N-Europe

General Chit Chat

This is the place to chat about anything!

13157 topics in this forum

• 0 replies
    • 37 replies
    • 2.6k views
    • 28 replies
    • 2.2k views
  1. Opera DS

• 17 replies
    • 1.3k views
  2. Any Rugby Union fans here?

• 12 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. Depressing Music 1 2 3

• 73 replies
    • 4.1k views
  4. Running Processes

• 5 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 4.5k views
    • 13 replies
    • 1.3k views
    • 2 replies
  5. Raveparty :D

• 2 replies
  6. Alter Ego

• 0 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 1.4k views
  7. Cat Breeds

• 15 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. Spider-Man 3 pic here. 1 2 3

• 56 replies
    • 4.1k views
  9. Cool Clothes...??? 1 2 3

• 70 replies
    • 8.3k views
    • 0 replies
  10. lol?!? 1 2

• 26 replies
    • 2.7k views
  11. Films of 2006 1 2 3

• 53 replies
    • 3.6k views
  12. New unreal 2k7 screens

• 19 replies
    • 1.4k views
  13. Pod Casts

• 3 replies
  14. Booting up problem

• 1 reply
  15. Why Mozart?

• 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
    • 19 replies
    • 1.6k views
  16. Tattoo 1 2

• 33 replies
    • 2.9k views
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    • Feels like a bit of an empty gesture to rebrand your Halo Factory studio from a name based on Halo to... a name... also based on Halo. Also, UE5 is a terrible engine that is far too heavy for what it offers.  It runs like a dog's dinner on every piece of hardware out there and the #StutterStruggle is real on PC.  They'd honestly be better off sticking with UE4; or better yet, maybe actually taking advantage of their Bethesda acquisition and using ID Tech instead?
    • I mean it makes sense in that the entire AAA industry seems to have shifted to Unreal Engine over the course of the last decade (outside of proprietary engines), and Halo moving to UE5 is just one in a very long list of very public announcements of developers moving to the engine: there was CDPR after the whole Cyberpunk 2077 fiasco; Respawn I think have said that they're moving to UE5; The Coalition was one of the first big names to put attach themselves to the engine; Valorant recently had a UE5 announcement; the next Tomb Raider was said to be built in UE5 as far back as 2022; and so on. It's a long list and so they're in good company, I think it only makes sense that the AAA space has started to lean on one particular engine - though I'm not saying that it's necessarily good - especially with how learning a new engine at every new job in an industry which seems hellbent on making every dev jobless at some point was never going to work.  Ultimately, it is what 343i, now Halo Studios, decide to make of it. Unreal Engine has seen some great games and some absolutely awful ones in equal measure, and I feel like it was undeniable last gen on UE4 that a good number of games certainly ended up with a similar look and feel, which seems to have pivoted into stronger art direction taking centre stage; Arkham Knight on UE3 looks gorgeous to this day and is still my favourite example that new tech coming in means very little without great workers behind it. Halo Infinite was seemingly a mess in development until Staten came onboard to salvage what he could, but was that on the engine, necessarily? Probably not, it was probably down to 343 just not having a strong idea of what they wanted to achieve with the game, or a realistic way in which to bring that idea to fruition.  I think this is a move they've made just to have an engine that simply works (ironic considering it doesn't really feel like anyone's done a great job with UE5 yet, at least if you go off what the Digital Foundry guys believe) – does what it says on the tin, Bob's your uncle, and everyone knows and likes him. I'll need to read up on it more because the biggest question on my mind right now is whether this was a 343/Halo Studios decision, or an Xbox decision.  And yes I'm thinking that because surely if it were up to Xbox they should be pushing for Bethesda (Game Studios, not id) to do the same, right? Considering that they're effectively running games on a super old engine and *surprise* it's become even more obviously broken with every new release for like a decade. Fallout 76 and Starfield in particular seemed to launch in absolutely atrocious states. So yeah, Elder Scrolls VI on UE...7, I guess? 
    • Nintendo eShop new releases (week 40) The fourtieth week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop. Check the article for the full roundup. - - - - - Here's a recently posted article... New GBA titles added to Nintendo Switch Online October 2024 See you next week!
    • 343 Industries rebrands as Halo Studios with development of the Halo series seemingly moving to Unreal Engine 5 instead of proprietary software. Not sure if this warrants its own thread, but I thought it might bring back a spark of conversation to the Xbox thread at least.
    • Hanafuda 64: An Angel’s Promise   JP release: 5th November 1999 PAL release: N/A NA release: N/A Developer: Altron Publisher: Altron Original Name: 64 Hanafuda: Tenshi no Yakusoku N64 Magazine Score: N/A Nintendo has a long history with Hanafuda – they produced cards long, long before video games existed. While it doesn’t directly link to this game, it’s still worth noting. I have my own deck of Nintendo Hanafuda cards, and they look lovely, even if I have no idea what to do with them. Hanafuda are a type of playing card used for multiple games, such a set-matching card game where you are trying to build “seasons” of four cards. I didn’t quite get the hang of it, and there are lots of visual aspects of the cards – the printed ones look stunning. The main mode is a story mode. I didn’t get far due to my lack of skill at the game, but it involves a guy returning to a city based on a promise he made years ago. The first person he meets has a broken bike, so you fix it and she asks if you play Hanafuda. When you lose, you do get a little cutscene (she accuses you of going easy on her), which is nicer than just a game over. I presume that the story will eventually go into a romance direction, and it’s one of those where you have to win every time to progress. Outside of story, you can play different types of Hanafuda against CPU opponents, with various options you can change for each type. It seems to be a very well made Hanafuda game, especially with the main story. ? Remake or remaster? For digital versions of Hanafuda, Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics is a good version. Official ways to get the game. There is no official way to get Hanafuda 64: An Angel’s Promise
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1.9m