N-Europe

General Chit Chat

This is the place to chat about anything!

13157 topics in this forum

• 54 replies
    • 3.4k views
  1. I Am Harry Potter

• 6 replies
  2. The Trip

• 15 replies
    • 1.7k views
  3. Apartments/Flats

• 18 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 81 replies
    • 4.5k views
    • 21 replies
    • 1.6k views
  4. The Ikea Thread 1 2

• 28 replies
    • 3k views
    • 41 replies
    • 2.7k views
  5. It's Movember!!! 1 2 3

• 68 replies
    • 6.1k views
    • 41 replies
    • 2.5k views
    • 23 replies
    • 1.8k views
  6. iPhone 4/iOS4 1 2 3 4 31

• 755 replies
    • 51.3k views
  7. He's a Giant in My Eyes 1 2

• 25 replies
    • 2.1k views
  8. Beggars 1 2

• 44 replies
    • 12.6k views
  9. That's So Not Raven 1 2

• 38 replies
    • 4.1k views
  10. Stephen King

• 11 replies
    • 1k views
    • 96 replies
    • 5.5k views
  11. Virgin Media TiVo

• 12 replies
    • 2.1k views
  12. Nicolas Cage's Agent

• 10 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 614 replies
    • 32.4k views
    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
  13. Girls (and Boys) on Film 1 2

• 32 replies
    • 2.2k views
  14. Matt Lees

• 13 replies
    • 1k views
  15. Bad Neighbours 1 2

• 28 replies
    • 2.7k views
  16. Cabaret

• 4 replies
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    • Feel like it's a tough one to get a read on considering the might of digital sales in the UK these days, not to mention Ubisoft+ Premium having Early Access bundled in, etc.  That being said, I'm still a bit surprised. I know they said before that they were ramping up marketing and spending more than they ever have before, and I defended them when they announced it because I didn't think it would pick up until August, but anecdotally, I just haven't seen it.  I don't even think it's down to the reviews, though perhaps the Early Access word of mouth has only strengthened the general "mixed bag" outlook on the game (even if I personally still think this game has got off very lightly, all things considered), what with the bugs and it just feeling very uninspired (or, perhaps, inspired by too many different places).  I think it's simply a case, honestly, of this not being an Outlaws game which goes all the way (a la GTA), and so it perhaps lacks that appeal when compared to a generally linear game where you get to play as a Jedi with a lightsaber, and not being marketed well enough. Perhaps it's the pricing, too – it's a known quantity that Ubisoft games get steep discounts just a few months after release, and so asking for £70 for a game which has perfectly timed its release to be £30 or less during Black Friday sales was always asking a lot.  I'm not sure I'd feel confident in basing this off of this info coming out, but I do also wonder if we've just hit another strange time for Star Wars where the general conversation just isn't there, perhaps with there being too much content all at once. This isn't the first time that Star Wars has released a game so close to a Disney+ show, what with Fallen Order coming out during the initial S1 run of The Mandalorian and Jedi Survivor coming off the back of The Mandalorian S3 last year, but this is the first time it's happened during the summer and it's off the back of a very middling show in The Acolyte. There were other reasons for Solo's unfortunate failure, but reactions to The Last Jedi being so contentious was certainly one of them.  Guess we'll just need to wait and see what happens with upcoming Star Wars projects, though there aren't any ready to come out hot on the heels of this. Off the top of my head we have Respawn's strategy game which we know nothing about, Respawn's Jedi trilogy closer (which, let's be honest, will probably not hit until 2026/2027 towards the end of this gen), Eclipse which seems stuck in limbo because Quantic Dream, the KOTOR Remake which seems very unlikely to ever see the light of day, and Amy Hennig's second attempt at a Star Wars game with Skydance.  Yeah, not exactly inspiring much confidence in me right now      UPDATE:  
    • There are five Link's Awakening art icons.  
    • Looks like the force is weak with this one.  
    • I'm catching up on the latest season of each of the Star Treks. I decided to start with Prodigy Season 2 and it's absolutely brilliant. While it's aimed at kids, it doesn't treat kids like idiots and there are some surprising connections (one of which improves another show). They even managed to make a character that was dull as dishwasher into someone interesting. 
    • I see James Darren has passed away. RIP Vic Fontaine.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1.9m