N-Europe

Universitay!

jayseven

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you wouldn't be, trust me its a very bad idea to choose a university based on where your friends go.

Yeah, I've been told that, but I really can't see any other criteria for picking a uni, seeing as I can already get into most...I'm not good at settling into new places...

what subject?

You see, thats the problem, I don't know. Everyone I know already knows, but I have no idea, and I don't really know what I can do with my subjects. I was thinking about a Fine Art or Animation course with a minor in music, they might be fun, but I doubt they're gonna help any...

You see, thats the problem, I don't know. Everyone I know already knows, but I have no idea, and I don't really know what I can do with my subjects. I was thinking about a Fine Art or Animation course with a minor in music, they might be fun, but I doubt they're gonna help any...

what A levels are you doing and what do you enjoy the most?

what A levels are you doing and what do you enjoy the most?

Um, I'm doing Art, English Lit, Chem and Bio. I enjoy art the most, and Bio and English are good too. Chemistry, I simply hate less then the rest of the subjects there were to choose from..

hmmmm, the only thing to do is plugh through a few prospectuses looking at what he courses uni's offer, see what you think you'd enjoy most and look into it further.

or go to your careers people and chat.

Yeah I think I'll do that, lol everyones getting on my nerves going on about it these days. Cheeyas.

Yeah, I've been told that, but I really can't see any other criteria for picking a uni, seeing as I can already get into most...I'm not good at settling into new places...

Woah there Captain Complacency. Grades are most certainly not the sole coefficient in the UCAS process.

Case in point: I know someone who really nailed their A-levels with an AAAAAA but wasn't accepted into his first or second choice because he didn't have the personality.

i.e. You're going to have to get open-minded.

Woah there Captain Complacency. Grades are most certainly not the sole coefficient in the UCAS process.

Case in point: I know someone who really nailed their A-levels with an AAAAAA but wasn't accepted into his first or second choice because he didn't have the personality.

Fuckin hell, he must have been a bit of a chore then. *heeere it comes*

lmao!!!!

thats made me feel much better about myself and my grades (ABC)!

i have personality woooooo!

I'm at Warwick by the way, Politics BA. No news on accommodation as yet. The whole campus is self-catered though.

Which building you hoping to stay in. I know they showed me round a low-end kind of one and it was shoddy. Was speaking to my friend who goes there today actually.

Anywho, im going Worcester which is near me. About 30 mins by car, but as I don't have one its about 2 hours with walking, buses and all that shit. Im used to it, went to college there.

Studying Media and Cultural Studies with Creative Digital Media. Don't really want to do the camera shiz, but the scriptwriting module I want to do in the second year requries me to. Ah well.

And as far as accomodation; im moving in to my friend's house. She lives with her mom and her mom always said I could move in because im super helpful, and when some plans fell through I asked her if she was serious, and she was. Gotta go up there and decorate after I eat. Can't wait until its done, but could be a few weeks off. Still, £30 a week for food, rent, gas and electric is score. Plus, she's going to teach me how to cook, im going to teach her about computers.

Indeed and I got utterly rubbish A Level results and still got into my first choice despite being over a 100 UCAS points off it.

Couldn't find a'other thread...

OMFGTF! I'm off to Sheffield Hallam on the 15th, i am in a room NXT DOOR to Shorty, we've never met but we're about to rock up three years together. I stopped buying GC games about 18 months ago, but since the news of uni beckoned,I've increased my collection from 30 to 40 in about a month.

Shitting myself with the overload of loose ends i'm forced to tie up before i go - borrowed and lent things, banks and loans, work fucking me over with pay (their idea of 'compassionate leave' is to not pay me at all...), and trying to get my head around what exactly it is i'll need for the whole shebang..

I'm going self-catered, i have a minor array of foods i can prepare, but i'm just about ready to eat chips n' dips forevermore.

Who else is going where?

Sheffield is fun! some good nights I've had over the years...

I'm going to start my first year at the ETH in Zurich at the 23rd of October.

I have the course mechanical engineering.

Took me a very long time to decide but now I'm really looking forward to it.

Zurich isn't too far from home either, about two hours by car but I'll only come home at the weekend.

At the moment I have to work in a company to gain some experience with all the machines and have to write a large report about what I learned.

Er, Whitefields. £60 a week.

Hahahha!!! The only place to stay is Rootes!!! No-one cares for whitefields!!! Anyway, hope you have fun, might see you on campus unknowingly. Go look at J-12 of new rootes, that was my old room last year.

I'm heading back to Warwick to complete my 2nd year of General Engineering. Living in the wonderful town of Leamington Spa. Woo!

OMFGTF! I'm off to Sheffield Hallam on the 15th, i am in a room NXT DOOR to Shorty, we've never met but we're about to rock up three years together.

Cool, I'm going to the University of Sheffield (to do Physics and Astrophysics), which is only 20-mins away from Sheffield Hallam.

I'm starting my second year in NCI in Dublin, studying Accounting. I'm starting sometime around the 12th of September. I finished my first year at the end of April, so it has been nearly been 5 months. I'm really looking forward to going back, I really miss the social life in college.

Conzer, you'll love UCD. There are so many people studying there, it's like a little town.

Any of you Mofos going to Brighton? :)

Goodluck to all of you with your first year. It may seem scary at first, but once you get there, you'll never want to turn back. :)

To all you second and third years: Congrats. You've made it! :D

Hes so right when I got there I was quite nervous about it all. Now I love my course and have made some superb friends there and had many a great time at uni. Dont want to leave so Im doing a masters lol. :smile: