N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN...

THE TRUE SUCCESSOR OF L (unlike Near):

MISTEEEEEEEEEEEEER EIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Seriously, last chapter of Bakuman proves it.

Speaking of I rented that (well Drift Racer or whatever its called) from work today. Always meant to get into it and watching one random film (presume theres a few) is easier than starting from the beginning of the manga or anime.

The live action movie? It's fantastic, even if you don't like the anime or manga. Well, it could only be great considering the team :P Chapman To does a fantastic job.

Am I the only one that thought Naruto going for the kill alone was forced? I mean, it was 5 vs 1. There could have been something else instead of a "Main character saves the day!"

But the jutsu itself was damn awesome. Loved it but I liked the previous few episodes more.

I wonder what kind of manga it was.:indeed:

It seems it's not legal in the US.

Actor Keanu Reeves told the MTV Movies Blog that he hopes to play the lead role in Twentieth Century Fox's proposed live-action film adaptation of Sunrise's Cowboy Bebop multi-genre action anime series. Erwin Stoff, a film producer who worked closely with Reeves on The Matrix and A Scanner Darkly, told the IFMagazine.com entertainment website in July that a film development deal was signed. Stoff and Reeves both emphasized a desire to remain faithful to the original work.

Reeves said that Cowboy Bebop's "Western film noir aspect, […] that kind of Old West, bordertown, low-tech science fiction aspect" attracted him to the project. He added that Stoff and the development team have already hired a writer who is penning a scene outline. Right now, the outline includes a drug, developed by the military, that is partially based on an element from the anime. Reeves explained, "We're taking the Red Eye [story], the beginning part of the series." He acknowledged that the episodic nature of the story will be difficult to adapt into a feature-length work: "[…] It's got so much of an origin-story obligation; you've got to get people up to speed, but you don't want to do much of that. There are a lot of things to take into consideration, but we think we can do something good."

Reeves is self-professed fan of anime and science fiction. He personally attended the opening day of the first (and last) North American branch of Japan's ANIMATE store chain in Los Angeles on December 23, 2000. He also reprised his Neo role from The Matrix in the Japanese-animated "Kid's Story" segment of The Animatrix video anthology. Not coincidentally, "Kid's Story" was directed by Cowboy Bebop director and co-scriptwriter Shinichiro Watanabe.

Watanabe's original Cowboy Bebop series follows the motley crew of the spaceship Bebop as it travels throughout the solar system in search of the next job. The anime distributor Bandai Entertainment and Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming block released the 1998 television series in the United States, and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment released the subsequent 2001 animated movie. The anime was also adapted into two separate manga series, and Tokyopop released both manga series in North America.

If this is the end of Kakuzu, Kishimoto is a retard. Naruto just became a very uninteresting character. But wait, to cover that all up, kishimoto adds in a new problem: now he can't use his big gun (kishimoto must've got this repetition fetish from DBZ) There, that should keep him interesting enough.

By the way, there's always a fictional explanation for everything (one of my favourite things about Naruto), so why the hell is Hidan immortal? Plus, considering the other akatsuki knew where the fight was and also considering Zetsu's ability, Hidan should be back on his feet in no time, correct?

If this is the end of Kakuzu, Kishimoto is a retard. Naruto just became a very uninteresting character. But wait, to cover that all up, kishimoto adds in a new problem: now he can't use his big gun (kishimoto must've got this repetition fetish from DBZ) There, that should keep him interesting enough.

By the way, there's always a fictional explanation for everything (one of my favourite things about Naruto), so why the hell is Hidan immortal? Plus, considering the other akatsuki knew where the fight was and also considering Zetsu's ability, Hidan should be back on his feet in no time, correct?

A wizard did it is always a good explanation. It's not the kind of thing they can explain like that and honestly they don't need to.

I don't see what's the problem with Kakuzu, or Hidan for that matter dying, they're awesome, but that doesn't mean they could add more to the story.

I also don't see what Naruto's problem has anything to do with repetition, it really made things much more interesting. This way, they finally made the main character show his value, but didn't make him the most powerful ninja ever considering he's like 16 or whatever.

What I can't for the life of me understand is how they let pass drawings that appear to be made by 2 year olds. Seriously, I don't think I ever saw so many crappy drawing in one episode, it's just ridiculous. Kurenai looked like she was holding her vagina for example. wtf

A wizard did it is always a good explanation. It's not the kind of thing they can explain like that and honestly they don't need to.

I don't see what's the problem with Kakuzu, or Hidan for that matter dying, they're awesome, but that doesn't mean they could add more to the story.

I also don't see what Naruto's problem has anything to do with repetition, it really made things much more interesting. This way, they finally made the main character show his value, but didn't make him the most powerful ninja ever considering he's like 16 or whatever.

What I can't for the life of me understand is how they let pass drawings that appear to be made by 2 year olds. Seriously, I don't think I ever saw so many crappy drawing in one episode, it's just ridiculous. Kurenai looked like she was holding her vagina for example. wtf

Nah, I think it was cool that Hidan "died" (although he's alive, lol), I'm just assuming he'll be back in no time, since he's immortal (and having an immortal on your team is always nice) and Zetsu can go get him. As for Kakuzu, well, he's been alive at least since the inception of Konoha and he's obviously a very skilled fighter, so, if this new jutsu can take out 3 of his hearts in a single attack, I pretty much assume it's almost the best jutsu ever, and therefore, the fact that Naruto learned it is a bunch of crap. Firstly, because he learned it in no time (which makes sense, but is still poor character development, yet it gets the viewer/reader's blood pumping, so it kinda makes sense that kishimotot would do it), secondly because he has no level, maturity or experience(battle wise) to handle a technique like that, seeing that excluding Rasengan, he's pretty much at Chunin level. There's another exception, though: thirdly, because for every single thing about Naruto (the character), there's always a catch: he has the world's most powerfull demon within him, which makes him a very dangerous guy,, but he can't use it or he'll eventually loose it and go berserk and eventually... die. Now, he learns the most dangerous jutsu of the century, but he can't use it or else he'll lose his "powers". So what does that mean? Naruto is a mid level ninja with two very big guns he neither knows how to use or had to work for. He's the son of that which is considered the best ninja ever, and was born with all the genetic advantages possible, such as a ginormous amount of chakra, plus he has even more chakra from the nine tails, yet, all his advantages, as a warrior, are complete gimmicks! Stripped from his rasengan and the nine tails, he's just... average. And since his new technique can kill the cream of the crop, he's just become completely unbalanced. Kishimoto needed a way to keep him on top without relying on the nine tails, and instead of actually making him grow up and work for it, he just uses the sleaziest way possible to get him strong fast. I doubt kakashi would even think of letting him train like he did (the clone thing) unless akatsuki were after him, because he's bascially cheating, he doesn't have the experience he should have when he reached techniques of that level. I didn't say anything at the end of 88 because I thought "yep, there goes another one of kakuzu's hearts, let's see what Naruto'll do next", as that would have been good for Naruto (as a character). Killing Kakuzu instantly with just one attack? No way, the jutsu is too strong for the character, he's become completely unbalanced.

I believe this is my first serious beef with Naruto (the story). Mr Kishimoto, I am not pleased! Especially since you got me all fired up with the way you had Shikamaru deal with Asuma's death! Shame on you!

Edit:

Oh, and I know that from an experience point of view, the original body gets the experience of all the clones, but that's merely physicall training, no emotional (that sounds gay) or battle experience there... his maturity stays the same.

That's Naruto's whole thing, he is way too powerful, more than he can handle, I mean wasn't that kinda the point, since the beggining? That's why he basically did a Tajuu Kage Bunshin in the 1st episode but couldn't do it until much later on, that's why the first thing he summoned was Gamabunta and could only summon him another time, that's why the Kyuubi gets him out of control, etc... Not to mention, the jutsu isn't complete, it's not like he'll stop using it, just like the Kyuubi won't stop appearing. You're making it sound ridiculous by saying "he'll lose his powers", the chakra will fuck up his arm, it's pretty different. Not to mention, now his control over chakra is significantly more awesome, together with nature manipulation and good use of Kage Bunshin, he's a fucking awesome fighter.

Killing Kakuzu instantly was the way of showing Naruto always is overkill and doesn't have experience to balance it, the jutsu fucking him up is the way of proving that point further and not overpowering him. If something is too dangerous to be used, it's not that powerful or well made is it? Thus, not the ultimate technique. Let's not exagerate with the jutsu, being dangerous is relative, hitting with the fuuton-rasengan isn't exactly easy and can't be done all the time, if Naruto took Kakuzu head on from the start alone he couldn't do shit.

And each Kage Bunshin acts as a person, he learns everything a normal one would.

Shikamaru: Asuma was the coolest adult i knew

I always knew smoking made you cooler!

lol :bowdown:

That's Naruto's whole thing, he is way too powerful, more than he can handle, I mean wasn't that kinda the point, since the beggining? That's why he basically did a Tajuu Kage Bunshin in the 1st episode but couldn't do it until much later on, that's why the first thing he summoned was Gamabunta and could only summon him another time, that's why the Kyuubi gets him out of control, etc... Not to mention, the jutsu isn't complete, it's not like he'll stop using it, just like the Kyuubi won't stop appearing. You're making it sound ridiculous by saying "he'll lose his powers", the chakra will fuck up his arm, it's pretty different. Not to mention, now his control over chakra is significantly more awesome, together with nature manipulation and good use of Kage Bunshin, he's a fucking awesome fighter.

Killing Kakuzu instantly was the way of showing Naruto always is overkill and doesn't have experience to balance it, the jutsu fucking him up is the way of proving that point further and not overpowering him. If something is too dangerous to be used, it's not that powerful or well made is it? Thus, not the ultimate technique. Let's not exagerate with the jutsu, being dangerous is relative, hitting with the fuuton-rasengan isn't exactly easy and can't be done all the time, if Naruto took Kakuzu head on from the start alone he couldn't do shit.

And each Kage Bunshin acts as a person, he learns everything a normal one would.

What do you think I meant when I said that thing about Kishimoto and DBZ? That's my whole god damn point!! It's always the same. Over and over and over and over and over again! And this time he was building it up to be diifferent and I had my hopes up and BAM! Here it goes again, the same thing again. Except now he's even MORE unstable. Again.

As for the clones, I was expectig you to say that, that's why I wrote that edit up there, but I guess I was in a hurry writing it because I expected you to be able to read it before you replied and so it's quite short and unexplanatory. What I mean is... if he had trained normally, that would've taken him like 2 years or so. It's a whole proccess dealing with life while you're doing it! If you use the clones, you only use them while you're training, the only proccess they're going through is a physicall one. That's why I said it's like cheating, because he's getting the physicall advantage without the propper "life training". The only way for him to do it 1000 times faster and still retain the whole spiritual and life training would be to always keep the clones around except when sleeping! Because otherwise it's only his physicall training that's going 1000 times faster. His maturity and life experience are still going at regular 1x speed.

It's not just physical, it's pretty much everything, strategy, thoughts, etc... It's not like the training's flawless, but they did emphasise they wanted results fast. I don't see how it's the same. Naruto retains his characteristics yeah, wanting him to suddenly change completely would ruin any character credibility that's for sure, but I hardly see how it's always the same considering the huge advancements Naruto and the other characters made. I mean, he's obviously a much more skilled ninja now, he can control chakra much better, he can control nature manipulation, he controlling the Kyuubi, he still has to finish the jutsu (which by the way, was first used as just Fuuton Rasengan, so 2 new jutsus), etc In fact,the last thing the story can be criticized for at this point is being the same over and over again.

It's not just physical, it's pretty much everything, strategy, thoughts, etc... It's not like the training's flawless, but they did emphasise they wanted results fast. I don't see how it's the same. Naruto retains his characteristics yeah, wanting him to suddenly change completely would ruin any character credibility that's for sure, but I hardly see how it's always the same considering the huge advancements Naruto and the other characters made. I mean, he's obviously a much more skilled ninja now, he can control chakra much better, he can control nature manipulation, he controlling the Kyuubi, he still has to finish the jutsu (which by the way, was first used as just Fuuton Rasengan, so 2 new jutsus), etc In fact,the last thing the story can be criticized for at this point is being the same over and over again.

About the clones, you're not getting it: it's just physicall because the clones are only there when he's training, not when he finished up his training for the day and talks to his friends or goes out to have dinner or whatever... he's getting 1000 times the physicall training but he's only getting 1x life experience. Got it?

As for the rest, I'm not complaining about the story, I'm complaining about the character... I'm not expecting him to change overnight, I'm expecting him to evolve, as a character! I hate to say it, but I'm beggining to agree with everybody that Naruto's the worst thing about Naruto.

I've been watching the 3rd season of Hell Girl for a while now and its pretty good. If the subbing group could get episodes out quicker that would be great too. I've also been watching somthing called Nagasarete Airantou, somthing about a guy being washed up on an island of prepubescent girls. There really isn't any story to it, except for the first and last episode.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!