NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Okay I need some serious help here guys.

I'm stuck in the Gel Processing Plant in the fiery part of Bryyo. I'm at the top of the big tall tower thing and I can see a door with a green ledge in front of me - I can't jump to it. It's too high. What in Gods name do I do!!!!!

Okay I need some serious help here guys.

I'm stuck in the Gel Processing Plant in the fiery part of Bryyo. I'm at the top of the big tall tower thing and I can see a door with a green ledge in front of me - I can't jump to it. It's too high. What in Gods name do I do!!!!!

Jump at the green ledge (at, not on).

Jump at the green ledge (at, not on).

Oh my god....I'm seriously pissed off with Nintendo atm. Between that and my Zelda DS exploits...

Oh well... i believe i am almost at the end of the game.... and that for me is the really bad thing (I got to say). I was expecting a lot more, because the game is just outstanding. I love it, i mean... it has gave it to me great moments in my videogame history.

I'm pissed i still need at least 3 more to find so i can get to the Pirates Ship, which sucks!

. I'm gonna to do some backtraking in the game now, to try to get all the pickups.

Anyway, the game is brilliant. That's only what it matters :)

Oh crap, haven't played this game for 2 whole days, what's wrong with me!? So close to the end. Only need 2 more cells.

I'm sorry Samus, my beloved :(

I've just finished this truly exceptional game, :D though I'm both happy and sad as it's the end to the Metroid Prime trilogy which I have played since it started.

Of course getting 100% items and scans in the previous two I had to do it again on the third instalment, so I did. :smile: The 100% ending is good, I won't spoil it but it's just a fitting end to the trilogy I guess.

Final boss, which I also won't spoil is both decent and enjoyable, kind of easy to guess the final boss early on in the game but actually seeing, playing and then defeating is a satisfying experience.

Overall Metroid Prime 3 : Corruption betters it's predecessors in many ways thanks mostly to it's intuitive but solid method of control. Though as standalone entities I think I still prefer the original Metroid Prime, as a trilogy though, all three games will always occupy a special place in my heart along with the immortal Super Metroid.

Where will the series go from here? who knows, but if the next Metroid game turns out to be even as half as good as the combined Metroid Prime trilogy then that will be an achievement in it's own right, a Metroid game that surpasses them however would truly be something to behold.

Either way I'm sure that Samus Aran will return so until that time...

See you next mission! :smile:

I decided to set myself a target of beating this on Hypermode before Mario Galaxy drops ....... big mistake.

The bosses on Hypermode are insanely tough , Rundas was kicking my arse constantly , and the only reason I managed to beat him was because somehow he got caught between a pillar and the wall and was unable to fire/move/do anything so I just cheaply took advantage.

Whether I continue is a different matter as I think Hypermode will be more irritating than fun , of course , I may simply have OD'ed on this game.

I did the part where you have to defend the demolition troopers yesterday. YOu had to keep 4 of them alive, and that was the exact amount I got left after those Pirate fights. The Mini-Boss with the Red Phazite armour afterwards was pretty easy. I just constantly used hypermode on him.

Ok i guys need some help.

I need to get the 3rd part of the bomb by getting onto 'Skytram East', however i'm the room next to it and can't work out how to get there :( There's a scan saying the elevator is inactive but i can't work out how to get it working...Can anyone help?

Edit: My bad, i just read the map wrong.

Completed this yesterday, great game!

Then I started a new game on Hypermode... At first I was like "meh, ain't so bad", then when the first boss kicked my ass I was more like "hmm, oh dear". :laughing:

Seems like everything requires a load more shots, and Samus can only take a couple of direct hits before dying! Kind of cool though as it means you need to move around and dodge stuff pretty much perfectly.

Anyway, can’t wait to discover what Retro Studios next project will be. :smile:

Just started my second run through, even though it's on hypermode I'm finding it easier because I'm now used to the controls. Question! Do you still get friend vouchers on your second run through?

Just started my second run through, even though it's on hypermode I'm finding it easier because I'm now used to the controls. Question! Do you still get friend vouchers on your second run through?

Only those you haven't got in the first run. You can get the others again when you play from a new profile.

Just got the Spiderball and I've just been looking around for all the expansions I can now get. I don't mind searching through the areas I've already been to. I know some people don't like backtracking but it's never botherd me on any of the Prime games. Probably because they're such fun games.

I only need 2 or 3 more enery cells and I haven't even been looking for them! I've kinda just came across them in my searching around.

I think I've got about 62% and aout 12hrs 30mins into the game.

man, i just got this game today, its so awesome i just landed on the under siege planet and i love the whole atmosphere =D

*continues*

Completed the game a couple of days ago now i am just caught up in the awesome that is called alien solider.

But anyway this is the most complete metroid game i have ever played although when it ended i was kind of like thats it? but the introduction sequence alone (the whole half an hour intro) was amazing just like the controls.

Everything felt right well ... almost the story was cheesy and some moments where annoying and confusing but i guess thats metroid for you haha, would have been nice to have a multiplayer or play as the other hunters but you can't always get every sweet within a box of chocolates.

This is the best game i have played on the wii (zelda just felt like a gamecube game to me) and most def will be in my top three for game of the year (more than likely my number one pick).

Now retro stuidos PLEASE make something else!

Oh my god....I'm seriously pissed off with Nintendo atm. Between that and my Zelda DS exploits...

You should be pissed off at yourself... didn't you SCAN that green ledge? It tells you what to do...

About the story... I think it is funny how the game tries to be realistic, while at the same time have you do stuff in ways that are unrealistic. I mean who seals of the room to a supercomputer by turning into a ball and spinning around.

I dont think realism is what makes Metroid fun and the realistic story feels a bit unnecessary. I rather have it just be about Samus exploring ancient ruins, solving puzzles, and fighting giant monsters. I dont see the need for a realistic story.

having played metroid for a long while now i have to say it's over 9000 times better than twilight princess..

That is my unbiased opinion. The best zelda in my opinion is still lttp.:)

About the story... I think it is funny how the game tries to be realistic, while at the same time have you do stuff in ways that are unrealistic. I mean who seals of the room to a supercomputer by turning into a ball and spinning around.

I dont think realism is what makes Metroid fun and the realistic story feels a bit unnecessary. I rather have it just be about Samus exploring ancient ruins, solving puzzles, and fighting giant monsters. I dont see the need for a realistic story.

If a story about aliens crashing phazon commets into planets and giant brains as computers and other stuff that happens in this game is what you call a realistic story you need help.

I know what you mean actually, with all the levers, pumps etc. But then again it just raises the question, why is this all designed for samus? Well my answer is, this is a Metroid game. Personally I kind of take all the morph ball areas and other places that are specifically and convieniently designed for Samus as a metaphor of how she actually uses her abilities to her advantage in the environment she's in. That probably doesn't make sense, but I hope you can see what I mean.

Personally I thought it was because the chozo spread their technology throughout the galaxy, and It just so happens that's also where she got her suit from. Coincidence?

LOL, great cartoon. Completed this last night with 100% and just over 19 hours on the clock. Great final boss, and just the right difficulty (I did it on my fourth attempt). I thought the ending could have linked to Metroid II a bit more, though - the ending sequence and even the credits all fell a bit flat, in my opinion.

Anyway, overall it was a great game. If only it hadn't been so linear at the beginning it could have been better than Prime 1. Still the best game I've played in years, though. It's just a shame it's the last Metroid for ages.

This game just got released over here and I've played it for two and a half hours and clocked up 5% so far. I'm gonna take my sweet time with this, scan everthing that can be scanned and just bask in the environments as so far they are just beautiful. As Galaxy is released on the 29th of Nov I've got plenty of time to spend. Oh Yeah!!!

Just defeated:

Omega Ridley and thought he was a piss easy. I hated Metal Ridley on the first Prime game. He took me so many turns to kill the bastard.

Got about 72% now and the clock says 14hrs 20mins but I've just looked back at my Wii's play history and added all the time up and I've been on 17hrs 1min!