Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Ashley

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IGN: How will social networking be handled? Will there be anonymous friend codes like on the DS network, or will users be able to choose recognisable IDs like on Xbox Live?

David Yarnton: More details on that will come out closer to launch. But you will be able to play online, so for example with Metroid you will be able to play against friends online… [editor's note: at this point the Nintendo PR rep steps in to assert that Metroid has not been confirmed for online play].

Wasn't Metroid Hunters delayed to add online play in? Maybe Nintendo listened to the uproar after it was announced that it wasn't going to have a multiplayer...

Oh...oh damn...Looks like it's going to have to be zelda then...I don't like to settle for second best...:S...

Red Steel might be a candidate too though.

i feel your pain.

they are far fewer first party launch games than i thought,I guess nintendo want to give third party a good chance.Red stell would have no chance against metroid

Wasn't Metroid Hunters delayed to add online play in? Maybe Nintendo listened to the uproar after it was announced that it wasn't going to have a multiplayer...

Hunters was designed as a multiplayer game all along though, they just didn't have online planned for a while. Prime 3 on the other hand is supposed to be entirely singleplayer, no multiplayer at all. If they want to add online play, they're going to actually need to build a new multiplayer mode from scratch.

Hunters was designed as a multiplayer game all along though, they just didn't have online planned for a while. Prime 3 on the other hand is supposed to be entirely singleplayer, no multiplayer at all. If they want to add online play, they're going to actually need to build a new multiplayer mode from scratch.
Metroid Prime 3 uses a heavy modified version of Metroid Prime 2 engine, who had multiplayer, so they ought to have working code for split-screen multiplayer from the start. They'd still need to get a Network multiplayer working though.

They just weren't supposed to have time to implement new maps and such, given the delay... who knows. I think it'll have some sort of online, they really just need to polish gameplay a lot; maps and such can be downloadable extras, a bit like the Halo games through Xbox live.

i'm little concerned i will not like the new controls after seeing a latest video of someone playing on it.

turning with the remote seems to be the biggest problem and I heard the people playing it weren't totally convinced with it as they felt like they were fighting with it somewhat.

hope they fix it with the delay. just wish that some games could include standard controls in them as well.

Surely it can be turned off then.I want my fps controls to be fair and i dont want to feel like im cheating.

I don't think so, since it's probably a big thing in the game (the only way to "fling" enemies and doors etc), but I think you might get rewarded for not using it, like enemies die easier if shot in the head, but lock on is only on torso or the middle of the enemy.

I really hope Nintendo is sticking to this plan of a constant stream of games (I doubt it), because that means we would get a nice spread of Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, Battalion Wars and Smash Brawl over next year. Fingers crossed.

Just watched a Clip on IGN, the federation ship walkthrough, and all I could think about was "Halo" (along with "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING YOU IDIOT? DID YOU NOT READ THE ON SCREEN TEXT?")

Anyone else think this?

Could just be because Halo is within a similar setting... yet...

I know what you mean, but I'll reserve my judgement. I don't think that we are going to feel very isolated and alone in this one do you?:(

It's true that there's no isolation on the beggining of the game, but that doesn't mean you won't dwelve deep into a planet's underground tunnels all alone.

All that life in the beggining is good because it show something is going on between the GF and the space pirates and that Samus is not the center of the universe and that's just like 2% of the game or something. The rest of the game will probably be the way we like it and the way it's supposed to be.

Just watched a Clip on IGN, the federation ship walkthrough, and all I could think about was "Halo" (along with "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING YOU IDIOT? DID YOU NOT READ THE ON SCREEN TEXT?")

Anyone else think this?

So true. Just wait untill the Xbots find out about this... Get your shields.

Anyone else think this?

didnt get the halo vibe but i did get the -omg you idiot!!!! have you even played any metroid prime game before?!?!?!?!-thing.

same happened at e3 wth zelda . . .

I know what you mean, but I'll reserve my judgement. I don't think that we are going to feel very isolated and alone in this one do you?:(

im not a fan of the isolated feel-but it'll be like prime where it has a big opening and then calms down if you know what i mean. that hollywood style opening is just there to hook you and make you feel instantly a part of the action.

It's true that there's no isolation on the beggining of the game, but that doesn't mean you won't dwelve deep into a planet's underground tunnels all alone.

All that life in the beggining is good because it show something is going on between the GF and the space pirates and that Samus is not the center of the universe and that's just like 2% of the game or something. The rest of the game will probably be the way we like it and the way it's supposed to be.

I actually think that there won't be so much of the isolated feeling this time.

After all Samus visits more planets and there are other Hunters around.

Sure there'll be the isolated areas too but I think the feeling won't be that strong as it used to - more like it was during Hunters.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!