NEurope
Stocka

ExciteTruck

The PC version supported custom soundtracks too.

I referred to Xbox version as DKC basically believed it was just PS2 hate.

Erm... okay. Nevertheless, Xbox Vice City wasn't the 'only' version to support custom soundtracks.

Sooo, anyone got this game already? (I do believe the US version was a launch game)

I've been thinking about getting this when its released over here in February, but I'm still not sure. The game looks like a LOT of fun, but I dont know how long it'll last me.

I'm a big fan of the Waverace games, and those kept my attention for a long time because of the steep learning-curve; and the ever changing weather-conditions kept the tracks from getting boring. So I guess in the end, that'll make or break Excitetruck for me.

Any hands-on impressions from someone? I'd especially like to hear from fellow Waverace fans that own it, how does it stack up?

I was really looking forward to this game and the custom soundtracks were the icing on the cake but judging by the reviews it's a very shallow game which is a real shame.

It showed so much much promise but has been receiving average reviews across the board - I do hope however other games have the foresight to use custom soundtracks especially racing games.

The game is meant to be great, just a bad multiplayer mean its a little on the shallow side. I'll probably get it anyway as it's the type of game I'd just enjoy playing anyway.

I also love Waverace on cube, the most underrated game on it of you ask me.

i've got it and it and its amazing

i'll probably do a review this afternoon

I hope you get knocked over by a truck, A BIG TRUCK!

Unless you give me your wii, right now. ;)

I think Excitetruck looks awesome. I'm really gutted this want a launch title and despite the poor reviews I will definatly be picking it up in February. Oh yeah and Waverace was truly awesome. I was dissapointed by the last level, I think that was because it was 3 years before I managed to finally reach it...

i dont know why this isn't a launch title for europe

(there isn't much text)

Obviously Nintendo want to start as they mean to go on - by delaying releases in Europe for no good reason.

Its just to make us await and make us more jealous.

I bet Nintendo Europe is owned by Americans.....Or maybet hose Germans as NHQ are just being Evil.

You never know...maybe they'll make a better, fully multiplayer one more towards the end of the consoles life, or for the Wii 2 :) I hope they don't skip Excitebike this Gen.

I've had it since launch, I got the day after I got my Wii, and it is a very fun game especially multiplayer. The only down side is it leave the little string connecting the strap very dirty, oh well.:hmm::woops: :horse: :D:love:

I don't think i'll be buying any of the racing games for Wii at the moment, not worth the money really for short and limited games. I'd like to see a realistic car game similar to GTA but actually decent... Although the novelty Ubisoft round piece of black pastic entices me a little, but not enough to purchase a copy of GT Pro Series...

Are people really that bothered that we are not getting it at launch? We should be happy that we're getting a steady flow of games, we have enough at launch!

Due to gamestations awesome deals I'm probably going to pick up monster or GT so Ill have the wheel, which will be awesome for ExciteTruck!!

excite truck is probably so much better.

its a first party nintendo title!

With a week left to go, this could do with a bump to avoid extra threads. (note: Could a mod add a space between "Excite" and "Truck").

Anyway, can't wait for this game. Using £25 from Super Monkey Ball trade-in and just under £7 of earned GAME points to get this.

..I feel like I'm going through a bit of a low period with games at the moment (well.. most things actually) and I'm kinda hoping that when Excite Truck arrives from play.com that it helps re-ignites my enthusiasm (they deliver for release date, yes?)

..I've been going around like a zombie for a week or two now.. dunno.. just.. need.. something.. totally lifeless at the minute :sad:

excite truck is probably so much better.

its a first party nintendo title!

Nah its second party, Monster Games made it, prob with help/advice from ninty. :)

It's probably been held back cos NoE realised theres very few 'big' games to release yet, especially from nintendo themselves. Likely the reason America are just getting Wii Play?

This game has been on my radar for a while, and since I love arcade racers I will definately be picking this up.

Saying it's shallow is kinda dumb, this is an arcade game. Yeah you don't have 300 unlockables and 500 hours of gameplay but it's the kind the game you feel like playing once in a while for a long time.