NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Um... are you sure? Cause no other Metroid is like that. You can't even save after finishing the game.

You can in this one.

Currently have 7 energy cells and I'm looking for 2 more is it??

Have to make it through Valhalla for something or other.

59% completed @ 10.30 hrs

Beat Omega Ridley yesterday, he was a bit too easy but the fight itself was fun. Now I have to go to the Valhalla again and maybe find the last two energy cells I'm still missing.

I completed the game with 96% completion rate :( I think I missed some scans that I can't go back for... and I was so careful! Damnit >.<

I completed it with 80% but...

...I didn't get any of the Skytown lore and two in the research section.

I think the hardest part of the game by far was when you had to take out the second air turrets against the flying pirates, and when you pulled the bars down they kept knocking them back up again, that took me about 15 minutes. All the bosses were pretty easy. I know a couple of people (my mate included) had a problem on the first leviathan boss but I found him quite easy.

I'm a bit disappointed about the suit and that the final upgrade was just the hazard protection on your shoulders and back.

Well now i've saved over my other file so I keep my scans and now i'm playing it through on Veteran.

And did anybody else think the beginning felt a bit Halo-ish?

I remember them using grenades in Veteran was well at the point where you are currently.

You are quite correct. Had a couple more attempts with varying tactics last night but failed again despite getting close. :shakehead

I think I will be relieved when SMG drops then I can forget about this for a while.

I completed the game with 96% completion rate :( I think I missed some scans that I can't go back for... and I was so careful! Damnit >.<

So you really can't play the save game after you finish?

NOt that I dont trust Meta Omega, just want further confirmation

I doubt i'll ever get all the scans. Even if it tells me what categor they're under.

I mean I thought I had a lot, then I looked to see how much I had. Alas, I was wrong.

So you really can't play the save game after you finish?

NOt that I dont trust Meta Omega, just want further confirmation

You can choose wether to start anew or keep the file as it is.

Yeah I stupidly chose to save over my file, so i've decided to start a new one on Veteran mode even though I lose all my credits etc. I should be able to get 100% scans this time round because I know what I missed, so then I can save over it and play through Hypermode not having to worry about missing any scans and concentrate on keeping my ass alive.

Another thing worth mentioning is that any credits you would get for scanning certain things, you cannot get again on another play through if you save over it and keep your data.

Just completed this game!

Woot!

Although I was a little disappointed with the final bosses.

Can't wait for Mario next week!!!!!

Need 1 more damn Energy Tank. I'm sure it's on the Valhalla since there isn't a white dot in any of the planets.

But I can't find it...

Need 1 more damn Energy Tank. I'm sure it's on the Valhalla since there isn't a white dot in any of the planets.

But I can't find it...

I found one there already but that one was in plain sight in one of the rooms there. Finished the Valhalla section today as well, for the code.

Another thing worth mentioning is that any credits you would get for scanning certain things, you cannot get again on another play through if you save over it and keep your data.

That's because scan credits are a one time only thing. You don't get different credits for scanning things in different difficulties. But you do get different credits for defeating enemies in different difficulties.

Shizzle, I ended up looking on a guide and I think the Energy Tank I missed was on the first ship your on. After that there's no way to obtain it.

Better check where else expansions are,if not i'm screwed.

Scrub that you have to get it for the P.E.D...

Where the hell is the last one >.<

YESSS GOT IT.

After searching every map 3 times, and having white dots in eveyr planet, I couldn't find it. But I remembered there was one area that didn't show.

Ice Bryyo, after all that time it was there. Finally realised it must of been there and it was.

That's because scan credits are a one time only thing. You don't get different credits for scanning things in different difficulties. But you do get different credits for defeating enemies in different difficulties.

Yeah but it's the red and blue ones that are the scanning ones I think and they're the ones I need to buy the rest of the extras.

Yeah but it's the red and blue ones that are the scanning ones I think and they're the ones I need to buy the rest of the extras.

If you've scanned everything you have enough credits to unlock everything. You only get Gold Credits twice: once for beating the boss on Normal/Veteran and once for beating them in Hypermode.

YESSS GOT IT.

After searching every map 3 times, and having white dots in eveyr planet, I couldn't find it. But I remembered there was one area that didn't show.

Ice Bryyo, after all that time it was there. Finally realised it must of been there and it was.

My last one was in the same place! I was scratching my head trying to figure out where it could be. Then I realised I hadn't checked that location.

Anyway I've got 100% now. Just went to the last boss...and died. Couldn't be bothered to do it again. Will try later.

...there is no save before the final boss. It means I've gotta do all that shit on Phaaze again and I really can't be bothered. I should have left the Wii on instead of turning it off 'cos then I could have started at Dark Samus again.

Just finished last night, with 100 % items (revealing the item locations felt like cheating though, in retrospect..), but not all the scans, includings some "should be obvious" scans like the fleet admiral, but I was too busy watching the pretty explosions outside, so I couldn't be bothered to scan him :indeed:.

I wish I started with Veteran mode immediately though, normal was too easy, but I figured "I have to get used to the controls first, and the first 2 were already pretty challenging on normal". Wrong. This game is pretty easy compared to the previous 2. The only things that really gave me trouble were

"]Rundas aka Iceman, most people agree here I believe, died 2 times before finally realizing in this hectic fight I also had a morphball ability to escape his massive & deadly ice pillar, and more uncommon I think, the mining gun. Wasted a lot of Hypermode energy on space pirates before I realized what you were supposed to do. Beat it at first attempt, but barely (which means me running to the nearest landing zone with beeping health alert).

Despite that, I love the game, and I'm a bit sad it end this trilogy. It certainly was worth all my gametime, I suspended playing Zelda Phantom Hourglass because I was anticipating this more.. Controls were simply fantastic, and makes me wonder why we don't have many more FPS games coming. This should be the new FPS age since the N64 days.. Although it did take me plenty time to get used to Metroid finally using FPS controls. I was wondering why those early Space Pirates were so tough, but I kept missing them because the lock on cursor confused me.. I was used to locking on to those enemies ;). Graphics, although overall perhaps not that much better than the Cube games, were still amazing, and there was a lot going on at some points, just to mention the introsequence again, I enjoyed simply watching outside seeing all those ships firing a lot of lasers at each other.. Artstyle was great again, skytown was beautiful (The Phendana Drifts of Prime 3 I guess), atmosphere was great (again, intro sequence, when the lights go out in the hallway during the attack.. But also right at the start when you're inside your ship). I loved how they incorporated the ship into the game this time (

"]Bombing the harvester drone was pretty satisfying ;)

). I only felt the bossbattles felt less epic than in the previous games. My only complaint about the game. Maybe I should start Veteran or Hypermode, but I also want to finish Zelda ;).

For now, I'd like to see some new Retro projects. I don't think we'll see a new normal console Metroid game this generation, but I hope to see a new one as a launch (not launch window! ;)) game for the new generation. Perhaps by anothe studio, to give Retro the chance to get some other projects going. As long as the basic Prime gameplay is kept, and the same level of detail is maintained. Not to mention the Metroid atmosphere.

I do hope we still get to see a 2D portable Metroid this generation, to fill the gap, and personally I'd also like to see a Metroid Prime Hunters for the Wii (/me dodges incoming supermissiles). Before you complain, I see Hunters simply as a fun FPS game set in the Metroid universe, and not as a traditional Metroid game. I'd also like them seperated, that's why I didn't want a multiplayer option in Prime 3 just like the rest of you.. But a standalone online multiplayer FPS game would be fantastic. Gets me more excited than Medal of Honour.

Saying "Spoiler" in spoiler tags doesn't work I think :heh:

Completed this last night. Wasn't as epic as Prime 2 final boss, that was much harder, this was pretty easy.

I mean Dark Aether blew up and Dark Samus survived, but it blew up after a little fight and died, unless it's in the ship you seen at the end.

Really? I found MP2 final boss to be one of the easiest bosses in the game...

Saying "Spoiler" in spoiler tags doesn't work I think :heh:

[..]

Well, I didn't put that there ;). They work a bit differently then I'm used to on other forums (tried <spoiler> xxx </spoiler>). Anyway, got it sorted.