Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

ExciteTruck

Stocka

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's strange Owen, mine arrived today.

Just did the tutorial and a few races, it took me a while to get used to how it controls (kept trying to use the D-Pad to steer. :indeed::o ) But I think I'm getting the hang of it now.

It's really quite rewarding doing all these massive jumps and smashing through trees ect... And although you don't really notice when playing it's a great looking game too, I was kind of disappointed at first by the graphics but then I watched some replays of my races and was like... Wow! :laughing: There's a great sense of speed too, It moves like the car chases in old TV shows, like Knight Rider, you know how they speed them up a la Benny Hill. :heh:

The only downside for me is the soundtrack, I don't actually remember the last time I heard such awful music, in fact this might just be the worst I've ever heard! Thank God for the SD card option, I really feel for anyone that doesn't have an SD card!

Thank God for the SD card option, I really feel for anyone that doesn't have an SD card!

..I don't :sad: ..and even if I did, I don't have a card reader for the PC so I wouldn't be able to get music onto it..

..however.. is it possible that if you have a digital camera connected to the PC to transfer pictures, is it possible to put music onto the card that way? ..or even with a video camera? ..if that's the case then I will get one off amazon soon as they are really cheap (and I imagine I'll need one for the Wii somewhere down the line anyway)

..cool.. thanks for letting me know that, I'll get an SD card for next week then hopefully :hehe: ..and me da can use it with his video camera too to store pictures if he wants :heh:

..should hopefully be trying out the Photo Channel feature on the Wii finally tomorrow as it's my girlfriend's formal tonight and she'll be taking pictures with her camera.. and then we can view them on TV.. :yay:

...it's a fun pick-up 'n' play game.

Graphics are impressive enough, control is responsive and although the physics are from another dimension it's a really enjoyable game. It may be short but it's the sort of game you could just put on for a ten-minute blast here and there even after you've completed it. Worth the money!

..I am really looking forward to it now.. have watched a few videos on youtube of it in action this afternoon and I want it bad :heh:

..I just got an email from play.com saying my order has been posted.. so fingers crossed it makes it here tomorrow (though I have a feeling it won't come until monday unfortunately, by which time I will be heading off to uni during the week so I won't have a chance to play it until next weekend)

I can understand with the jumping stuff for this game, but wouldn't racers be better suited for having the buttons face you and holding it out like steering wheel type thing?

People who are playing it, or going to play it soon, could you keep a track of how much playtime you're putting into it, and let us know how long it takes you to like complete it and achieve everything? I'm gonna hold out for this, given money and time situations, but I'll fill in the gaps with some burnout revenge in the meanwhile.

Guest Stefkov

Ordering it off gameplay now, totally forgot it was out, I havnt been following the Wii front recently. Should get my Wii some play time again.

It's very simple, yet that makes it's extremely fun and easy to get into. Theres quite a few tracks (like stated earlier) which i'm happy about.

Just spent most of the afternoon putting MP3's on a SD card, the music ain't too bad in the game, but my own rocking music makes it even better!

What i liked about it, is that my dad played multiplayer with me and it was neck and neck throughout every race. The only reason why he kept losing is that i kept winning the races, but with a bit of practice i can see this being quite a battle to win.

Graphics are lovely, BUT i can't help thinking Gamecube could do better....Perhaps if things were 'smoothed' out a bit more it could just add that extra polish, overall though, really nice.

No major complaints here! Another great Wii game to add to the collection.

Though, i can't help thinking this should have been a launch game, and my suspicions were raised when i noticed that i'm sure this game is the USA one in PAL wrapping...so it was obviously held back to fill in the gaps, which i can understand i suppose, but it would have made a good launch title.

Nevermind. :)

Just played a little of it, seems ok, pretty much what was expected. I'll play it now and then, not sure how tilt control works for racing games really. PS3 games apparently haven't played better with tilt control, although I think this is probably as good as it can be.

What do people think to the controls?

Well the controls are most of the time fine, since the courses are somewhat built around the fact that you get less control from this sort of control scheme. Motorstorm on the PS3 controls in pretty much the same way really. Both handle well. It's hard to match it to a normal analogue stick because well... excite truck doesn't give you the option to.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!