NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Really enjoying this game, had to pry myself away from it to post this. Currently half way through Bryyo.

Controls are excellent.

"God I love this game?"

You guys are making me want to cry for selling my Wii two weeks ago for £200. Obviously will get it back, but maybe on Galaxy's launch day in THREE FUKEN WEEKS!!! This is more like it from Ninty.

Loving it here as well! I''m still waiting for my play.com preorder, but by this morning's non-appearance in the post, I'd had enough of waiting, so got it from Asda - for less than play's price! I'll just return the second copy when it arrives...

"God I love this game?"

You guys are making me want to cry for selling my Wii two weeks ago for £200. Obviously will get it back, but maybe on Galaxy's launch day in THREE FUKEN WEEKS!!! This is more like it from Ninty.

And why, in the good name of fuck, would you sell your Wii now that so many great games are coming its way...? Didn't you know that Metroid and Mario were coming less than a month from the time at which you sold the console? And so many others and new annoucements practically every week? Seriously, I'm a little puzzled at your timing. If you had sold the Wii back in May or something like that, I would kind of understand, but in the middle of October?

any memorable tunes so far?

Yeah, how about the ost? Is it good? Is it metroid? Do you guys are in to it?

And why, in the good name of fuck, would you sell your Wii now that so many great games are coming its way...? Didn't you know that Metroid and Mario were coming less than a month from the time at which you sold the console? And so many others and new annoucements practically every week? Seriously, I'm a little puzzled at your timing. If you had sold the Wii back in May or something like that, I would kind of understand, but in the middle of October?

See, I love making a profit and CEX were offering £199 for Wiis with wii sport so i caved in, tbh Im concentrating on Command and Conquer 3 online, but I can always get a Wii, regardless of the high demand, I know where to get my things when I need 'em.

Also, I didn't get into Prime, so I sort of over looked Corruption...But the way the controls are being herald, I feel like I have to try again.

Hmm, in that case, you not getting into MP, I would suggest you wait for MoH Heroes 2 for some FPS controls action. Because Metroid will be Metroid and if you're not into it, you won't be into this one either, I reckon.

Hmm, in that case, you not getting into MP, I would suggest you wait for MoH Heroes 2 for some FPS controls action. Because Metroid will be Metroid and if you're not into it, you won't be into this one either, I reckon.

I have to disagree with you there, I thoroughly disliked the other 2 Metroid Prime games because of the controls and hours of backtracking. This game totally solved those problems for me and made the game far easier to get into.

am I the only person playing on normal feel like I'm missing out by playing it...regretting the decision somewhat.

am I the only person playing on normal feel like I'm missing out by playing it...regretting the decision somewhat.

Im playing on normal but I aint regretting it. You have to beat it on Hyper Mode to unlock all the extras as some of the bosses only give gold tokens when beat on the dificulty.

I loved the first Metroid Prime and hated the second, but Corruption is pure gold, baby!

The control scheme is awesome, I thought Red Steel's controls were awesome, but this so much better. Haven't played much yet, I'm still in Bryyo, but now I'm going to play for a few days straight because I don't have to go to work for a week.

I'm also playing on normal , I wasn't sure if one playthrough would provide enough gold tokens to unlock everything so I was always planning more than one playthrough anyway (despite failings below). The fact that this is so incredible makes that more likely now and a nice bonus.

And TBH I have always struggled on Metroid games , never did beat the second form of the final boss in Prime 1 , and got bored midway through Echoes , lame on both counts I know.

The fact that I am loving this one so much means I really want to get back to re-attempting the other two again , although it'll mean re-acquiring then . Thats got to be a testament to the quality of this game.

Mogenar is the most stupidly annoying and frustrating boss I've ever seen.

i really love this game , great story good Voice acting , the Controls are Perfect for a First person shooter , Graphics are really good ,

becouse of this i didn't touch my 360 i'm waiting for Naruto and Asassin creed

in metroid i love the part where you can push the buttons to control your ship

it makes me wanting star wars :P where you can do the same in your ships

I'm loving this game! i wasn't a big fan of the first two (as i failed at them :heh:)

But this is a beautiful game! :D

Man, this is my first time getting online to type about this game, i love it.

At last the Wii is starting to come into it's own for the hardcore, the game is bloody brilliant, the controls are even better than i hoped, when you first get the grapple beam using it to pull things is a great feeling, i was worried it might fade the more i used it but aftre ours of playing i still get a great feeling when i use the grapple.

I don't know why some reviews complained about the start of the game having too many people (supposidly losing that Metroid feeling of being alone) but i loved it, was great to get to see more of Samus' universe and the set pieces were well executed.

And it is also B-E-A-UTIFUL i've seen some people say in parts it doesn't look as great but i've not seen any such moment yet.

I'm playing the game on Veteran mode also (please tell me there is still a hard mode to unlock), i figured since i played the first 2 to play on normal mode would be too easy. The bosses while easy to figure out how to beat (so far) are damned hard to take down (i'm assuming this is due to the difficulty mode) the first boss I beat with only 9 energy points left, I was shouting at the TV, "there's is no way i'm going to die at the first boss, hell no" it was awesome.

Hypermode is great, but i try to only use it when an enemy goes hype...otherwise it's too easy.... the first time you go corrupted hyper i actually died cause i had no idea what was happening or what to do (never read the booklet :heh:)

At the moment i am

... in skytown, just assembled the nuclear bomb and trying to drop it on the seed but the pirates keep shooting down... i can't wait to drop this bomb, i'm expecting a massive explosion, hope i'm not disappointed

:)

Oh and when you first come across the Phazon Metroids man that freaked me out, Metroids always make me cold sweat :heh:

Oh yeah, i just remembered, when the US version came out pople said there was a scan that mentioned Metroid Dread... i thought it was near the start of the game i don't think i saw it... did i miss it or is it further on?

Oh yeah, i just remembered, when the US version came out pople said there was a scan that mentioned Metroid Dread... i thought it was near the start of the game i don't think i saw it... did i miss it or is it further on?

Hmmm, I haven't come across it yet either. Maybe they removed it to avoid further confusion?

I tell you whats starting to annoy me, the fact that you have to do certain tasks like save a trooper or dont get hit in certain fights to gain various credits/tokens. I dont mind the challenge of doing them, the annoying part is the lack of save station around these sections. If I fail I have to trundle all the way back and try it again.

This game is awesome! Didn't really like the start of the game but arrving on Bryyo it started to feel like Metroid and I'm getting into it now. Loving the controls. Using the grapple beam is just brilliant fun! Oh, and the game does look beautiful.

I'm on normal as well. I'm not the kind of person who enjoys tough games so I didn't fancy playing on veteran. Maybe after I complete it.

This game is awesome! Didn't really like the start of the game but arrving on Bryyo it started to feel like Metroid

This is probably the best game ive played in ages to be fair, and I read some reviews that said the opening ruined it slightly by not being very Metroid because you have lots of NPC's about but on playing it I didnt really mind it, it was Retro doing something a bit different with the Prime Series. Now im on Bryyo its much more like Metroid because your in such an isolated, desolate environment in which you can explore. Just got the Ice missiles now, also does anyone else feel its got a much more Star Wars like feel to the game.

I beat Ghor today and he was laughably easy, didn't even lose one energy tank on him. Great to have the Plasma Beam again.

:D

Got the Screw Attack as well, I really like the ice section of Bryyo, same atmosphere as Phendrana Drifts in Prime. It was a bit short though.