Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Your car falls in a river. What would you do?

Flaight

open the window asap, and get out through that. that (afaik) is the best option. if you are on your own.

if there are others, I'm not sure its as good an idea, as if someone panicks and can't get their belt off, chances are they'll drown, and you'd feel a bit bad after that (assuming everyone in the car was in some way or another close to you...

I think failing the window option is to wait until a door is completely under water, open said door and get out asap

Guest Stefkov

id hit myself with a hammer a few times to then realise that i have a hammer and smash the window. first id wait for the car to fill up with water, cos if i smash it early then the water would push me in.

if for some reason i dont have a hammer my second option would be to preted im a fish and see if i would be accepted ino a colony of fish, so then when i die of lack of oxygen i know someone at least loved me and will miss me when i die.

I'd ask tom tom. Then tom tom would say "Tom tom not designed for off road shenanigans. What are you doing you crazy fucker I said left."

To which I would have probably beat him to death...I hate you tom tom.

I don't know you but I like you :awesome:

Imagined that robot-y GPS voice telling me off :grin:

I would do one of 2 things...

Wind down the window, let the water rush in and then simply swim out of the car to freedom.

or

Open the sun roof and let the water rush in and then simply swim out of the car to freedom.

It sounds pretty easy and simple to me...why are lot going on about smashing windows and trying to open doors when you will still be able to wind down the windows unless your car has electric windows of course...then you're pretty much dead.

I would do one of 2 things...

Wind down the window, let the water rush in and then simply swim out of the car to freedom.

or

Open the sun roof and let the water rush in and then simply swim out of the car to freedom.

It sounds pretty easy and simple to me...why are lot going on about smashing windows and trying to open doors when you will still be able to wind down the windows unless your car has electric windows of course...then you're pretty much dead.

if you have a sun roof, and its big enough and you are quick, you could open it and get out before water starts gushing in.

but yeah, smashing glass when it has the force of water pushing it in towards you = very stupid.

At first I'd panic and try to open the door. If it works, nice.

If it doesn't I'll open a window and pray while the car is flooding. Then I'll open the door and swim to the surface.

But if I do it the traditional way I'd have abandoned (=jumped out of) the vehicle before it actually crashed/dropped into the water. But so far I only tried this with two-wheeled vehicles.