N-Europe

Universitay!

jayseven

Just thinking about finances. Incomings;

£70 a week incoming (based on 13 hour contact, £5.35 an hour when the min. wage goes up)

£30 rent (gas, food, electric included)

£13 a week travel (on average)

So that leaves me with £27 a week for everything else. Think I can get by...? (I know people are worse off, but just thinking out loud)

Not getting a student loan?

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not getting a student loan?

Yus, but life would be peachy if I don't dip into it. Its in a seperate bank account in case of emergencies.

Still not heard about that (ie what im getting), and the Government grant and all that. Need to get on their backs about that.

Yus, but life would be peachy if I don't dip into it. Its in a seperate bank account in case of emergencies.

Still not heard about that (ie what im getting), and the Government grant and all that. Need to get on their backs about that.

make sure you do!! they're not exactly the quickest! you think they'd have everything ready by term time but sometimes it feels like thats only when they get started!

I sent mine off the day before results day. I got the letter confirming the amount I am getting today, so there not always slow.

Oh crap.

The seventh person we got in at short notice for our house has dropped out, meaning we have to somehow find another person at even shorter notice, or pay for the extra rent ourselves. Cockfag.

Its only like an extra 10 pounds a week, but somepeople say they can't afford it, as its around 400 pounds for the year. Craptastic!

Anyone looking for a place to stay in Leamington Spa? 63.5 pounds a week plus gas/elec/etc?

Finally found my uni timetable (knew it was going to be this, but nice to have confirmation);

Semester One.

REPRESENTATION: BEGINNING MEDIA AND CULTURAL STUDIES - Monday 2-5

INTRODUCTION TO GENDER AND REPRESENTATION - Tuesday 1-5

INTRODUCTION TO DIGITAL MEDIA EQUIPMENT & TECHNIQUES - Weds 2-6

TIME BASED MEDIA IN CONTEXT - Thursday 2-6

Semester Two.

MEDIA AND THE MODERN WORLD - Monday 2-6

INTRODUCTION TO MEDIA HISTORY - Tuesday 2-5

INTRODUCTION TO JOURNALISM PRACTICE - Wednesday 2-5

INTRODUCTION TO DIGITAL VIDEO - Thursday 2-6

Man, I wish I was back at uni.

Get there and stay there as long as you can.

I did a year in London (imperial), 2 in manchester (the proper uni) and one in Nottingham uni. And I would dearly love to go back, but not many places let you do a masters when you get a 3rd! Might think about anouther undergrad, that'd be sweet.

There doesn't seem to be any part of my freshers week which isn't likely involve booze. I'm actually quite disturbed by the idea.

certifiable bullshit, good sir.

Unless you're studying in, say, an Amish community university, you *will* be spending the best part of the week under the influence.

Off to HYMS (Hull campus) to study medicine! 5 years of hard labour - hopefully be well worth it though..

I have a house ready for me which I'll be moving into on the 16th September, hopefully with 5 other (Im hoping: hot, female & single) people.

Pretty excited about it all - which is rare for me. I don't have my student account ready yet (NatWest free railcard ftw!) and my student finance got fucked up - so that's deleyed. Went around Ikea yesterday to pick up some bedding, pots & pans and other stuff that i -might- need. Mother and father are buying me a white coat and a stethoscope as a gift, the grandparents are buying my textbooks. Pretty nifty.

Anyway, better get back to work instead of writing replies before the boss sees!

Do you mean Hull Uni cause I go up on the 23rd to study Computer Science with Games Development, whee you staying

There doesn't seem to be any part of my freshers week which isn't likely involve booze. I'm actually quite disturbed by the idea.

I don't drink, but i still had an amazing time during my fresher's week. Being around people who do drink doesn't really bother me that much. As long as i'm having fun, and they're having fun, all is good.

#

You little poshy.

Sorry I should be staying there I haven't had any confirmation of where I am staying,when did find out.

Well I thought seen as its not me thats paying but someone else, I thought what the hell, plus I can have a few minutes lie in when it comes to going over for lectures.