NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Just beat it first time, Veteran, 100%, 17 hours 25 mins... got all Lores, except 3 Space Pirate ones (wonder where the hell they are), but missing a few creatures somehow too????

Bosses I found hard were, First Seed Boss, Gandrayda, 1st part of the final boss and the 3rd Seed Boss was kinda hard too, mostly because 1st time i fought him i had his energy down to like one more hit but i didn't have enough energy left to turn on hypermode... these were the only bosses to kill me, but I got them all on the 2nd go.

The fight with Dark Samus was cool, when she cloned herself that was unexpected (i forgot to read the scan, i just scanned and fought), Aurora 313 was cool but you kinda saw it coming since before you even played the game (if you watched the Aurora preview vid on the Preview Channel), but i was slightly disappointed they didn't go the full 9 yards and call it "Mother Brain" I thought that was what they were setting up. Also a bit disappointed that after you beat it that was it, i thought there might be another "transformation". I was really hoping that Dark Samus would turn back into Metroid Prime, well not exactly the same (since you don't have the various beams anymore) maybe even just the Metroid Prime Essence (or whatever the "ghost" form was at the end of Prime 1) would have really rounded off the trilogy nicely.

It's supposed to the ship of one the Hunters from Metroid Prime Hunters. A bit of a lame cliffhanger if you ask me.

Yeah I thought it was that, it reminded me of the green guy name begins with a K i think, can't remember the full name..... but not only is that a poor cliffhanger it also make no sense since Hunters was meant to take place between Prime 2 and Prime 3 and all those other hunters died, so he should be too.

Wasn't the whole Prime series meant to take place between Metroid and Metroid 2 couldn't they have come up with something that would hint towards Metroid 2?

The place where Samus is sitting down remember the deaths of the other 3 hunters.... is that Tallon IV? Looks like the area where you placed the artifacts to enter the final boss battle.

A few things however I didn't like about the game.... not enough Dark Samus, I was expecting to come across her more, like in Prime 2, or even in some Cut Scenes or something.

When your in the ship there's a button that opens up your weapons and one that turns on your shield, when I spotted these right when i first booted up the game I was thinking there'd be even 1 section when you get to have a spaceship dog fight.

And no Power Bomb, why no Power Bomb?

Ok so the Ship Missile took it's place, but I saw little point in having the Ship Missile upgrades, I only ever used them for those like 3 or 4 set pieces that you were required to use them to clear a path, I never had to (or even thought of) try and use them in a fight.

The Energy Cells were too easy to find also, I found all of them bar one without even tryin to look for them.

But that's all minimal anyway, as it was still a fantastic game, and I can't wait to go through Hypermode can't wait to see how much the difficulty ramps up.

Oh and one nice touch I loved was how the reflection of Samus inside the visor changes as she gets more corrupted, was well into Skytown before I noticed it, thought something was wrong with my TV i was like "why does her eyes look funny?"

Oh yeah I just took a quick go on Hypermode to get to first save point before I came online and noticed something I didn't spot before... at the very start when you're on the Olympus, to the right of the first two Marines you see there's a "Target Practice" range.... was that there on Veteran mode? I never saw it? How does it work, I can't get the score to go higher than 2 even though I keep hitting the targets? Oh and it's nice you get to keep all your scans from the previous play, should help to cut some time off for sure.

And one last thing.... does anyone have, or have a link to somewhere I can download the games music as mp3 (the file type not short for the games name :heh:)

Oh yeah I just took a quick go on Hypermode to get to first save point before I came online and noticed something I didn't spot before... at the very start when you're on the Olympus, to the right of the first two Marines you see there's a "Target Practice" range.... was that there on Veteran mode? I never saw it? How does it work, I can't get the score to go higher than 2 even though I keep hitting the targets?

Yes, it's there on Veteran. You choose one target and then try to hit it as many times as you can WITHOUT letting it fall to the ground. If you hit it 10 times like that you receive a gold credit (I think it's gold...) and if you hit it 20 times you receive another gold credit.

I managed to hit it 20 times but it took me a few minutes and a lot of frustration. :D

Yes, it's there on Veteran. You choose one target and then try to hit it as many times as you can WITHOUT letting it fall to the ground. If you hit it 10 times like that you receive a gold credit (I think it's gold...) and if you hit it 20 times you receive another gold credit.

I managed to hit it 20 times but it took me a few minutes and a lot of frustration. :D

Ha, weird how i missed that on my first play so, haha and cheers, i was shooting one then shoot the other then the one that replaced the first and so on and wondering why the score wasn't moving :heh:

Where did you order from? My Play.com preorder's still lost somewhere - I gave up on Saturday, and bought it from Asda (cheaper!) instead; I'll return Play's copy when (if) it turns up...

I pre ordered mine from asda entertainment online. I phoned them up today and they said if its not come in the next few days ring back and il get a refund. Still pretty shitty though

I need vouchers! What do I need? Friend codes? Wii codes? ID card? Blood type? I'm lazy to check.

I sent some vouchers to someone on my friends list and he sent some to me the other day, and we're both still waiting to receive them. :indeed:

The friend vouchers, nice feature but Retro could have easily just allowed you to unlock the extras via the main game that a linked to the friend vouchers, I mean it's using Wii connect 24 fair enough but it also means that a lot of people might never see the extras due to not bothering with the friend vouchers.

The actual game itself is amazing though, sure it's the same concept but if it isn't broke, don't break it! the controls work just as they should and the ways that the controls are incorporated into the main gameplay are well thought out, absolutely loving it atm. :smile:

a lot of people might never see the extras due to not bothering with the friend vouchers.

It seems some of us might not see the extras even if we do bother with the vouchers. :indeed:

I've just come from a lovely 2 hour session of playing this game. I'm not too far into it, I really take my time.

I just acquired the PED suit, after activating those 3 generators. Well, 2... The Meta Ridley boss battle while falling down was ACE! Based on The Lord of the Rings, of course, but absolutely awesome, took me by surprise. And I did say wow.

;)

I'm getting more used to the controls now and the more you play the better they get. Or the better you get at them. :heh: Everything is extremely responsive, I have not had any problems whatsoever with the controls until now, everything works great, be it the targeting, be it the motion sensitive controls (opening doors, morph ball jump).

Also, I'm begining to see more of the environments and I take back what I said earlier about them. The graphics here are really sharp too. I still think the bloom might be a bit exagerated, though, but they are great.

The game is also kind of taking the approach of "live cutscenes", which I believe were introduced by Half Life. Not to the extent that HL does it, but still there are some examples where characters are speaking to you and you still can manipulate Samus. Or at least her visor. You actually also could do this in Metal Gear Solid, during the torture scene.

BTW, I use A for fire and B for jumping. I tried switching for experiment, but since this game does not feature machine guns (ie, burst fire) I t think firing with A is more suited because you have to press the button several times for consecutive shots and I find that awkward with the index finger.

grrrr.. just tried to kill off the first anti air craft gun.. i died.. when i started again i had to do the whole f****** scanning/ calling in space craft/ anti air craft thing agzin... aaaaargh... place a fuc**** waypoint at places like this or i will trash talk your games Retro..

I finally get the chance to play the game again today, now that exams are over. I'm just after getting the second ship upgrade.

The place where Samus is sitting down remember the deaths of the other 3 hunters.... is that Tallon IV? Looks like the area where you placed the artifacts to enter the final boss battle.

I would say that it's the first landing zone on Elysia. I could be wrong though.

So if I found the previous two Prime games rather boring, should I get this one?

I was realling looking forward to a Goldeneye/Timesplitters style shooter on the Wii... :(

So if I found the previous two Prime games rather boring, should I get this one?

I was realling looking forward to a Goldeneye/Timesplitters style shooter on the Wii... :(

Medal of Honor : Heroes 2 is out soon :yay: That should satisfy you (and me).

I also found previous Metroid game's quite boring, but I think that was because I got stuck a lot. Around 4 hour's into the game now, and I'm starting to strugle. Might have to buy N-Gamer soon for that pocket sized game guide they have with it!

Just got the spider ball at last, after seeing tracks for it for ages and not being able to use them. Time for some backtracking! :)

replaying it now, went for normal just to enjoy it at an easier pace. and how easy it is! rundis was so much easier, made that section more enjoyable.

Beat Helios just now, wasn't really that hard but all those different forms where fun to fight. The form where all the swarmbots start shooting simultaneously really tests your firing skills. It also took quite a while to get his armor off for the last shots. He went through about 4 forms before he opened up again.

Went to Pirate Homeworld after that but I can't get very far without some new suit. So now I'm backtracking all over the place, first Norion where I got an energy after defeating a very annoying boss. I got a lot of missile expansions left to find so it won't be in vain. :p

Went to Pirate Homeworld after that but I can't get very far without some new suit. So now I'm backtracking all over the place, first Norion where I got an energy after defeating a very annoying boss. I got a lot of missile expansions left to find so it won't be in vain. :p

You can still do more on the Pirate Homeworld - up until it's first boss. By "I can't get very far" I'm guessing you're at the room at the top of the lift with the acid rain - look at the right side of the room, you'll see a large alcove there - just stay under the bridge and go that way.

Anyway, just beat the game 100%

The final cutscene was OK, the extra bit was very disappointing. From searching, it seems that the ship is somewhat like one of the ships in Metroid Prime Hunters. Why not just show Samus heading to/landing on SR-388? Unless it's something to do with the next Metroid game. If so, announce the game already!

And I found all the energy tanks and missiles for it. What made it worse was that the missiles were hardly used in the final section and the energy tanks were just vented anyway. Still, the missiles and tanks were very easy to find because of the info from the Chozo Observatory.

Still, I have to say that it's so far the best game I've played this year. Actually, make that ever. Now give us Metroid Prime 1 & 2 on a disk with Wii Controls and new bits to make use of stuff like the new grapple. And add some landing pads, too.

The final cutscene was OK, the extra bit was very disappointing. From searching, it seems that the ship is somewhat like one of the ships in Metroid Prime Hunters. Why not just show Samus heading to/landing on SR-388? Unless it's something to do with the next Metroid game. If so, announce the game already!

And I found all the energy tanks and missiles for it. What made it worse was that the missiles were hardly used in the final section and the energy tanks were just vented anyway. Still, the missiles and tanks were very easy to find because of the info from the Chozo Observatory.

Still, I have to say that it's so far the best game I've played this year. Actually, make that ever. Now give us Metroid Prime 1 & 2 on a disk with Wii Controls and new bits to make use of stuff like the new grapple. And add some landing pads, too.

Yeah I was expecting to see something lead to Metroid 2 in the ending, the Hunters ship makes no sense since Hunters took place before MP3 and all those other hunters did die.

And about the bit on the energy tanks, my god your right, what was the point in finding them all when they all get vented and your stuck in hypermode? Unless the rate at which the yellow bar fills depends on the number of tanks you had, like the more you have the slower it fills.

I also saw no point in the ship missle expansions, i only ever used them for the set pieces they are needed for.

Just wondering which "A button, B button" set up did everyone else use, i used A for jump and B for shoot, i tried the default set up but didn't feel comfortable using B for jumping, plus my index finger is my trigger finger afterall, just felt better

Yeah I was expecting to see something lead to Metroid 2 in the ending, the Hunters ship makes no sense since Hunters took place before MP3 and all those other hunters did die.

The hunters don't die. If you have seen the good ending of MPH, there's six lights of colors corresponding to each hunter flying away from the planet when Gorea dies. And I'm not convinced this ship is Sylux one.

Anyway MPH was a uber-shitty Metroid game. Screw this f****ing multiplayer!

Just wondering which "A button, B button" set up did everyone else use, i used A for jump and B for shoot, i tried the default set up but didn't feel comfortable using B for jumping, plus my index finger is my trigger finger afterall, just felt better

Like I said above, I'm using the default setting, A = fire , B = jump, just because of the rapid fire nature of the game, I'm more used to firing with A at those speeds. If the game had a burst mode, I'd use B for firing.

I also saw no point in the ship missle expansions, i only ever used them for the set pieces they are needed for.

I didn't even know you could use them in that way until I tried to get my ship to land on a landing pad, but discovered that it wasn't activated because of enemies. I then saw the bomb button and tried it. Only time I ever used it in combat

I should mention my two biggest dissapointments:

1. G.F.S. Valhalla. It was great that you could open it bit by bit if you wanted to, but it was ultimately dissapointing. What do you get? A boss battle against a Metroid Hatcher that took a second as I had the Nova Beam and a room with a code. Which led to the next dissapointment.

2. The Leviathan Battleship. Before entering I read the scan on it, how it was the Space Pirates' ultimate battleship made to Dark Samus' specifications. I expected more thant simply warping into a room on the ship and pressing the A button.

I used:

Veteran Difficulty

A Jump/B Shoot

+ Hypermode/- Visor

Hint System Off

Credit Alert Popup Thing Off

Boos Ball Aiming On (When I discovered the option existed)

Does the time count when you die and continue? I'm sure I spent a lot longer than 16 hours and 30 minutes on it.

Got a message earlier saying I unlocked special ending for 75%. Think I have 78% of items now but time for a break.

Gonan try and finish it for tomorrow.

You can still do more on the Pirate Homeworld - up until it's first boss. By "I can't get very far" I'm guessing you're at the room at the top of the lift with the acid rain - look at the right side of the room, you'll see a large alcove there - just stay under the bridge and go that way.

Thanks for the hint. When I first got there, 217 send me a message about a new suit so I immediately turned around and went to another planet to search for it.:p I didn't really look around in that room but I saw the alcove after getting back. At least I got 2 energy cells and a ton of missile expansions as a reward for my backtracking. :p

Beat Gandrayda as well, that was the hardest boss until now for me. She got me to two energy tanks out of about 9. And I was barely doing any damage to her, because I didn't use hypermode a lot. I could have used it but she's just too fast so I would waste an energy tank on it. She managed to do a lot of damage with her Samus form, I hate enemies (Boost Guardian) that randomly boost around the place. Luckily that form didn't last very long. That attack where she grabs you was hard to avoid as well.