NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Seems like every room I enter, I put on the scan visor.

Is there any other way to play this game? :awesome:

They complained not about the quest itself really, but the fact it says "recorded to logbook" and they weren't checking the descriptions at the time. The descriptions of the cells are actually in the inventory, not the logbook, which is the issue they had as it as confusing. A couple of them would be annoying to find without any idea where they were.

Completed the game now 100%. Phaaze as a whole was a pain in the ass, though I liked the first Dark Samus fight. The Aurora unit fights on the other hand were a bit bland and didn't really feel fitting for the end of an epic trilogy, I was hoping Dark Samus would reform into Metroid Prime for the true final battle. Shame there was no escape sequence either, the end was a tad anticlimatic, even with the 100% ending.

Interesting that Samus is shown being tailed at the end though, I wonder if that maybe is a hint towards future Metroid projects or if it's just suggesting Samus' adventures dont end here. I don't really want to see anything more taking place between Metroid 1 and 2 though or hell, you'd think Samus would've drastically aged by the time she eventually went to SR388.

Anyway good game though I do feel a tad disappointed thinking that since it was so easy to get 100%, there really isn't much left replayability wise, unless I want 100% scans or to try Hyper mode, both of which aren't motivating me a huge deal.

Yes it was a bit anti-climatic but the "Mission Complete" scene was brilliant :bowdown:

I think the one tailing her (was it the ship of that Ice-Hunter guy?) lay in a different course than hers so it was more like a part of Metroid Prime could have survived in that ship.

Ok i think i'm almost finished now, but i'm trying to drag it out as much as i can by backtracking everytime i get a new weapon upgrade to check out new areas on previous planets, i just don't want it to end yet.

I found all the Energy Cells, didn't really need the scan hints, except for one

The one on Skytown in the "Storage" room... can't remember the full room name for, but you need the energy grapple beam to get it

every other one you can find the hint for before you've been in the room it's in, and you'll have the required upgrades to find the cell the first time you go there (except for the one i mentioned above), and some you actually have to find to complete it's rooms puzzle anyway, so the scan hints were a little redundant compared to the Chozo Artifacts in Prime 1 and the Dark Keys in Prime 2, i miss that challenge.

I've now got all the upgrades (i think)

well i got the Nova Beam and obviously everything before that

and opened up all of the Valhala, honestly i was hoping for a bit more from the final room but still was decent.

Gonna go back over Bryyo tomorrow, found those map upgrades on Elyisa that show item locations and all the items i have missed (of course not including the pirate homeworld) are on Bryyo (3 on Bryyo).

ANd speaking of the satallite launching room, there's a ton of planets that you can check out, but the bomb slot isn't working on a load of them, is there anyway to get them to work cuz i spent ages trying to figure out how to turn them on, i hunger for scans :heh:

if you people can give your own review what rating would you give this game?

Presentation: 10

Graphics: 9.0

Gameplay: 10

Sound: 8.5

Lasting appeal: 9

it is in my opinion the best first person to date only too bad it doesnt has online mode, nice bosses good storyline, i like the voice acting in it

i also like the unlockables great game

Sound 8.5? Get out of here! :P

I don't like giving scores, it gives me a headache when I have to give them in a review.

Well, i'm not going to get till Thursday night to play this game now... I know i'm fairly far into it, after just getting the item that changes your armour.

I wanna finish it! :)

Do you get anything for 100% scans in this game. I suspect it might just be a voucher this time.

Do you get anything for 100% scans in this game. I suspect it might just be a voucher this time.

You get vouchers for every logbook scan, and the usual scan unlockables are done via vouchers, so I don't think so.

I think they're just there to imply that the Chozo did study and view a LOT of different planets.

ah but they should have let us see the info on all of them, a satalite still reappears after you've used all the bomb slots your able, would be cool if they put in extra easter eggs with scans of Zebas, SR-388 and maybe even Earth just for kicks

I've just died at:

The bit after you've built the bomb and you've gotta protect the spire from Pirate attack. Well, I didn't actually die, the Spire was destroyed.

Does anyone else use Hypermode much? I find myself hardly ever using it. Normally I just use it on bosses.

I've just died at:

The bit after you've built the bomb and you've gotta protect the spire from Pirate attack. Well, I didn't actually die, the Spire was destroyed.

Does anyone else use Hypermode much? I find myself hardly ever using it. Normally I just use it on bosses.

I only really use it when an ememy uses their hypermode.

I also used it on the "defending" the spire bit though as i kept running out of time (ie:spire destoryed) and found it easier to take out the attacking ships using hypermode

Metroid has entered the UK chart at Number 7!

That is amazing news! MP2 barely scrapped the Top 30 i believe, so the Wii and it's advertisement sure are proving popular!

Zelda:PH is at Number 4, so still top 5.

Overall, i'm impressed. It was always going to be near impossible to win over a Football game in the UK, so Number 7 is excellent!

:yay:

Metroid has entered the UK chart at Number 7!

That is amazing news! MP2 barely scrapped the Top 30 i believe, so the Wii and it's advertisement sure are proving popular!

:yay:

What advertising...?? I haven't seen one for Metroid 3!!?? :wtf:

just done it now, but im needing friends voucher trades. any one interested ina trade my number is

2121 9680 6623 2222

just pm me if you ad me.

Seemed a litle tajme, last bit on phazee was a bit dull tbh, and having to re do a load was annoying. last boss was alright. though it was an anti climax. nowt like the first prime.

I use it a lot.

What advertising...?? I haven't seen one for Metroid 3!!?? :wtf:

I've actually seen it a few times.

I've actually seen it a few times.

Yeah me too, its pretty sweet aswell.

Din did you get that Friend Voucher I sent you? I havent been on MP3 in a couple of days ( trying to get through 10 series of Friends :) ) so I just wanted to know if you have recieved it.

Yeah me too, its pretty sweet aswell.

Din did you get that Friend Voucher I sent you? I havent been on MP3 in a couple of days ( trying to get through 10 series of Friends :) ) so I just wanted to know if you have recieved it.

Yes, cheers mate.

Wow i can't believe metroid only got to 7 :( Prime got to number 1 back in the day!

If only they advertised it more it would have shifted more units.

Wow i can't believe metroid only got to 7 :( Prime got to number 1 back in the day!

You have to remember though that for some reason Nintendo didnt ship many units of MP3, at least that what I have read.

Nintendo themselves were not expecting it to do well, Number 7 proves them totally wrong.

It was up against Pro Evolution Soccer...so....i think it was a good position.

Mario Galaxy needs to be number 1, though Assasins Creed will beat it, probably.

Need to get some vouchers, but I've been so busy I'm not even sure how the system works.

Argh. I don't get it. How do I collect those bomb parts? I have the ship upgrade but I can't pick up one of them and the two others I can't reach. I hate wandering aimlessly around so please tell me what to do. Gamefaqs confused me, too much to read and I haven't followed them so it's a bit difficult to use it.

55% into it now. Just spent a bit of time finding some of the items, before I go back to the main quest.