because in my view those are two very different things. When it comes to what happens after we die, I don't think of it as being anything. I mean, there's nothing, what was there before you were born? That's what it is after you die, and people are foolish for thinking otherwise.

Is this about the meaning of life or what happens when we die? Because in my view those are two very different things. When it comes to what happens after we die, I don't think of it as being anything. I mean, there's nothing, what was there before you were born? That's what it is after you die, and people are foolish for thinking otherwise.

This is true.

Hmm, the meaning of life. I've always had beliefs about there being an afterlife and the almighty, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have doubts. As far as I'm corcerned, it's ok to have doubts. Having doubts means that you are thinking about it, and actually taking an interest, rather than following blindly.

At the moment, I just don't know. Sorta losing faith in a lot of things at the moment.

The meaning of life in terms of how we are bound to this world is simple:

To attain nutrients and energy via various food sources, to grow and advance the human functions. Once this stage is complete to a sufficient level developing human life forms are then put into learning camps called “schools” and fed information through the use of advanced human life forms which usually have a higher level of intelligence, and are known as “teachers.” At the age of 16 (within the United Kingdom) the developed human life forms (dhlfs) are then tested on their ability to retain gathered knowledge for which they are given a grade. (U being the lowest A+ being the highest.) According to the given grade the dhlfs will have different paths to follow but essentially the outcome is the same. Dhlf’s go on to be come Advanced human life forms, (ahlfs) although some tend to contain faults which stop them from functioning properly. They will have to work long hours to gain wealth and status and usually fall under ahlfs known as a “boss” or “manager”. They tend to have more wealth and status than lower level ahlfs and will not hesitate to “fire” ahlfs that have a poor level of performance. Therefore a main goal for many ahlfs is to attain wealth and status. The more of this they can gain the better. Those will little status or wealth tend to be screwed and beg more functional ahlfs for a trading item known as “money”. Also ahlfs are expected to reproduce due to their instincts which are embedded within their DNA. This gives them a need to have sexual relations with other ahlfs although ahlfs released from 1968 have an error in their code structure which makes them try to reproduce with versions of dhlfs and lower. Should this happen ahlfs caught doing this are imprisoned and put on a list to warn other ahlfs that they should protect their children from dysfunctional human life forms and throw bricks through their windows. Eventually all human life forms cease to function which can be brought on by various different causes. This is often referred to as “Death”

This article is: The meaning of life in terms of how we are bound to this world, written by forum member Ten10. This article only focuses on a group of human life forms and is not a true reflection of all human life that exists within the world

Is it possible to be purposely killed and instantly frozen, and be awoken a day later? If so, has anyone in the world done it to see if they know what happened between death and life?

Personally I don't think there's any way to know what comes after death or why the heck existence itself... exists, short of actually dying.

No one living will ever know, but you can't rule out the possibility. Heck you cannot rule out any possibility that is unproven

Of course, I'm not ruling it out, but I am assuming that there is nothing. People believing in afterlifes and all that malarky spend their lives living them for their afterlife(being good to get into heaven for example) or they spend their lives not doing stuff because they're too scared for some silly reason or whatever, why is this a problem?

Because I think in part the answer to the meaning of life lies in the phrase. Life. The point to life is itself, it has no meaning, except what it is. Life is to be lived, we are all born and we are all going to die, the only difference is what we do along the way. The meaning of life is to lead a full and rich one, or what that keeps you happy really, just live it. If you don't, then meh, you'll probably regret about a billion things in the last 5 seconds of your life, but when those 5 seconds are up you'll be dead anyway.